• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Cavs go from here?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, its just my opinion but i think Carter Jr. and Bagley were over drafted.

I think Jackson is going to be an absolute stud and should have gone no later than 3

I think SExton is the best PG in this draft unless you call Doncic a PG

I think Carter Jr., is probably the 5th best big man in this draft behind Ayton, Bagley, Jackson, Bamba

I think Mikal Bridges and Knox were GREAT picks at 9 and 10--- the type of guys that usually go in the top 5 in normal drafts.

Miles Bridges was an amazing late lotto pick.

Its just my opinion- but i wouldnt have taken BAgley before #6 and i would not have taken Carter Jr. before #12

I agree 100% on Bagley.

I actually think Carter JR is comparable as a prospect. Not nearly the ceiling, but a high floor Type of guy. And I don't think Bagley is that good. He has all the tools, but lacks substance. Hell, Duke seemed to play better without him last season.

I agree that I would have taken Bagley around 5-6, but I would have also taken Carter right after. I think 7-9 was right for him. Deciding between him and Sexton is all about need, IMO.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was I really don't care since we landed James.

And acting like KCP can't play is just stupid. He plays some really good defense and 12 million isn't that crazy. It's a little above the MLE.

I agree. Plus, you have to spend a certain amount of money anyway. may as well give to someone that's going to make the star player you're trying to acquire/have acquired happy.

The fact that he actually played fairly well and was reportedly good with the young players doesn't hurt either.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets interested in Melo....

LOL.

#RIPHoustonschances

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Thompson sees LBJ’s exit as his ‘chance to become a superstar’

giphy.gif

That is beyond outstanding.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Plus, you have to spend a certain amount of money anyway. may as well give to someone that's going to make the star player you're trying to acquire/have acquired happy.

The fact that he actually played fairly well and was reportedly good with the young players doesn't hurt either.

Yeah, it's not like we gave him another 1 year deal worth 18 million....like we did last season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. When I posted that, I thought Love would be an FA next year. That's the only way it would make sense because they would rid themselves of the Deng contract and could let Love walk after the season.

But @flyerhawk pointed out that Love is under contract until 2020. So yeah, may as well just continue to be patient on Deng's deal. They should be able to move him to a team looking to rent cap space.

As you said, even if they still have to stretch him, the cap hit becomes fairly insignificant.

Even if Love were an FA, I would not be willing to give a single asset to acquire him if I were Magic. Just doesn't move the needle enough.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they wouldve made deals that owuld have made them the favorite again in the East but it would not have been a sure thing.

I think that LeBron's worst nightmare was to lose to Kyrie in a playoff series. That would have been seriously humiliating for him- and it was a possibility if he came back....now he can lose to the Rockets or Warriors or Thunder or Twolves and its a lot less humiliating.
Time to blow that team up and start from scratch.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to blow that team up and start from scratch.
not TOTALLY from scratch, but mostly

i like Sexton, Osman and Nance. Hood and Clarkson should be given a look as should Zizic

other than that- yah- get rid of anything not naiile down

Amico was on the air saying tha he thinks the CAvs should be able to get a ate fiirst or couple seconds for Korver an that love is 50/50 to be traded this summer

Hill and Smith are, for all intents nad purposes on the last year of their deals.

REally only Thompson is the one big contract for more than 1 year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Cavs this is what I would do:

1. Trade Korver

2. Trade Love

3. Do something with Jr and Hill's "expiring deals"- whether its taking back bad money from other teams or for assets or whatever. You MIGHT have to wait until the end of the year to do it since thats when they would ahve the most worth. Any team trying to get under the cap could trade a contract and then just cut Hill or Smith---- that has some real value in the league right now with how cap space is. Imagine if a team could have done that this year.

4. I would not say "tank"--- but yah- pretty much tank. Just play the young guys and try and develop them, and in a deeper East, and in the WEst were their are practically no teams tanking, you should be able to get a top 5 pick fairly easily

The CAvs are sooooo much better off than last time LeBron left. They have their title, their 4 appearances- and some actual talent.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Cavs this is what I would do:

1. Trade Korver

2. Trade Love

3. Do something with Jr and Hill's "expiring deals"- whether its taking back bad money from other teams or for assets or whatever. You MIGHT have to wait until the end of the year to do it since thats when they would ahve the most worth. Any team trying to get under the cap could trade a contract and then just cut Hill or Smith---- that has some real value in the league right now with how cap space is. Imagine if a team could have done that this year.

4. I would not say "tank"--- but yah- pretty much tank. Just play the young guys and try and develop them, and in a deeper East, and in the WEst were their are practically no teams tanking, you should be able to get a top 5 pick fairly easily

The CAvs are sooooo much better off than last time LeBron left. They have their title, their 4 appearances- and some actual talent.

upload_2018-7-6_13-28-3.png

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i read that Miami and LA were the 2 places Melo wanted to go

i would be THRILLEd with either. lol

You'd be kissing his taint and calling him one of the best players of all time if he decided to come to Cleveland.

Not that he would because nobody wants anything to do with that shithole any more.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max thinks Love should go to Philly....

Stephen A says Portland.....