• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does Durant end up ?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance. Durant is not as big a star, he is not leaving his hometown, and he won't announce it on an hour long TV special.

If someone offered him millions of dollars to sit in a chair for 90 minutes, he might.

#iwould

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he might consider Boston. Very young team. He'd get a max contract, a young smart, likeable coach, he'd have some control over who the Celtics sign in free agency. Fans would be excited but not expecting him to deliver a championship immediately. Three more first round picks next year in what is expected to be a very good draft.

OKC will not be in the mix next year and staying there and chancing an injury for a little bit more money is foolish.
Golden State might be nice but he certainly wouldn't be the feature player with Curry scoring 38 a game.

Sometimes what appears to be obvious is not always the most desirable.
If the Celts can pull off a trade to get another nice piece he might consider it. Bulter would make Boston a lot more enticing for him I think.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Celts can pull off a trade to get another nice piece he might consider it. Bulter would make Boston a lot more enticing for him I think.

You're apparently a Bulls fans. Don't you think they traded Rose to keep Butler? I know the Celtics were trying everything to get him on Draft Day, the Bulls wanted way too much. From what was tossed around on the local talk shows, they wanted this year's #3, two of the Celtics' first round picks next year and both first rounders in 2018.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're apparently a Bulls fans. Don't you think they traded Rose to keep Butler? I know the Celtics were trying everything to get him on Draft Day, the Bulls wanted way too much. From what was tossed around on the local talk shows, they wanted this year's #3, two of the Celtics' first round picks next year and both first rounders in 2018.
Logic would dictate that the Rose trade was in fact a sign of the retool vs. rebuild, but I had heard rumors that they still wanted to do a Bulter trade. Having read some of Gar's newest statements last night, it's sounding more and more like Butler is in Chicago to stay.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. That is WAYYY too much. LOL Bulls.

Those picks from the Nets are almost untraceable unless the Celtics are getting a legit superstar. Butler is good, but he ain't that.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sauces. Kd will most likely join heat or warriors if he leaves okc

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also saw warriors are kicking the tires on demar Verizon. Interesting

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also saw warriors are kicking the tires on demar Verizon. Interesting

How would he fit? He is athletic as hell, and I think they could use another slasher, but DeRozan does not seem like the answer to me. Too expensive given his skill set.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would he fit? He is athletic as hell, and I think they could use another slasher, but DeRozan does not seem like the answer to me. Too expensive given his skill set.

My dumbass tablet Switched his name to "Verizon" lol but I think he would play the 3 with us. Also we have shooters already and I don't think it would be a huge spacing problem because hes deadly from midrange.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dumbass tablet Switched his name to "Verizon" lol but I think he would play the 3 with us. Also we have shooters already and I don't think it would be a huge spacing problem because hes deadly from midrange.

lol I thought you were giving him a new nickname or something

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can never have too many shooters though. When GS was at their best, it was when Barnes was shooting well too. DeRozan needs the ball in his hands and defenders could help off him a bit when he doesn't have it.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I like about derozan for our needs or already have is:

1) Brings Athletic ability
2) A slasher which we don't have
3) Can Guard 1 through 3 atleast
4) A 3rd scorer ( which wasn't reliable at all)
5) Draws a lot of fouls which we don't have either

1,2,4, and 5 are things we don't have. It would be a interesting add for sure

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can never have too many shooters though. When GS was at their best, it was when Barnes was shooting well too. DeRozan needs the ball in his hands and defenders could help off him a bit when he doesn't have it.

Actually you can't help off derozan like you can Barnes. Derozan is a legit scoring threat unlike barnes

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you can't help off derozan like you can Barnes. Derozan is a legit scoring threat unlike barnes

He is a threat, but from 18 feet and in. It would be like having a second, better Livingston.

Not saying he wouldn't be an upgrade over Barnes, but he certainly is not worth 20+ Million to the Dubs. No chance. Overpaying a guy like him could be a dynasty wrecker right there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logic would dictate that the Rose trade was in fact a sign of the retool vs. rebuild, but I had heard rumors that they still wanted to do a Bulter trade. Having read some of Gar's newest statements last night, it's sounding more and more like Butler is in Chicago to stay.
why not?

Butler is the most valuable asset in the game-

A star 2 way player signed up long term on a very fair contract. There are not 5 players in the East better than JB.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I like about derozan for our needs or already have is:

1) Brings Athletic ability
2) A slasher which we don't have
3) Can Guard 1 through 3 atleast
4) A 3rd scorer ( which wasn't reliable at all)
5) Draws a lot of fouls which we don't have either

1,2,4, and 5 are things we don't have. It would be a interesting add for sure
DeRozan does have the slashing ability that the Warriors kinda lack....good post...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celts have waaaaaaay to many players at this point- they need to execute a lopsided trade at some point---- they are prob gonna have to overpay too...it justn eeds to be done.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is a similar player to Iggy except a worse shooter. I agree they need another shooter, sounds weird bc they already shoot so well but with Klay and Curry getting most of the focus that is going to leave guys open unfortunately it has been leaving Iggy and Barnes open most of the time and which have worked but it didn't go so well for Barnes very late in the season, if they could get a shooter that is even just decent off the dribble that would be a huge pickup...cough cough KD except he would be a ridiculous pickup :laugh3:

But I still think Derozen would be a huge pickup bc he is another solid defender and a very good scorer

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a threat, but from 18 feet and in. It would be like having a second, better Livingston.

Not saying he wouldn't be an upgrade over Barnes, but he certainly is not worth 20+ Million to the Dubs. No chance. Overpaying a guy like him could be a dynasty wrecker right there.

I don't think they get Derozan but atleast they're looking into it. Would of helped a ton in the finals. Lacob is gonna do anything to win now

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs need another wing guy or SG that can defend AND score, even though it looks like Jefferson could be back. But I'm sure the main focus now will be a reliable big that can score and rebound.