• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When will the ACC & SEC grow a sac and play a 9 game conference schedule?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great if FSU could play 9 teams from the Pac 12 or Big 12.
:drool:

SEC and ACC are the best conferences in the country right now bud.

FSU is playing all the top teams in the ACC + Ole Miss and Florida

:kissass:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid, you should go on TV with your special tricks. When I was a young man, we had Carson doing Karnak the Magnificent. Now we have you.

Let me correct several misconceptions you've laid out above.

I am not blinded by anything. I am aware enough to know that I can't speak for anyone else.

I have a number of connections to The University. I am aware enough to know that I can't speak for anyone else.

I am not sticking up for anyone, nor did I argue 4down20's point. My statement to him essentially highlights the fact that you are not arguing his point either. Among other things, you don't seem to be able to grasp the mathematics of the situation. You say you understand, then go on to make declarations which prove that you are lying, or at best deluding yourself.

Irrespective of that, you show your lack of acumen by making bold and foolish generalizations about things which you can not know.

Kudos for proving you're delusional.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
I don't always make new friends, but when I do, I like to make them using parts from old ones.

That dude is permanently butthurt when it comes to me.

Wait until he starts trying to claim I'm not a real Alabama fan and never lived in Alabama.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VTgator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban caused Urban to have health issues and run his butt out of town. Just so you know.
Or maybe, "processed" is a better word.

"If one speaks the same lie often enough, in time, it becomes the truth."

Dr. Joseph Goebbels

VTgator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great if FSU could play 9 teams from the Pac 12 or Big 12.
:drool:

SEC and ACC are the best conferences in the country right now bud.

FSU is playing all the top teams in the ACC + Ole Miss and Florida

:kissass:

(looking for FSU on my Hokie's schedule this year...):scratch:

Surfahgal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If one speaks the same lie often enough, in time, it becomes the truth."

Dr. Joseph Goebbels
Says a fan of a Team who is afraid to leave the State of Florida for an OCC game :noidea:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(looking for FSU on my Hokie's schedule this year...):scratch:

1st off, Are you some kind of Gaytor Hokie Wildcat superfan? We tend to favor 1 college team per person on tHoop or you really don't get taken seriously.

2nd, The Hokies? Who got rolled by Tennessee? :lol: 1 blowout game on the road beating a top 20 team in a monsoon and the Hokies are legit. :L What about Clemson and Lousiville? You think the Hokies can hang with those 2 teams, but get smoked at a neutral site against the Vols? Please the Hokies are NOT one of the "top" teams in the ACC even at 2-0 in the conference.

#3 - outside the Tennessee game, the Hokies schedule is pretty weak. You can hype up the VT/Clemson game all you want, but it's going to get ugly if they play.

#4 - I see FSU beat their SEC opponent (Ole Miss) and have beaten the Gaytors how many years in a row now? Derwin James will be back by the UF game. :heh:

Last edited:

Osceola63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw that, I don't want to add another ACC opponent. We already play 1 extra conference opponent by playing Miami every year.

I like the flexibility to play a regional game or kickoff game.

VTgator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off, Are you some kind of Gaytor Hokie Wildcat superfan? We tend to favor 1 college team per person on tHoop or you really don't get taken seriously.

Speak for yourself, sir. I'm a Gator alum (class of 1982), and I lectured at VT, my daughter's alma mater. I also attended the memorial services for the Cho shootings (my daughter was in Norris Hall at the time), and I met some of the greatest people on Earth there, so yes, I have a dual allegiance. if they play each other, I want Florida to win - by one point.
2nd, The Hokies? Who got rolled by Tennessee? :lol:

Rolled? If you want ROLLED...

Opponent-----------Yards Gained--------Yards Allowed-------Turnovers------Final Score

Tennessee.....................400.........................330...........................4................24-45
Louisville........................284.........................530...........................2................20-63

Tennessee scored 45 points against VT
Louisville's margin of VICTORY over FSU was 43 points!

Now THAT's "rolled...":pound:

1 blowout game on the road beating a top 20 team in a monsoon and the Hokies are legit. :L

1 1-point win based on a lucky blocked extra point, and you are legit? Not to mention losing to the team VT beat by 5 TDs? Yes, the game WAS in a monsoon, but both teams had to play in it, and VT had twice the yardage UNC had.

And yes, we all know about the Ole Piss game. Anything can happen the first game. Look up VT versus Ohio State, 2014...

What about Clemson and Lousiville? You think the Hokies can hang with those 2 teams, but get smoked at a neutral site against the Vols?

Not sure. We KNOW FSU can't hang with Louisville. Getting sodomized by 43 points is pretty damned bad. We'll see how well your vaunted defense holds up against Clemson...

Please the Hokies are NOT one of the "top" teams in the ACC even at 2-0 in the conference.

Who's better? Clemson, Louisville and.....?

#3 - outside the Tennessee game, the Hokies schedule is pretty weak. You can hype up the VT/Clemson game all you want, but it's going to get ugly if they play.

Will it be as bad as Louisville and FSU? I don;t think VT can hang with Clemson, either, frankly. Fuente still needs time to build his team. But I'm optimistic. If VT played the Noles, I like our 3d ranked defense over your 22d ranked offense, and LOVE our 65th ranked offense over your 74th ranked defense.

#4 - I see FSU beat their SEC opponent (Ole Miss) and have beaten the Gaytors how many years in a row now?

"Gaytors?" How old are you? Congrats on beating Ole Miss. I was rooting for you guys. I harbor no childish hatred for rivals. Left that behind in my 20s...

Derwin James will be back by the UF game. :heh:

Oooooooohhhhh!!!!!!! We're trembling. TREMBLING!!!!!:hail:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speak for yourself, sir. I'm a Gator alum (class of 1982), and I lectured at VT, my daughter's alma mater. I also attended the memorial services for the Cho shootings (my daughter was in Norris Hall at the time), and I met some of the greatest people on Earth there, so yes, I have a dual allegiance. if they play each other, I want Florida to win - by one point.

Opponent-----------Yards Gained--------Yards Allowed-------Turnovers------Final Score

Tennessee.....................400.........................330...........................4................24-45
Louisville........................284.........................530...........................2................20-63

1 1-point win based on a lucky blocked extra point, and you are legit? Not to mention losing to the team VT beat by 5 TDs? Yes, the game WAS in a monsoon, but both teams had to play in it, and VT had twice the yardage UNC had.

And yes, we all know about the Ole Piss game. Anything can happen the first game. Look up VT versus Ohio State, 2014...

Not sure. We KNOW FSU can't hang with Louisville. Getting sodomized by 43 points is pretty damned bad. We'll see how well your vaunted defense holds up against Clemson...

Will it be as bad as Louisville and FSU? I don;t think VT can hang with Clemson, either, frankly. Fuente still needs time to build his team. But I'm optimistic. If VT played the Noles, I like our 3d ranked defense over your 22d ranked offense, and LOVE our 65th ranked offense over your 74th ranked defense.

"Gaytors?" How old are you? Congrats on beating Ole Miss. I was rooting for you guys. I harbor no childish hatred for rivals. Left that behind in my 20s...

sw9558yu907.gif

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We beat Ole Miss. We then lost some key defensive players the next 2 weeks. It happens so I'm not sure what you mean by vaunted defense. We got rolled by Louisville - a dam good team. L'ville is averaging over 650 yards a game. Florida has beaten FSU once since 2009 and lost 3 in a row! And UF had one of the top defenses in the country last year.

So earlier you said VT was one of the top teams in the ACC, but now you are saying they can't hang with Clemson. Because they rolled UNC in a monsoon. I didn't say anywhere that FSU was legit - and legit i mean like has a legit shot at the title. Something UF doesn't know much about these days.

I lke talking trash and am very sarcastic. Just giving you a hard time

Last edited:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh. Everyone understands that. The point you keep failing to apprehend is that it won't bump up the SOS by a significant margin. The other point you are deliberately (I hope) obfuscating is that generally speaking, the schools in the SEC (first time I've mentioned a conference...) don't need to bump up their SOS; as has been pointed out, for most of the schools, their SOS is higher than average, and certainly high enough to aid them as needed when considered for seeding.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
Did you know that if you put your ear up to a stranger's leg you can hear them say: What the fuck are you doing?

I said it may not bump it up significantly, but are you truely dumb enough to believe it won't have a bump if you replaced the second to last game patsy with another conference opponent. I spelled out how great the bump COULD BE.

To your second point, SEC fans should not be for another OOC game. Sure it doesn't hinder you now, but at some point that weak extra OOC opponent ya play will come back to bite you. Just a friendly reminder, Dave.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to make that comparison, you would have to have seen Urban Meyer act (maybe the 'heart problem' at Florida?) or James Garner coach (no examples I can think of). Please tell us about it.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
Live as if everything you do will eventually be known. -- Hugh Prather

I figured, you had no common sense. Kudos, Dave

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dude is permanently butthurt when it comes to me.

Wait until he starts trying to claim I'm not a real Alabama fan and never lived in Alabama.

He's a gump just like you. A delusional bs spewing bitch. I wonder if he's never been to an Alabama game ethier?

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC and ACC already have a ton of yearly cross-over rivalry games too. More than most other conferences. I'm in favor of 9, but totally get it if South Carolina doesn't want to play Clemson plus another conference foe every year. Same goes for GT/UGA, Florida/Florida St, who ever plays in the Chik-Fil-A Kickoff, etc.

That being said, I'd be more than happy to schedule recurring home and homes with Tenn

Agree about VT and Tennessee playing regularly. Our campuses are so close. It would make a great OOC rivalry.