• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where Dolphins currently stand with salary cap

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is also a rumored name tied to the Fins - a great player, but dirty as anyone who follows the NFL with any regularity should know - could be interesting

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is also a rumored name tied to the Fins - a great player, but dirty as anyone who follows the NFL with any regularity should know - could be interesting

It's good to see the Fins making salary cap room to add veteran talent. I think they have made the right decisions with the cuts so far. They will probably release Wheeler & Ellerbe to create even more salary cap room. They have some big decisions to make RE other Dlinemen like Starks & E Mitchell. RE Suh: He plays with a lot of emotion. Without the occasional stepping on players & kicks he's just a dominating player. Suh is a rare talent that should be considered by the Fins. He's a Dlineman that requires double teams.He makes other players better. He'd improve both the pass defense & the run defense. The question is are the Fins better off with quantity of veteran additions at different positions or adding a top tier talent like him who is in his prime.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to see the Fins making salary cap room to add veteran talent. I think they have made the right decisions with the cuts so far. They will probably release Wheeler & Ellerbe to create even more salary cap room. They have some big decisions to make RE other Dlinemen like Starks & E Mitchell. RE Suh: He plays with a lot of emotion. Without the occasional stepping on players & kicks he's just a dominating player. Suh is a rare talent that should be considered by the Fins. He's a Dlineman that requires double teams.He makes other players better. He'd improve both the pass defense & the run defense. The question is are the Fins better off with quantity of veteran additions at different positions or adding a top tier talent like him who is in his prime.
I think you should "go all in" for Sue. That will be all you need!!!!!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you should "go all in" for Sue. That will be all you need!!!!!

Suh could make AFC East QB's and other top QB's less comfortable. He also would improve the run defense which was a major weakness of the Fins. The Lions were the best team at stopping the run last year & he was a big part of that. My concern is that the Fins will still need to add quality starters at CB, ILB, Safety, and a versatile OT/OG to be a quality backup/potential starter. The Fins will also need to develop another impact WR to go along with Landry. Wallace doesn't want to restructure his contract therefore he's probably on his last year with the team (if he doesn't get released before training camp) The Fins also need a complimentary RB to go along with Miller & Williams. They will need to add a few veteran players to fill some of the needs. The Fins pick in the middle of each round which is good but only so many rookies are ready to step right in and play. Southiennc, I think Suh is the type of player that could help the Fins go from mediocrity to the playoffs. I think it was DT's not just Brady that helped improve the Pats in 2001. R. Seymour was absolutely dominant in his day. If Suh can control his aggression he'd bring a tough and winning mentality to the defense. In an ideal world Aponte, Tannnebaum, and Hickey would be able to add other FA's that the team also needs. It would be tough but not impossible. The Fins play where there is no income tax & warm weather year round. When the Fins start winning I think even more veterans will want to play for the Fins here in S Florida.

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Suh, the question you need to ask is do I want one horse or 3 ponies. Give me the one horse everyday. Get Suh.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Suh, the question you need to ask is do I want one horse or 3 ponies. Give me the one horse everyday. Get Suh.

I think that you're right. Wake is an elite DE but he's 33 now. It's time to add the talent to put the team over the top. It would be great to see a player like him get a chance to play in the playoffs while he's still playing at a high level. I think both the DE's & LB's would be more productive with Suh on the roster taking on two blockers. The CB's & Safeties would be better also because QB's would have less time to throw.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh could make AFC East QB's and other top QB's less comfortable. He also would improve the run defense which was a major weakness of the Fins. The Lions were the best team at stopping the run last year & he was a big part of that. My concern is that the Fins will still need to add quality starters at CB, ILB, Safety, and a versatile OT/OG to be a quality backup/potential starter. The Fins will also need to develop another impact WR to go along with Landry. Wallace doesn't want to restructure his contract therefore he's probably on his last year with the team (if he doesn't get released before training camp) The Fins also need a complimentary RB to go along with Miller & Williams. They will need to add a few veteran players to fill some of the needs. The Fins pick in the middle of each round which is good but only so many rookies are ready to step right in and play. Southiennc, I think Suh is the type of player that could help the Fins go from mediocrity to the playoffs. I think it was DT's not just Brady that helped improve the Pats in 2001. R. Seymour was absolutely dominant in his day. If Suh can control his aggression he'd bring a tough and winning mentality to the defense. In an ideal world Aponte, Tannnebaum, and Hickey would be able to add other FA's that the team also needs. It would be tough but not impossible. The Fins play where there is no income tax & warm weather year round. When the Fins start winning I think even more veterans will want to play for the Fins here in S Florida.
So - how do you feel now about paying Suh 26 million in 2016 and not having money to improve the team?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So - how do you feel now about paying Suh 26 million in 2016 and not having money to improve the team?

Having so much money tied up in a player isn't ideal however he is one of the top players in the league on defense. The Fins will need to draft well in the next few years and sign FA's to affordable contracts. On a different note Southieinnc: I think the Jets will beat the Pats on Sunday.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having so much money tied up in a player isn't ideal however he is one of the top players in the league on defense. The Fins will need to draft well in the next few years and sign FA's to affordable contracts. On a different note Southieinnc: I think the Jets will beat the Pats on Sunday.
Did the $160 million dollar man even make the pro bowl? Is that a snub or is he really not worth the money?????

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh played better as the season went along. Rashad Jones was much more of a Pro Bowl snub.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're in a horrible situation cap wise. Our two most important contracts being busts so far. Tannehill regressed this year, and Suh hasn't been anything close to what we saw from him at Detroit. I'm giving Tannehill next year to prove me wrong, but if I don't see any improvement, I'll be ready to fully move on from him. And Suh needs to be the leader he's supposed to be and produce as the best DT in the game, or I'll be ready for him to go too.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're in a horrible situation cap wise. Our two most important contracts being busts so far. Tannehill regressed this year, and Suh hasn't been anything close to what we saw from him at Detroit. I'm giving Tannehill next year to prove me wrong, but if I don't see any improvement, I'll be ready to fully move on from him. And Suh needs to be the leader he's supposed to be and produce as the best DT in the game, or I'll be ready for him to go too.
Voice of reason. Don't give up on Tannehill just yet. He needs better coaching and gameplans.
Now Suh is another story. You are paying best DT money for a better than average player. That is a lot of freakin' money for a better than average player.....

"The Miami Dolphins introduced their 50 greatest players at halftime Monday night,
and then the 2015 Dolphins showed why they're not so great"

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five lessons learned from the NFL's free-agency period last year

"It’s easy to look at Suh’s $114 million contract with the Dolphins as a mistake. Even if Suh renegotiates after one year, the salary cap hits over the remainder of the contract will be enormous. And in the first year, Suh didn’t make the Pro Bowl and the Dolphins' defense got worse. Miami slipped from 12th in yards allowed and 12th in yards allowed per play in 2014 to 25th and 22nd in those respective categories last season. That’s not all Suh’s fault, but when you invest a nine-figure deal in a defensive player you don’t expect the defense to get significantly"