• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Cavs go from here?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they were able to deal Deng as part of the Love deal, that would give them only about $23 million in available cap space for 2019.

It really doesn't much sense for the Lakers.

If the Thunder can break records going over the cap pretty sure the Lakers can too.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair chance at a title this past offseason with George and LeBron teamed up

Only if they kept Kyrie.

George/Lebron isn't necessarily even better than Love/Lebron.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How fucking awesome would it be if the Cavs made the playoffs without Lebron.
Love or hate Lebron, there is no denying the fact that playing with Lebron is the most thankless job is the universe.

ESPN and the like just hammered away at Lebron's teammates regardless if they won or lost.
If they lost it was their fault and if they won it was in spite of them.

It really would be some sweet justice.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love or hate Lebron, there is no denying the fact that playing with Lebron is the most thankless job is the universe.

ESPN and the like just hammered away at Lebron's teammates regardless if they won or lost.

The Cavs aren't making the playoffs. 40 wins would be a win for that squad.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are still some very good teams in the East, it would be difficult to make it unless Sextn has an excellent rookie year. They also lose their 2019 draft pick, which I’m sure of they made the playoffs while seeing Sexton have a great year it would be all worth it losing that pick

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's let these guys play before making assumptions on what they will be.

Sexton probably has a higher ceiling, but so matter of factly writing off Carter JR. Before he has played a real game is extremely presumptuous. Because you never know. Colin Sexton might be the next Emanuel Mudiay, and Carter JR could be Al Horford.
hey, its just my opinion but i think Carter Jr. and Bagley were over drafted.

I think Jackson is going to be an absolute stud and should have gone no later than 3

I think SExton is the best PG in this draft unless you call Doncic a PG

I think Carter Jr., is probably the 5th best big man in this draft behind Ayton, Bagley, Jackson, Bamba

I think Mikal Bridges and Knox were GREAT picks at 9 and 10--- the type of guys that usually go in the top 5 in normal drafts.

Miles Bridges was an amazing late lotto pick.

Its just my opinion- but i wouldnt have taken BAgley before #6 and i would not have taken Carter Jr. before #12

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to keep Nance and Colin and see what you can build with them, while letting everyone else walk. It will be interesting to see how they do. I really don't expect much from this team, and they will never to attract elite players without drafting them or grossly overpaying them.
I think the guys that you try and hold onto are Sexton, Nance Jr., Osman and Hood.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are beginning to see that with quite a few guys like Kyrie, George, Butler etc.

if you remember, last offseason there were Jimmy Butler rumors until Kyrie basically told Butler he shouldnt come here because he didnt like playing iwth LeBron.

It seems like LeBron could have committed to play with George in Cleveland and didnt and then George did not go to LA when he had an easy opportunity to do so.

now of ocurse there are the conflicting rumors about Kawhi- some insist he WANTS to play with LeBron, some insist he would rather not play with LEBron.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Thompson sees LBJ’s exit as his ‘chance to become a superstar’

giphy.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like LeBron could have committed to play with George in Cleveland and didnt and then George did not go to LA when he had an easy opportunity to do so.

I'm not sure one necessarily has anything to do with the other.

Lebron wouldn't commit to the Cavs, but that shouldn't have stopped the Cavs from completing the deal.

Best case, the Cavs win a title or at least push the Warriors hard in the finals and both Lebron and PG stay.

Next best case, Lebron still leaves, but the Cavs have a nice player in PG to add to or use in a trade.

Worst case, they get a year of Lebron and PG, both guys leave and Gilbert can tell fans "I did everything I could" and they go into the rebuild that was coming anyway.

As for the Lakers, there were reports literally from the day he arrived that PG was amazed at how he was received by both the organization and the fans. He said all along that they were making the decision very difficult. Everyone just dismissed it as him trying to "say the right things".

He and Westbrook apparently developed a pretty tight friendship too.

Then he committed to them before anyone knew Lebron was coming to the Lakers.

To be fair, the thought was that in order to get Lebron, the Lakers were going to have to either sign PG or CP3, or complete a trade for Kawhi. So that may have factored into PG's thinking.

But from everything I've read and heard, this was about OKC and Westbrook doing a great job of making him feel comfortable and wanting to stay rather than about not wanting to play with Lebron.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure one necessarily has anything to do with the other.

Lebron wouldn't commit to the Cavs, but that shouldn't have stopped the Cavs from completing the deal.

Best case, the Cavs win a title or at least push the Warriors hard in the finals and both Lebron and PG stay.

Next best case, Lebron still leaves, but the Cavs have a nice player in PG to add to or use in a trade.

Worst case, they get a year of Lebron and PG, both guys leave and Gilbert can tell fans "I did everything I could" and they go into the rebuild that was coming anyway.

As for the Lakers, there were reports literally from the day he arrived that PG was amazed at how he was received by both the organization and the fans. He said all along that they were making the decision very difficult. Everyone just dismissed it as him trying to "say the right things".

He and Westbrook apparently developed a pretty tight friendship too.

Then he committed to them before anyone knew Lebron was coming to the Lakers.

To be fair, the thought was that in order to get Lebron, the Lakers were going to have to either sign PG or CP3, or complete a trade for Kawhi. So that may have factored into PG's thinking.

But from everything I've read and heard, this was about OKC and Westbrook doing a great job of making him feel comfortable and wanting to stay rather than about not wanting to play with Lebron.
oh i totally agree OKC and the Thunder management team and Westbrook did a great job, but the facts are the facts

1. when George was traded to OKC practically everyone thought it was only a matter of time until he got to LA- mostly because thats what George said!

2. George is from LA

3. He could have played with LeBron in LA.

instead he decided to stay in OKC with Westbrook- and surprisngly he signed a long term deal instead of the 1 and 1 many people expected him to sign.

I have to say I did not see those series of events occuring. If someone would have told me that LeBron would go to LA, and there would be cap space for George and he would decide to spurn his hometown team and joining with LEBron to stay in OKC I would have thought they were crazy.