• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When I knew we lost the game

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully we learn from this and use gore/hunter to set the pace of the game. smith is capable of giving us some good drives here and there but we're a running team.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I knew the game was lost when Alex stepped on the field in the 2nd half. He had no business being out there w/ a finger injury playing like crap.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wilson return was when I was pretty sure it was going to be "THAT" game.

If Wilson gets stuffed around the 20 than it gives our defense a chance to stop Eli from getting a TD or FG and we get the ball back and we're still able to operate our normal offense.

The return basically put them into TD range making it a 2 score game which in turn forced us to play the come from behind offense which clearly we weren't accustomed too.

Special teams and field position game cannot be underestimated. All phases of the team contribute to field position and we f'ed it up all game. Obviously, I blame the defense the least. That return was huge despite "only" giving up seven points.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew the game was lost when Alex stepped on the field in the 2nd half. He had no business being out there w/ a finger injury playing like crap.

His finger was fine - his throws were fine - his decisions were horrible. Quit trying to use the finger as an excuse or as a reason.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special teams and field position game cannot be underestimated. All phases of the team contribute to field position and we f'ed it up all game. Obviously, I blame the defense the least. That return was huge despite "only" giving up seven points.

As we learned last year - 100% true!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His finger was fine - his throws were fine - his decisions were horrible. Quit trying to use the finger as an excuse or as a reason.

I'll be a bit NolanNonsense/Skip Bayless here and mention my prediction I made last week that Smith would have a letdown game and someone would mention the sprained finger as a major contributing factor (didn't want to use the word 'excuse'). I must say, I didn't think it would be NinerSickness. (And I thought we'd win despite a let down game by Smith.)

(Not comparing NN to Skip, I'm not that cruel) ;)

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am with you on this one. It wasn't just the fact that he missed the field goal before the half, it was that he missed two. It would have been 10-9 going into the second half and we would have had a ton of momentum with the blocked kick and scoring with under a minute to go.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'll be a bit NolanNonsense/Skip Bayless here and mention my prediction I made last week that Smith would have a letdown game and someone would mention the sprained finger as a major contributing factor (didn't want to use the word 'excuse'). I must say, I didn't think it would be NinerSickness. (And I thought we'd win despite a let down game by Smith.)

I don't like to :deadhorse: about it all the time, but let's just say that I've always been critical of the guy. I would've pulled him after halftime.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be a bit NolanNonsense/Skip Bayless here and mention my prediction I made last week that Smith would have a letdown game and someone would mention the sprained finger as a contributing factor. I must say, I didn't think it would be NinerSickness. (And I thought we'd win despite a let down game by Smith.)

Excellent prediction. I knew it would not be an easy win and I figured, just as yourself, that it would come with some mistakes, but I still thought we would win.

What we saw yesterday was nothing more than a good 'ol fashioned out-played, out-coached butt whoopin.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the finger was really affecting his throws, then the coaching staff should have noticed this during the week and went forward accordingly. If they did notice this and still went with Alex, who doesn't have the strongest of arms to being with, then the blame lies on them.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the finger was really affecting his throws, then the coaching staff should have noticed this during the week and went forward accordingly. If they did notice this and still went with Alex, who doesn't have the strongest of arms to being with, then the blame lies on them.

This!