• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Cavs go from here?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for the Cavs their process is going to take a bit longer because they're capped out for the next 3 years. What they should do is flip Love and any other asset they have to acquire more picks.
funny enough- i didnt know how i would feel about it until LeBron was officially a laker, i almost felt like id root for him against Golden State--- but fuck that.

I hope Golden State destroys the Lakers. lol. shit man i will actually root for Golden State this year a few games in all likelihood.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
capped out for the next 3 years? uhhh what?

after this season Hill and Jr Smith are gone.

All that will be on the books will be Cedi's very small K, Korver at 7M (which will probably be traded), Clarkson at 1 year 13M and Thompson at 1 year 18M.

They will probably have cap room next offseason if Love is dealt.

not only that, but how often do teams coming off a Finals appearance start their rebuild off with a player like Sexton? not often.

I misspoke, it's actually 2 years.

George Hill and JR Smith are signed through 2020. Learn about your own team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I misspoke, it's actually 2 years.

George Hill and JR Smith are signed through 2020. Learn about your own team.
would you like to re-examine that statement for correctness? Ill give you the chance

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you like to re-examine that statement for correctness? Ill give you the chance

Fucking hoopshype and basketball reference....they don't mention the partial guarantees. I stand corrected. Had to go to spotrac to find it out. Shouldn't be this difficult to look up, lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking hoopshype and basketball reference....they don't mention the partial guarantees. I stand corrected. Had to go to spotrac to find it out. Shouldn't be this difficult to look up, lol.
between the two of them they have less than 5M in guarantees for '19-'20. I think Hill is 1M guaranteed and Smith is 3.8M guaranteed.

Both might be interesting trade chips during the deadline as the Cavs could take back some teams problem contracts, let that team open up cap space, and the Cavs could get some picks and or assets- especially in the current state of the league where there is so little cap space floating around.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Lebron play at that high level for a few years? This past season it was amazing watching him play at that level but he has so much mileage on him.

As long as he doesn't suffer a major injury, he probably has 2-3 more years at his current level. After that, maybe another 2-3 where he's still really good, but not at the level we're used to.

From what's been said, he's literally spent 7 figures on things to keep his body in top shape.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he doesn't suffer a major injury, he probably has 2-3 more years at his current level. After that, maybe another 2-3 where he's still really good, but not at the level we're used to.

From what's been said, he's literally spent 7 figures on things to keep his body in top shape.
I think its hard to say during his age 36 season he will still be the best player in the league.

not impossible since LeBron is a freak- but it would go against a LOT of history. Its surprising he was still the best player in the league THIS year at the age of 33.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs need to trade Love for a 1st round and maybe some expiring salaries. Hope they get lucky and it’s a top 10 pick. Then they would have 2 lottery picks if they finished in the bottom 10. Next year getting two rookies would be a huge key to a rebuild with Sexton

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs need to trade Love for a 1st round and maybe some expiring salaries. Hope they get lucky and it’s a top 10 pick. Then they would have 2 lottery picks if they finished in the bottom 10. Next year getting two rookies would be a huge key to a rebuild with Sexton
we shall see what happens.

I hope they make some deals too- but they may want to try and play a few games first and see how things shake out before making any major deals. There is really no hurry to do anything.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since the cavs are so interested in helping the Lakers make moves to please Lebron, maybe they can take Deng in exchange for Love.

Then package Love along with Ingram to the Spurs for Kawhi.

Everyone wins.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what they have in Boston ahd Philly, the Cavs likely wouldn't even get back to the finals again.

Exactly, and why it made no sense for lebron to re-sign with the cavs.

Their future included, lebron getting older locked into a large contract with no possibility to win and maybe even losing to his old teammate? (kyrie) or Philly...That is why i said he may have done cavs fans a favor, if they get a good re build.

The lakers actually helped them out, because before they made that trade, they would have had no young players, a bunch of old vets, and they were smart to keep that lottery pick now in retrospect instead of trading it for DJ. Everybody benefited imo

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40?

Thats next 2 years.

Kevin Love as the main star won 40 games in Minn in the west

The east is pretty terrible. I would put them more around 30-35 unless they trade him

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its hard to say during his age 36 season he will still be the best player in the league.

not impossible since LeBron is a freak- but it would go against a LOT of history. Its surprising he was still the best player in the league THIS year at the age of 33.

True, but he's already going against a lot of history being this good at 33. With the advancements in medicine and training, I think Lebron may be showing that players can play at a very high level for longer than ever if they take advantage of those advancements.

Kobe was 34 and playing at a pretty high level when he tore his Achilles and Lebron seems to be even more fanatical about taking care of his body than Kobe was.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs may have a better record than the lakers next season....

After watching enough lebron he doesn't play well with players who can't shoot...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy no one thought they could win a ring. Sometimes you need to know when to fold them, not just hold them.

They were never going to win last year, but you can't simply fold when you have LeBron.