• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When I knew we lost the game

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaerpernick throws a 36 yarder to Mario Manning game just before half time to put us in FG range.

Akers then goes out and misses the FG that would've built our momentum. And if that wasn't enough of a momentum killer, David Wilson has a huge return to open the 2nd half. That's when I knew the game was over.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling the game 10-3 at the half. NN, is that you? ;)

On a serious note, I did have an increased sense of concern after those events.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling the game 10-3 at the half. NN, is that you? ;)

On a serious note, I did have an increased sense of concern after those events.

I never called anything. It was just in my mind. And not at the half, AFTER Wilson came out and had that big return. It was obviously gonna be one of those days - if the two missed FGs by Akers didn't do it.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Wilson return was when I was pretty sure it was going to be "THAT" game.

If Wilson gets stuffed around the 20 than it gives our defense a chance to stop Eli from getting a TD or FG and we get the ball back and we're still able to operate our normal offense.

The return basically put them into TD range making it a 2 score game which in turn forced us to play the come from behind offense which clearly we weren't accustomed too.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never called anything. It was just in my mind. And not at the half, AFTER Wilson came out and had that big return. It was obviously gonna be one of those days - if the two missed FGs by Akers didn't do it.

True, just teasin' you either way. It did have "that feel" like we weren't in control. Complete opposite of when we played GB even though it was a close game for a good bit.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, Rogers drops a INT that hit him in the chest. Rolle is able to make one handed juggling INT and Rogers can't catch a pass that hits him in the chest??? WTF> Goofy Eli has some good luck too.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me the second quarter confirmed what the 1st quarter was predicting - The Giants controlled this game from the opening kick-off. We couldn't put on the scoreboard what we were doing on the field. Dominating the 1st quarter as we did and leading only 3-0 is a complete failure for one team and a complete success for the other.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaerpernick throws a 36 yarder to Mario Manning game just before half time to put us in FG range.

Akers then goes out and misses the FG that would've built our momentum. And if that wasn't enough of a momentum killer, David Wilson has a huge return to open the 2nd half. That's when I knew the game was over.

Agreed- I was thinking the defense had to get a 3 and out coming out of the half to get some momentum back. That kick return killed really killed them. Pretty much got no breaks in the first half and it only got worse in the 2nd.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I haven't seen mentioned have been our penalties, especially holding. We've had a few over the last several games that took away big plays. Didn't matter against the Jets and Buffalo but sure didn't help us yesterday against a quality opponent.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two missed FGs by Akers were quite a buzz kill.... I was actually more upset with Akers missing the first one after the niners killed that clock and gain so much only to return with zilch. I mean I wanted TD but a FG is still a FG there....

then Akers 2nd miss was the final nail for me in terms of strategy going into the 2nd half. It was a wasted opportunity by Kap so that in itself was demoralizing.

Wilson' return didn't make matters any better... it was hole after hole.... bad play by us and I'm sick of it already. I don't necessarily think we played this bad(in the vikings/giants games) than we did in our losses last year. Maybe the ravens game came close.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I haven't seen mentioned have been our penalties, especially holding. We've had a few over the last several games that took away big plays. Didn't matter against the Jets and Buffalo but sure didn't help us yesterday against a quality opponent.

I was getting fired up seeing us getting called for holding but not NYG OL.... bunch of zebra pricks...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last but not least, Alex throwing those 3 bad picks... I won't defend him at all for those, I have no idea what he saw to even throw those.....

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yesterday, I felt that the Niners lost their identity during the game... I did not get the play calling at all... For some reason, G-Ro turned into Mike Martz

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday, I felt that the Niners lost their identity during the game... I did not get the play calling at all... For some reason, G-Ro turned into Mike Martz

This! In fact lost it to the point where we need to re-establish it.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was the most confusing thing to me. We are a run first team and in the 1st quarter we ran it at will then we went air Croylle. Just didn't understand the play calling.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I had a bad feeling after Akers missed the 2nd FG as well. We had 2 great drives in the 1st quarter, but once the Giants got that first TD we failed to come up with answer. After they scored another TD to open the 3rd quarter we panicked and forgot how to play 49ers football.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me the second quarter confirmed what the 1st quarter was predicting - The Giants controlled this game from the opening kick-off. We couldn't put on the scoreboard what we were doing on the field. Dominating the 1st quarter as we did and leading only 3-0 is a complete failure for one team and a complete success for the other.

Yep. When you dominate a team but let them stay in the game it usually comes back to bite you. One thing I was pleased to see though was that they were able to get the ball to Moss down the field.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominating the 1st quarter as we did and leading only 3-0 is a complete failure for one team and a complete success for the other.

Yep. When you dominate a team but let them stay in the game it usually comes back to bite you. One thing I was pleased to see though was that they were able to get the ball to Moss down the field.

Exactly & Agreed on Moss. In fact, if the pass to Walker had been thrown to Moss, IMO, it would have been a reception instead of an INT. Throwing up a jump ball to Delanie Walker is just not very smart.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
didn't know until the Giants made their last field goal. certainly didn't give up after the kick off for the 2nd half.

could we tell it was "one of those games"? yeah, but that wasn't the question.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't know until the Giants made their last field goal. certainly didn't give up after the kick off for the 2nd half.

could we tell it was "one of those games"? yeah, but that wasn't the question.

That wasn't the question, either.