• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When you have 3 all-stars on 1 team

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just called me a piece of shit of a human being. There's that tin-foil hat thinking. And I'm not even going to go into politics with you. Fucking pussy.

Well gee, it ain't going out on too much of a limb with your repeated use of the words "kunt" "twat" and "pussy"...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just called me a piece of shit of a human being. There's that tin-foil hat thinking. And I'm not even going to go into politics with you. Fucking pussy.

this crap's funny. he mentions this site is "infested" with Heat and Lakers fans like they're/we're some kind of disease...

amazing...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so hung up on who plays during the regular season? Is there any chance the Warriors don't make the playoffs, even as worst case an 8th seed?

82 games is a lot of games to worry about, buddy. Yes, they will make the Playoffs regardless, but as you mentioned once already in this thread, keeping KD and others fresh for the Playoffs is going to be key...It's going to be tough to do with the lack of regular season depth.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
82 games is a lot of games to worry about, buddy. Yes, they will make the Playoffs regardless, but as you mentioned once already in this thread, keeping KD and others fresh for the Playoffs is going to be key...It's going to be tough to do with the lack of regular season depth.

It won't only because again the Warriors don't care about wins. Lets say it's a 12 point game somewhere in January on the road to start the 4th quarter. Do you think Kerr goes to his death lineup out of the gate to try and win the game? I find it highly unlikely that he will. Why? Because, overall the game doesn't matter. What matters is not subjecting KD to strain that's not needed. The 9th and 10th guys will get their run because ultimately it doesn't matter.

Pose it to you this way, if Kerr was given the chance to do the following:

Warriors win 57 games, 4th seed, but would be completely healthy for the playoffs.

Do you think he takes this?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't only because again the Warriors don't care about wins. Lets say it's a 12 point game somewhere in January on the road to start the 4th quarter. Do you think Kerr goes to his death lineup out of the gate to try and win the game? I find it highly unlikely that he will. Why? Because, overall the game doesn't matter. What matters is not subjecting KD to strain that's not needed. The 9th and 10th guys will get their run because ultimately it doesn't matter.

Warriors win 57 games, 4th seed, but would be completely healthy for the playoffs.

He might take it, you you know the media would be up his ass for it since this is widely considered to be a "two-team" league at the moment"...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i agree with this to a certain extent- however- there will be pressure to win coming from the incredible amount of scrutiny the team will be under.

I do agree the approach will be different this year- but the scrutiny is going to be ratcheted up a few levels. It will be interesting to see how Kerr and the players deal with that and the environment around the team if they lose quite a few more games then last year and the media starts getting on their ass about it saying the team was better off as a deeper team that had played together for a long time....not saying i think thats the case- but i can without a doubt see the media trolling that argument if say the Warriors only win 58 games or something - even if they are better situated going into the playoffs because of rest etc.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Kerr WOULD take it and would probably be smart to-- but if the Warriors are the 4 seed and only win games in the mid fifties- Kevin Durant will be a crying mess and catatonic in the corner sucking his thumb and mumbling to himself with what the media would do to him over the course of the season. The media will be on his ass in a way that would make LeBrons first year in Miami seem like a pleasure cruise.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with this to a certain extent- however- there will be pressure to win coming from the incredible amount of scrutiny the team will be under.

I do agree the approach will be different this year- but the scrutiny is going to be ratcheted up a few levels. It will be interesting to see how Kerr and the players deal with that and the environment around the team if they lose quite a few more games then last year and the media starts getting on their ass about it saying the team was better off as a deeper team that had played together for a long time....not saying i think thats the case- but i can without a doubt see the media trolling that argument if say the Warriors only win 58 games or something - even if they are better situated going into the playoffs because of rest etc.

Media will always be an issue. It comes with having a team with high expectations. I think you'll see an approach much more similar to the Cavs of last year. There's no way to live up to the regular season of last year, so you're going to hear the Warriors catching lots of heat early and often. It comes with the territory. The biggest challenge will be the Warriors to not be their own worst enemy. Same can be said of the Cavs, but at least they have had two solid years of having to deal with this type of scrutiny to fall back on. The Cavs were always griped about being an under-achieving team, while the Warriors were seen as over-achievers. It'll be quite a reversal for both teams this upcoming season.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kerr WOULD take it and would probably be smart to-- but if the Warriors are the 4 seed and only win games in the mid fifties- Kevin Durant will be a crying mess and catatonic in the corner sucking his thumb and mumbling to himself with what the media would do to him over the course of the season. The media will be on his ass in a way that would make LeBrons first year in Miami seem like a pleasure cruise.

Honestly it'll come down to the players trusting the process. You won't have any issues with Curry, Thompson or Draymond, because they have faith in themselves and the organization including coaching staff. What will really need to be build up is trust between Durant and Kerr. If those two are able to get on the same page, I don't think any expectations of wins during the regular season will matter to the big picture.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media will always be an issue. It comes with having a team with high expectations. I think you'll see an approach much more similar to the Cavs of last year. There's no way to live up to the regular season of last year, so you're going to hear the Warriors catching lots of heat early and often. It comes with the territory. The biggest challenge will be the Warriors to not be their own worst enemy. Same can be said of the Cavs, but at least they have had two solid years of having to deal with this type of scrutiny to fall back on. The Cavs were always griped about being an under-achieving team, while the Warriors were seen as over-achievers. It'll be quite a reversal for both teams this upcoming season.
i have never seen a team that was practically a wire to wire conference winner receive more scrutiny from the media than the Cavs-

now some of it was justified- between the firing of Blatt, LeBron's social media gaffes, Kyrie's recovery, Love's struggles under the Blatt system etc.- i understood the feigned outrage at times- even if you were actually around the team it was very different.

Durant is going to be under more scrutiny this year than ever before. I cant wait to see how he holds up.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might take it, you you know the media would be up his ass for it since this is widely considered to be a "two-team" league at the moment"...

The media is going to kill the Warriors from the opening tip of the season. It doesn't matter what their record is. The Warriors of last year won 73 regular season games, and it's clear they won't come close to that this year. Everyone and their moms is going to keep harping back to depth, but the issue is not the depth, but self-preservation. If the Warriors win 60 games and stay healthy, that would be an excellent regular season for them in their minds. For the media, they'll say the Warriors are terrible. It's just the way it goes.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have never seen a team that was practically a wire to wire conference winner receive more scrutiny from the media than the Cavs-

now some of it was justified- between the firing of Blatt, LeBron's social media gaffes, Kyrie's recovery, Love's struggles under the Blatt system etc.- i understood the feigned outrage at times- even if you were actually around the team it was very different.

Durant is going to be under more scrutiny this year than ever before. I cant wait to see how he holds up.

Yeah, the Cavs brought a lot of it on themselves, but some of it was unfair too. Durant is going to be the key to this season, I agree.