• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

whats your idea on arod

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me it is easy ban until spring of 15 . his salary counts towards yankees cap and the money given to charity . punish the spankees they knew he was juiced . braun salary should also count and donated to charity .

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me it is easy ban until spring of 15 . his salary counts towards yankees cap and the money given to charity . punish the spankees they knew he was juiced . braun salary should also count and donated to charity .

I think you got it right. He'll be gone at least until the 2015 season.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever he receives, it wont be enough. Hes been juicing since college, and everyone practically knew it.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said elsewhere... he should be required to retroactively pay back his earnings from professional baseball in addition to being banned for life and having his career records nullified.

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arod will accept the plea deal of ban for the season with the yankees attempting to void his contract in the offseason. If they are able to void it, I will be pissed because that is 25 million they can reload with. I really hope the players union fights hard to keep Arod's contract intact.

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever he receives, it wont be enough. Hes been juicing since college, and everyone practically knew it.

he didnt go to college...he was drafted as a 17 yr old...was in the majors at 18

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arod will accept the plea deal of ban for the season with the yankees attempting to void his contract in the offseason. If they are able to void it, I will be pissed because that is 25 million they can reload with. I really hope the players union fights hard to keep Arod's contract intact.

No need to void the contract, the Yankees will have to pay him.

However, the insurance policy they have on Arod will pay them back 100% and his salary will not count against the luxury tax, which is really all the Yankees care about.

It's basically a get out of jail free card for the Yankees, complements of Bud Selig.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people are mad about the salary and the yankee's coming out of the other side looking good salary wise. However, it is only fair to hit Aroid where it hurts and that's his wallet. He won't be banned from the sport for life as he should be. The next best thing is a 2-3 year ban without pay. I know it's not fair since the yankees signed him to that contract but if no other team has to pay their player while they are banned, the yankees shouldn't be singled out.

Mr. Oriole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to void the contract, the Yankees will have to pay him.

However, the insurance policy they have on Arod will pay them back 100% and his salary will not count against the luxury tax, which is really all the Yankees care about.

It's basically a get out of jail free card for the Yankees, complements of Bud Selig.

What insurance organization agreed to cover 100% of that contract, and for anything other than an injury? Most I have ever heard of is 70% coverage for injuries, not suspensions.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this means pete rose should be in hof today

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this means pete rose should be in hof today

I think he should be. Everything he did BEFORE he bet on baseball games should count and should be recognized as legit because IT IS LEGIT!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

since it is technically his first violation, plus other stuff 100 to 150 game is fair.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people are mad about the salary and the yankee's coming out of the other side looking good salary wise. However, it is only fair to hit Aroid where it hurts and that's his wallet. He won't be banned from the sport for life as he should be. The next best thing is a 2-3 year ban without pay. I know it's not fair since the yankees signed him to that contract but if no other team has to pay their player while they are banned, the yankees shouldn't be singled out.

can not do that by the CBA. as it is he is allready appealing and he will get a signifact reduction

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get his appeal over with as quickly as possible and treat him like Pete Rose.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all suspensions are without pay. so ARod stand to loose a good chunk but the yankess will still have 2015-17 to pay him roughly 60 million.

however i see him getting it reduced to 150 or so

dandydOnS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate the guy, i mean HAAAAATE the guy. i would love to see him kicked out for life because i think he has cheated for years and years and is only now getting caught for it. my only problem is the letter of the law. if selig is suspending him with the drug clause than he can only get him for 50 games from a first suspension right? why should he do any more than that just because the league had a target on him before that? this is an honest question.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate the guy, i mean HAAAAATE the guy. i would love to see him kicked out for life because i think he has cheated for years and years and is only now getting caught for it. my only problem is the letter of the law. if selig is suspending him with the drug clause than he can only get him for 50 games from a first suspension right? why should he do any more than that just because the league had a target on him before that? this is an honest question.

its a good question. i think it will be answered in the arbituary court. personally i think they want to hit him because he is such a big name and the majority of players who have tested positive simply are not that big of names. i also strongly believe the Yankees have something to do with it.