• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When will the ACC & SEC grow a sac and play a 9 game conference schedule?

VTgator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried calling the Big 12 when they first announced the expansion, they didn't answer me :Cry:

We need a better TV contract to pull it off, it's very difficult to do BYU has a nice schedule and all but they're struggling to maintain it, there's a chance if they don't get added to the Big 12 that they might give up and join the Mountain West again. Navy gave it up and joined the American.

Notre Dame is really the only one that can do it these days, I wish it was like the old days where you could pull it off for years.

Perhaps Boise and BYU could join the AAC? Unfortunately, air costs would be outrageous for all parties concerned. I'd love the see the AAC elevated to P5 (6?) status as the Big East was...

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Boise and BYU could join the AAC? Unfortunately, air costs would be outrageous for all parties concerned. I'd love the see the AAC elevated to P5 (6?) status as the Big East was...

Only would happen if American is elevated

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several SEC teams like to schedule New Mexico State, Eastern Michigan or whatever programs are in their first or 2nd year in FBS for the easiest win possible. I mean when's the last time New Mexico State or Eastern Michigan didn't have a game against a SEC program?

Actually, Eastern Michigan has only appeared on SEC schedules 3 times in the past six years. You are much more likely to find them on Big 10 schedules. New Mexico state, however, has appeared on SEC schedules 7 times during that same span.

I figure the SEC will go to a 9-game schedule by the time they add Oklahoma and East Carolina in 8 or 9 years.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Big East just had AQ status rather than "P5" status. They were about to lose it as I recall because it's based on how they do as a conference and they had slipped.

The MWC was actually about to make AQ status it seemed with Boise St joining them and they were looking at others, but then Utah, BYU and TCU left, and it basically just became a renamed WAC.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Eastern Michigan has only appeared on SEC schedules 3 times in the past six years. You are much more likely to find them on Big 10 schedules.

Eastern Michigan every 5 years or so will play Michigan (which is literally 10 minutes down the road) or Michigan State, so they can get a fat check.

I can say for certainty -- EMU players, in the past, couldn't care less about the program. One of my buddies was a QB, another was a LB and I partied in Ypsilanti more times than I can count with them and many others from the team. Every single one of them would be high -- some of them would get high before practice. I have no clue how they never got popped for failing a drug test.

I have to give them props for the success this year thus far though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastern Michigan or whatever programs are in their first or 2nd year in FBS for the easiest win possible.

Eastern Michigan has been in the FBS a long time. They are in the MAC. So while they are usually one of the worst teams in the FBS, it has nothing to do with being a 1st or 2nd year program. It has to do with it being the bottom feeder in the state of Michigan out of the 5 D-1 programs (Michigan, Michigan State, Western Michigan, Central Michigan and Eastern Michigan)

So, in a state that lacks a ton of local talent, they basically get the scraps and whatever is left over in the other states, with players willing to attend EMU.