• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will Lilliard get traded to?

What team will Lilliard get traded to?

• New York Knicks

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Lakers

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 76ers

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Heat

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an interesting proposal
Sixers get Dame
Warriors get Simmons
Portland gets Draymond and Wiseman

Simmons becomes the Warriors small ball 5
On paper the idea of upgrading Draymond to Simmons makes some sense, I just don't think the Ws would break up their core like that. Draymond is about far more than the numbers he puts up.

Also, Dame for Draymond and Wiseman is a joke almost as bad as Schroeder and Kuzma

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an interesting proposal
Sixers get Dame
Warriors get Simmons
Portland gets Draymond and Wiseman

Simmons becomes the Warriors small ball 5

Seems like Portland should get more than that
Were there picks or anything involved?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came up with this suggestion a month ago. And now it looks like it can really happen. I believe @fightinfunbags came up with a couple of scenarios to make it possible. This would be huge for the Sixers if management can make it work.
Morey is a genius so I think it could happen and the EC would be really fun next season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be tough to lose them, but if I am Philly I trade Maxey and Thybulle if needed to get Lillard. You go all in on this while Embiid is in his prime.
You need to play it right and negotiate in such a way that you only lose one. I would value Thybulle being the guy to keep. When you go from Simmons to Lillard you lose defense making Thybulle even more valuable. Additionally, adding Lillard to the rotation takes minutes away from Maxey anyway.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to play it right and negotiate in such a way that you only lose one. I would value Thybulle being the guy to keep. When you go from Simmons to Lillard you lose defense making Thybulle even more valuable. Additionally, adding Lillard to the rotation takes minutes away from Maxey anyway.

I am like the head of the Thybulle fan club, and of course would try that. But I am saying you might have to. Thybulle has been playing great for the Aussie team btw.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am like the head of the Thybulle fan club, and of course would try that. But I am saying you might have to. Thybulle has been playing great for the Aussie team btw.
All Matthise needs is to become a 34-35% 3 pt shooter and he’s a great role guy in your starting 5. He gets you transition with his defense. He’s pretty decent off the dribble and that game opens up for him if he can just get a reliable 3. I think Sixers would be negotiating against themselves unless the Celtics are a player. I don’t think any of these contenders that Dame would consider can out do Simmons Maxey and picks. Just my opinion. Once a player like Dame makes it known he wants out (and despite his press conference today I think we’re there) Portland already knows it’s losing the deal. We learned this with Barkley and A.I.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t see any mentioned.

Seems like Portland would be better off just dealing with the Sixers and getting Simmons, another player and a pick or 2. I don't think Dray works anywhere outside of GSW. Wiseman looks like he'll be pretty good, but I doubt he'll be good enough to justify giving up Dame.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Knicks.
From what I’ve read the Knicks are in it because one of their assistants is one of Dame’s mentors from Oakland. At the same time, why does Dame want out of Portland to go team up with Julius Randle and just a bunch of guys? If he’s doing this it’s to get paired with people he can win a championship with.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I’ve read the Knicks are in it because one of their assistants is one of Dame’s mentors from Oakland. At the same time, why does Dame want out of Portland to go team up with Julius Randle and just a bunch of guys? If he’s doing this it’s to get paired with people he can win a championship with.

If I remember correctly, the Knicks are going to have a lot of cap space. If they get Dame and another star level player to add to Randle, they would be contenders. Especially if they could get another solid role player or 2.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, the Knicks are going to have a lot of cap space. If they get Dame and another star level player to add to Randle, they would be contenders. Especially if they could get another solid role player or 2.
I’m seeing that they have $25 million in cap space. That would be the range of a Lowry John Collins DeRozan Drummond based on who is available in FA. Not sure that Dame Randle plus one of above is better constructed than Dame McCollum Nurkic. But it is in the East. Maybe that would be appealing to him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. There’s one guy in that group that’s been a 3 time all star that still has an upside that could be greater than any guy in that Laker deal. Simmons is also likely a better player than both Schroeder and Kuzma even if he adds nothing to his game in my opinion. Another leg up for the Sixers is the fact that Minnesota really covets Simmons. I would think a 3 way deal with Minnesota gives Portland more options as well with KAT Russell and Anthony Edwards. This is why the Sixers signed Morey. Need that guy to get creative. I don’t know who Quentin Mayo is but dude tweeted this a little while ago:

Lillard is looking to get out of the West and go to Knicks or Sixers.

I was being extremely sarcastic there

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you really need to learn to read. Or at least quit assuming things that haven't been said. I addressed one post. Using the players given. Nothing more was discussed. I've posted here long enough for you to know that I wouldn't think that was a viable deal.

Obviously, it would take more than Schroder and Kuzma, pretty sure the person that I was actually responding to understood that as well.

I understand that too.

It is just that duo doesn’t have a whole lot of value. You might get an aging star like Lowry for them if Toronto wants to move on and get younger.

But I don’t care how many 1sts and swaps you add to those 2 players you aren’t getting there.

It is a non-starter when the picks are all expected to be near 30 for the foreseeable future. And you best believe AD, LeBron and Dame would have the Lakers picking near 30.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they aren’t going to just give him the Lakers. You can take that one of the choice menu.
I highly doubt that as well, but on my local news. I just saw the dude who does sports going all googly cuz the Lakers are 1 of 4 teams Lilliard listed as teams he wants to be traded to.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hoping it’s true. But your guess is as good as mine as to why he might want out.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt that as well, but on my local news. I just saw the dude who does sports going all googly cuz the Lakers are 1 of 4 teams Lilliard listed as teams he wants to be traded to.

Of course he will list them.

And I can guarantee the other 3 have better tradeable assets.