• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does Durant end up ?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant going to GS would be 10x the bitch move that LeBron going to Miami was. Going to a team that went to two consecutive finals and won an NBA record 73 games in his prime to try and get a ring is nuts. Wonder if the criticism of him would reach those levels or if people would view it different some how?

Well... I agree but all depends how he does it.

Lebron comes off arrogant as F and his stupid speech and where he's going to go and that he accepted a giant dedicated ESPN show (yes I believe money went to charity, but still...) was pretty ridiculous. Was fine with King James, wore #23... etc. Yah it may come off as harmless to a lot of people, but comes off arrogant as F to others. I don't think Durant has ever publicly stated over and over that he was going to bring a championship to KC whereas Lebron did before he bailed to Miami. Yah he eventually got the job done (thanks Irving) but was an unknown at the time.

So when Lebron did what he did everyone was like, "REALLY DUDE!?" and the haters came out of the woodwork. Durant is a pretty quiet/humble guy and well liked by a lot of non-OKC fans. He never got all the ridiculous MJ comparisons, doesn't really have a 'KING DURANT' title, etc. And he doesn't get all emo and whine 24/7 on the court when things don't go his way (at least near as much as Lebron. Jesus if he misses a wide open shot he's looking for a foul lol).

So yah. If Durant went to GS I could see most people just going, "AWESOME, DURANT deserves a ring and only got held back because of ball hog Westbrook! Go DUBS!" Whereas when Lebron left it was like, "Boo hiss!!!"

RushNTakes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just ready if he doesn't stay in OKC he prefers Golden State..... OMG imagine Durant joining the Warriors! That would be a dynasty for real ...

That team would be insane. Just that starting four alone with Klay, Steph, Green, and Durant would become the new death line up. Especially since Durants defense is getting better. That would be fun to watch!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I agree but all depends how he does it.

Lebron comes off arrogant as F and his stupid speech and where he's going to go and that he accepted a giant dedicated ESPN show (yes I believe money went to charity, but still...) was pretty ridiculous. Was fine with King James, wore #23... etc. Yah it may come off as harmless to a lot of people, but comes off arrogant as F to others. I don't think Durant has ever publicly stated over and over that he was going to bring a championship to KC whereas Lebron did before he bailed to Miami. Yah he eventually got the job done (thanks Irving) but was an unknown at the time.

So when Lebron did what he did everyone was like, "REALLY DUDE!?" and the haters came out of the woodwork. Durant is a pretty quiet/humble guy and well liked by a lot of non-OKC fans. He never got all the ridiculous MJ comparisons, doesn't really have a 'KING DURANT' title, etc. And he doesn't get all emo and whine 24/7 on the court when things don't go his way (at least near as much as Lebron. Jesus if he misses a wide open shot he's looking for a foul lol).

So yah. If Durant went to GS I could see most people just going, "AWESOME, DURANT deserves a ring and only got held back because of ball hog Westbrook! Go DUBS!" Whereas when Lebron left it was like, "Boo hiss!!!"

KD is quiet but he would still being going to a championship team that went to two straight Finals, if that isn't as easy as it gets I don't know what is. Even with all the Lebron drama he didn't go to a team that was already in the Finals and contend without him, he was the main guy on the team and that team wouldn't have won championships without him. The Warriors are STILL a championship team without him.

I will like KD regardless and I think even if he does win ships he will be humble, but going to this team could hurt his image and legacy a bit IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD is quiet but he would still being going to a championship team that went to two straight Finals, if that isn't as easy as it gets I don't know what is. Even with all the Lebron drama he didn't go to a team that was already in the Finals and contend without him, he was the main guy on the team and that team wouldn't have won championships without him. The Warriors are STILL a championship team without him.

I will like KD regardless and I think even if he does win ships he will be humble, but going to this team could hurt his image and legacy a bit IMO.

Would not hurt his legacy more than a career with zero rings.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be in OKC next year.

He will mirror LeBron's tactics in negotiations with the opt-outs and 1 year deals w/options. Way more money in his pocket.

Next year Russ will move on after the season, then will be the moment of truth for KD.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True dat. If he leaves and wins multiple titles somewhere else, people won't be looking back 20 or 30 years from now saying that KD is a diminished great because he left OKC and won x titles with x team. They'll be saying that KD is one of the true greats and that he's a true winner who won a bunch of championships.

I think that people don't hate on sports figures from the past like they do sports figures of the present. If anything, we tend to get nostalgic and overstate how great players were from the past. I have no doubt that he'll be appreciated as one of the true greats no matter what he decides.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD will leave OKC. This year he interviews his next team. He then waits a year to validate which team has the best plan.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD will leave OKC. This year he interviews his next team. He then waits a year to validate which team has the best plan.

One exception to that.

If he wants to go to GS, the time is now.

If he goes this year, they will be able to keep all of their important core pieces too. Next year, I believe a few of those guys are due for raises and it will be harder to do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL at getting a BS rating for this quote.

I am not saying he has no chance to win in OKC. I am saying that if he won 2 or 3 rings in GS would definitely help his legacy. If he fails to ever win, he will be another Ewing, Malone, Barkley, etc.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One exception to that.

If he wants to go to GS, the time is now.

If he goes this year, they will be able to keep all of their important core pieces too. Next year, I believe a few of those guys are due for raises and it will be harder to do.

Yeah, definitely the time is now if he is going to make the move to GS because, like you said, the Warriors probably don't have the financial ability next year. Also, if the Warriors move on to Plan B and are able to build another championship team without KD, then the Warriors probably wouldn't join the Durant chase in 2017 even if they had the financial ability to do so.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at getting a BS rating for this quote.

I am not saying he has no chance to win in OKC. I am saying that if he won 2 or 3 rings in GS would definitely help his legacy. If he fails to ever win, he will be another Ewing, Malone, Barkley, etc.

I don't get it either. People place great importance on rings in basketball. Maybe it's because you are one of only five teammates on the court compared to greater numbers in football (where you also only play either offense or defense) and baseball (where you have to take turns to hit). You're right. If KD doesn't ever win a ring, he'll be remembered like Ewing, Karl Malone and Barkley. Great player, but wouldn't be known as a great winner.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 to 1 means it cost you $400 to win $100. Not great odds but better than 6-1.

LeBron was 30-1 to join the Heat right before the playoffs started in '10.