• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Cavs go from here?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs may have a better record than the lakers next season....

After watching enough lebron he doesn't play well with players who can't shoot...

The Lakers roster is a bit of a mess.

But there is a 0% chance Cleveland has a better record.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny enough- i didnt know how i would feel about it until LeBron was officially a laker, i almost felt like id root for him against Golden State--- but fuck that.

I hope Golden State destroys the Lakers. lol. shit man i will actually root for Golden State this year a few games in all likelihood.

Serious question.
If you are and have been a fan of James, why root against him now that he's moved on?
That sounds pretty bitter to me.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question.
If you are and have been a fan of James, why root against him now that he's moved on?
because he doesnt play for the Cavs anymore. Sure you can call it bitter if you want. I hope he never even gets to another Finals, let alone wins another title.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs may have a better record than the lakers next season....

After watching enough lebron he doesn't play well with players who can't shoot...
the Lakers will have a better record, but there is definitely no guarantee the Lakers win a playoff series thats for sure. If they get Kawhi- sure--- but if they dont and just roll with this team? yikes i dunno.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question.
Why should a fan show loyalty to a player?
I have no issue if Cavs fans want to root for or against him in Los Angeles.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lakers will have a better record, but there is definitely no guarantee the Lakers win a playoff series thats for sure.

Yep. LeBron took 7 games to get past the 5th seed in the East (Pacers), now he'll have to play a tougher matchup. I think the Lakers end up the 4-5 seed in the West at best.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lakers will have a better record, but there is definitely no guarantee the Lakers win a playoff series thats for sure. If they get Kawhi- sure--- but if they dont and just roll with this team? yikes i dunno.

Yeah.

I take back much of what I said yesterday. I get the long term vision (I think) of adding Kawhi to the young core next summer. I don't get the Rondo move. My assumption they would keep Randle was off base.

Not enough shooting and too many ball dominant players on this roster. They should have given Cousins a 1 year prove it deal instead of some of the rif Raf they brought in.

Hopefully for the Lakers, Magic and Pelinka learn from their mistakes and build a completely different support group next year. I love the core, especially if you add Kawhi.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

I take back much of what I said yesterday. I get the long term vision (I think) of adding Kawhi to the young core next summer. I don't get the Rondo move. My assumption they would keep Randle was off base.

Not enough shooting and too many ball dominant players on this roster. They should have given Cousins a 1 year prove it deal instead of some of the rif Raf they brought in.

Hopefully for the Lakers, Magic and Pelinka learn from their mistakes and build a completely different support group next year. I love the core, especially if you add Kawhi.
they EASILY could have done a sign and trade of Randle for Cousins and paid Cousins a solid on year deal and got him integrated into their system, etc...see how he was, get first hand information on him, get him ready for the playoffs- and if they liked what they say sign him long term next year, and if not let him go.

Instead KCP for 12M? Rondo for 9? Thats 21M you could have given to someone....

shit Love and Korver are on expiring deals. If they want 1 year guys why not trade for them? lol.....im only half serious i guess but geez.

I honestly HATE how the Lakers have handled the offseason outside of LeBron....people will of course call me biased etc....but im 100% serious. They filled the roster with head cases and a guys that cant shoot.

The plan in Cleveland was for LeBron to playoff the ball and Kyrie to run the offense at times but LeBron would get frustrated and impatient and just take the ball and run the offense. I cant imagine what his frustration level is going to be at times.

But the thing is - we have to remember the offseason is not over- they could sitll make some minor deals involving guys like Zubac, Hart, maybe even Kuzma etc... to bring in some shooters and guys that will match up a little better with Bron.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

Randle for 2 years 18 million was a great deal.

I am mad the Cavs could not have somehow got in on that...or any team really that had the full mid level i think should have been in on that.

Randle for 2 years 18M is a freaking steal. I HATE 1 year 12M for KCP in this cap environment.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle for 2 years 18 million was a great deal.

I am mad the Cavs could not have somehow got in on that...or any team really that had the full mid level i think should have been in on that.

Randle for 2 years 18M is a freaking steal. I HATE 1 year 12M for KCP in this cap environment.

It is 1 year though. It is hard for a 1 year deal to really hurt you. And KCP is the one player they added who actually does fit. He is not a great shooter, but a competent one and he defends well.

Still though, I will be surprised if he is back again after this year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is 1 year though. It is hard for a 1 year deal to really hurt you. And KCP is the one player they added who actually does fit. He is not a great shooter, but a competent one and he defends well.

Still though, I will be surprised if he is back again after this year.
i think he does fit but do you realize that KCP spent half the year in jail last year and was allowed out to play games on work release?

he had a jail sentence because he kept missing his alchol and drug testing from a dui he got--- he was in contempt and thrown in jail.

Think of that collection of head cases -- KCP, McGee, Rondo, Stephenson--- the Lakers spent almost 30 million on psychopaths. lol.

like u said- at least they are only 1 year deals.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he does fit but do you realize that KCP spent half the year in jail last year and was allowed out to play games on work release?

he had a jail sentence because he kept missing his alchol and drug testing from a dui he got--- he was in contempt and thrown in jail.

Think of that collection of head cases -- KCP, McGee, Rondo, Stephenson--- the Lakers spent almost 30 million on psychopaths. lol.

like u said- at least they are only 1 year deals.

I know. I don't get it either.

If you are going to spend 30 million on headcases and psychopaths, 1 of them had better be Boogie Cousins.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because he doesnt play for the Cavs anymore. Sure you can call it bitter if you want. I hope he never even gets to another Finals, let alone wins another title.

So you rip Heat fans for feeling the same way?
Difference, at least with me , was I never cared for him before he came.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should a fan show loyalty to a player?
I have no issue if Cavs fans want to root for or against him in Los Angeles.

I agree.
Its just that he was extreme the other way with Heat fans here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do need to make this clear.

Overall, I love what the Lakers are trying to do long term. But damn some of the pieces they brought on this year. LOL.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic certainly made a slash.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you rip Heat fans for feeling the same way?
Difference, at least with me , was I never cared for him before he came.
personality wise? LeBron is a dick. I ahve said that before. He hamstrung the Cavs with those 1 year deals.

As a pure player- just WATCHING a guy- i think i had more fun wawtching Kyrie since he is just so fun to watch

when you have LeBron James you make a deal with the devil to a certain extent--- he will get all the credit and none of the blame, he will make you bend over backwards to accomodate him--- he will even say stupid shit like "I really like and wnat to play with Shabazz Napier"-- and then wait till 7 days into free agency until your team is screwed over and THEN leave.....he will do a lot of things that fuck you up

in the end - its worth it- hes the best player since MJ--- maybe one day he will even be considered better. Its a helluva lot of fun and a great ride. But make no mistake, in a lot of respects, its a deal with the devil.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do need to make this clear.

Overall, I love what the Lakers are trying to do long term. But damn some of the pieces they brought on this year. LOL.
I 100% agree actually.

Next year if they get Kawhi, when is what? 28 years old and still in his prime? thats an amazing signing. Kawhi can help carry lebron into his golden years. IF they get Kawhi though, with the other stuff they have going on, can they then afford a 3rd max? i suppose that will depend on kuzma, ingram, ball etc. and whether they are worth it or not- whether they want to re-up those guys or trade them for a third guy (or even trade them for Leonard soon).

Next year the Lakers should be a lot better---- but i dont think anyone is ready to guarantee Leonard is going there. So many people thoguht Love was going there. So many people, including me, thought Paul George was going there for sure.