• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Cavs go from here?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lakers will have a better record, but there is definitely no guarantee the Lakers win a playoff series thats for sure. If they get Kawhi- sure--- but if they dont and just roll with this team? yikes i dunno.

I am not so sure about this. Lets look at the cavs roster.

Sexton (who knows how good he will be)
Hill
Kover
Love
TT

Love last year averaged 17 and 10 shooting 40%+ from 3, and this was with limited touches...He is now the #1 guy...

Plus they play in the east. Lebron struggled without kyrie, but when love went out last year and they had no stars and just some shooters, they were terrible. In LA the best 3 pt shooter shoots 37% lol

It basically depends on if they trade love or not...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% agree actually.

Next year if they get Kawhi, when is what? 28 years old and still in his prime? thats an amazing signing. Kawhi can help carry lebron into his golden years. IF they get Kawhi though, with the other stuff they have going on, can they then afford a 3rd max? i suppose that will depend on kuzma, ingram, ball etc. and whether they are worth it or not- whether they want to re-up those guys or trade them for a third guy (or even trade them for Leonard soon).

Next year the Lakers should be a lot better---- but i dont think anyone is ready to guarantee Leonard is going there. So many people thoguht Love was going there. So many people, including me, thought Paul George was going there for sure.

Here's the thing.....they'll be a lot more appealing next summer than they were this summer.

Leonard and other FA's will have seen James play his first season in Los Angeles. And they'll have an idea of how good Ingram and Kuzma are.....if they aren't dealt a little later this summer.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard is basically doing what paul george did last year...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hill
Kover
Love
TT

Love last year averaged 17 and 10 shooting 40%+ from 3, and this was with limited touches...He is now the #1 guy...

Plus they play in the east. Lebron struggled without kyrie, but when love went out last year and they had no stars and just some shooters, they were terrible.

You do realize that is a horrendous team, right?

Go look at the 6-10 seeds from the East and tell me how you think this group stacks up. It isn't Pretty.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he does fit but do you realize that KCP spent half the year in jail last year and was allowed out to play games on work release?

he had a jail sentence because he kept missing his alchol and drug testing from a dui he got--- he was in contempt and thrown in jail.

Think of that collection of head cases -- KCP, McGee, Rondo, Stephenson--- the Lakers spent almost 30 million on psychopaths. lol.

like u said- at least they are only 1 year deals.

By the time they signed those guys.....they didn't have a whole lot to choose from.....

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do need to make this clear.

Overall, I love what the Lakers are trying to do long term. But damn some of the pieces they brought on this year. LOL.

yeah tried to justify it in my head a bit in my head as well...til the Rondo signing happened...

don't get me wrong. the guys he's bringing have championship experience and all, but not sure about the identity they're building...

ah well, still moves left to be made...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go look at the 6-10 seeds from the East and tell me how you think this group stacks up. It isn't Pretty.

Kevin Love won 40 games in the west with worse

If sexton is good, they will be good

And the east sucks, i like the odds

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard is basically doing what paul george did last year...
and we saw what happened to George.

The LAkers better hope that if they dont trade for George, that a team like the Sixers does not make a move.

If Leonard got to the Sixers, got integrated into that team and used to playing with Simmons and Embiid- and got to the Finals- which i think they would get to the Finals with him there- the question then becomes----- does Leonard leave a Finals team, does he leave his Bird Rights and more money, to go to LA and compete against hte Warriors in the West?

he very well might go to LA- but i think, like George, there is a chance he could be happy and stay. Right?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hill
Kover
Love
TT

Plus they play in the east. Lebron struggled without kyrie, but when love went out last year and they had no stars and just some shooters, they were terrible. In LA the best 3 pt shooter shoots 37% lol

LMAO.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we saw what happened to George.

The LAkers better hope that if they dont trade for George, that a team like the Sixers does not make a move.

If Leonard got to the Sixers, got integrated into that team and used to playing with Simmons and Embiid- and got to the Finals- which i think they would get to the Finals with him there- the question then becomes----- does Leonard leave a Finals team, does he leave his Bird Rights and more money, to go to LA and compete against hte Warriors in the West?

he very well might go to LA- but i think, like George, there is a chance he could be happy and stay. Right?

Unless lebron goes into god beast mode they may not even make the playoffs, plus he's now 34

Lebron thrives around good spot up shooters, and the lakers have none

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love won 40 games in the west with worse

If sexton is good, they will be good

And the east sucks, i like the odds

No, he didn't.

Besides, that was a young Kevin Love and back when the West wasn't nearly as dominant as they are now.

Love is the only player on the roster who is an above average NBA starter. And that is all he is. The rest are either bench players or low end starters.

You are terribly overrating your Cav players. I guess some things never change.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he didn't.

Besides, that was a young Kevin Love and back when the West wasn't nearly as dominant as they are now.

Love is the only player on the roster who is an above average NBA starter. And that is all he is. The rest are either bench players or low end starters.

You are terribly overrating your Cav players. I guess some things never change.

Yes he did

2013-14 Minnesota Timberwolves Roster and Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

And 2013-14 the west was very dominate

You thought Kyrie was a scrub, what do you know?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its certainly not good....but rank the teams in the East

1. Boston
2. Philly (unless they get Leonard)
3. Toronto
4. Milwaukee
5. Indiana
6. Wizards
7. Heat
8. Pistons
9. Hornets
10. Knicks or Bulls?

If Indiana signs Tyreke Evans i think they are a solid 5 and those top 5 teams in the East are fairly indisputable.

After that, i mean.....its not like any of those teams are that good- the Wiz, Heat, Pistons, hornets, Knicks or Bulls....

out of all those teams- id rank Wall as the best player on them, but after that is Kevin Love #2? Maybe Beale? Maybe Griffin? Def. Porzingis but hes broke this season

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless lebron goes into god beast mode they may not even make the playoffs, plus he's now 34

Lebron thrives around good spot up shooters, and the lakers have none

None? They should have added a marksman off the bench but they have more than NONE.

Ingram made 39% o his 3's.

Kuzma made 37%.

KCP made 38%.

Hart made 40%.

Rondo made 42% in the playoffs so he's certainly capable.

And James made 37%.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None? They needed to add some but they have more than NONE.

Ingram made 39% o his 3's.

Kuzma made 37%.

KCP made 38%.

Hart made 40%.

Rondo made 42% in the playoffs so he's certainly capable.

And James made 37%.

LMAO