• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When you have 3 all-stars on 1 team

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what? Worked fine with Bogut. Iggy and Livingston and even West need minutes.

They also had Ezeli and Speights who took minutes at center...Again, not saying the experiment is going to fail, but Durant is going to have to play more PF than he's used to...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS could also experiment with Kevin Looney or Damion Jones in the frontcourt during the regular season. Bob Myers is proving himself to be an elite executive and I wouldn't put anything past him.

But do you want these guys facing the likes of the Spurs or Clippers in big minutes?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS could also experiment with Kevin Looney or Damion Jones in the frontcourt during the regular season. Bob Myers is proving himself to be an elite executive and I wouldn't put anything past him.

But do you want these guys facing the likes of the Spurs or Clippers in big minutes?

Of course, there's always a little something that's not great, but it's overwhelmed by the positives. And these guys know what they are doing as you just pointed out re Myers. If we see it, they see it x10

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see quite a talent disparity between he and the rest of the starters. I just don't know how long Kerr will keep him out there. 8 minutes a quarter??? I guarantee he's not going to average 32 minutes a game...

Try again. I say he'll average 20 minutes at most.

Shoot... I meant 8ish to start each half. Sorry. Yeah, no way he gets 30+

Kind of where you see those meh centers do, where they start the halves, and are starters in name, but unless things are really going for them the team plays small ball and uses the backup the rest of the time. Where if they get teams with a Marc Gasol or Dwight he may get 25-30 but if they play a small ball team he's down in that 15 min range.

Like Noah Vonleh, Asik, Amir Johnson, Mbah A Boute (can't spell) last year, or I keep thinking of my Nuggets with Koufos and Mozgov or Nazr Mohammad with the Spurs. That guy who starts but doesn't really get starter minutes unless he's really on that game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see quite a talent disparity between he and the rest of the starters. I just don't know how long Kerr will keep him out there. 8 minutes a quarter??? I guarantee he's not going to average 32 minutes a game...

Try again. I say he'll average 20 minutes at most.

LOL.

The other 4 are all league players. Of course there is a disparity. Some of the stuff you say is absolutely hilarious.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

The other 4 are all league players. Of course there is a disparity. Some of the stuff you say is absolutely hilarious.

No he's right. I accidently put up 8 minutes a quarter plus when talking about him, meant 8 minutes to start each half.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he's right. I accidently put up 8 minutes a quarter plus when talking about him, meant 8 minutes to start each half.

I think he's talking about the disparity comment. Of course there is disparity between Pachulia and the 4 All-Stars that he plays with.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's talking about the disparity comment. Of course there is disparity between Pachulia and the 4 All-Stars that he plays with.

Yeah, which is why Pachulia wouldn't be playing 32+ mins a game, which my mis-statement made it seem like I was thinking. He was on there.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just float this out to you...How long does it take before Green goes from 15 points a game to 2 points a game before he gets pissed....Or Thompson goes from 22 ppg to 10 ppg

I have a feeling someone is not going to be very happy...we shall see tho right....

You're shook. It's clear as day.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't concern you that Zaza fell out the Mavs rotation late last Year? I've always liked Pachulia for his sneaky all-around skills as a big man, but not as a starter on a title contender. He's a solid place-holding starter for a .500-ish ball-club like the Mavs, but you could tell he started to tire in that role late last year.

You don't want Iggy and Draymond starting either? My point exactly about depth. They're both going to play starters' minutes regardless of whether their names are introduced together pregame.

@Heatles84

You don't always trot out your best lineup as starters. I'll do an AVI bet for two weeks if Zaza is the starting center to start the season, and he'll likely stay in that role long term. The small ball lineup will likely be used more for the playoffs and/or Finals more. The Warriors can get away with that during the regular season which is why they won't come near their 73-win total from last year. They'll be resting players this time around given their mistakes last season.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @Cavs fans trying to come up with anything at all to give themselves some hope.

Hey we already beat them, they have to beat us

We are the champs and until they beat us they are not...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are going to witness the most epic meltdown if durant doesn't put them over the top this year lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey we already beat them, they have to beat us

We are the champs and until they beat us they are not...

I agree. The problem is that you Cavs fans aren't acting like you beat them and they have to beat you. You guys are grasping at potential chemistry issues to give yourselves hope. Meanwhile, Warriors fans are acting confident as if they were the champs.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't always trot out your best lineup as starters. I'll do an AVI bet for two weeks if Zaza is the starting center to start the season, and he'll likely stay in that role long term. The small ball lineup will likely be used more for the playoffs and/or Finals more. The Warriors can get away with that during the regular season which is why they won't come near their 73-win total from last year. They'll be resting players this time around given their mistakes last season.

LOL what is it with you and avi bets? Why do you always think you have something to prove to me...First a past-prime Wade and now Zaza frekin Pachulia???

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The problem is that you Cavs fans aren't acting like you beat them and they have to beat you. You guys are grasping at potential chemistry issues to give yourselves hope. Meanwhile, Warriors fans are acting confident as if they were the champs.

My theory is that it's part of the Cleveland mentality. Cleveland never wins anything so it's hard for them to adapt to being a winner. I'm not trying to knock Cleveland or its fans. Philadelphia fans would feel the same way.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind either of my teams being in the Cavs' shoes right about now.

No doubt. As much as I can't wait for the season and getting to see how the Lakers kids develop, I'd much rather the Lakers be where the Cavs are than where they are right now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My theory is that it's part of the Cleveland mentality. Cleveland never wins anything so it's hard for them to adapt to being a winner. I'm not trying to knock Cleveland or its fans. Philadelphia fans would feel the same way.

Good point.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget also, for those talking about bench depth, the Warriors still have Iggy and Livingston. While neither will be winning any regular season accolades, they are each among the 10 best bench players in the NBA. Iguodala might just be the best.