• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lucas's Week 4 Pac-12 Preview

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After another exciting week in the books, it's time to look ahead to one of the most entertaining weekend of match-ups the Pac-12 will have this year. For the first time in recent memory, no team in the Pac-12 (Outside Washington State due to a Bye), are looking to have an easy week.

I will bring you my ideas behind the game, and my predictions for the Pac-12.

USC.png
at.png
i

Friday, September 23, 2016
9:00 PM ET on FS1
What a great start to the PAC-12 weekend. You have USC (0-1, 1-2) coming off a loss against Stanford, traveling to one of the hardest stadiums in Utah (0-0, 3-0), and taking on one of, if not the, best defensive unit in the conference.

While USC is certainly out of the Playoff picture, they are not yet dead in the conference. Playing in the weak South Division, USC is in a must win situation if they are going to make a run for the South Division title, and this is a bad spot to be going to Utah.

USC looks undisciplined, under coached, yet full of talent. Even with all the talent though, I expect them to suffer another loss against Utah, and talk to strong rumors about them going after Tom Herman for their soon-to-be coaching vacancy.

My Prediction: USC 20 - 34 Utah

boise%20at%20oregon%20state_zpsn1n3ruei.jpg

Saturday, September 24, 2016
3:30 PM ET on FS1
Boise State makes there way into Corvallis, OR, to take on the Beavers, in what will certain be expected to be the worst match up of the weekend. This is the second Pac-12 team that the Broncos are playing this year, having defeated Washington State earlier in the year, 31-28. A win here and all we will know for certain about Boise State, is that they are better than what I believe to be the two worst teams in the conference.

As I mentioned above, I think this has the making for a nasty game, and I think Boise will take this one home without any issues.

My Prediction: Boise State 35 - 15 Oregon State

colorado%20at%20oregon_zpse2mlvows.jpg

5:30 PM ET on PAC12
Such an interesting match ups, against two teams that are coming into this game both with a loss from the previous week, and disappointed from their performance. Last week Colorado was on a roll until Liufau's ankle injury, at which point Michigan came back and finished it off without too much work. Oregon traveled to Nebraska, and for reasons unknown kept going for 2 point conversions, and ultimately gave away the game.

This game would be much more interesting if we knew that Liufau was going to start, and if he does, I think this is actually a close game. However, if his injury means that Colorado will be playing their back up, than god bless Colorado because it'll be a long day.

So, for this game, I'll give 2 predictions.

My Predictions: Colorado 35- 42 Oregon (if Liufau plays) & Colorado 10 - 42 Oregon (If Liufau doesn't play)

Stanford%20at%20UCLA_zpsqh0kvuan.jpg

8:00 PM ET on ABC
Is UCLA going to live up to any of the hype they were receiving during the off-season? This game is my match up of the week, as I think the winner of this game will win their division. The loser will definitely still have a chance, but a win here will definitely put both teams on the path to the Pac-12 championship game.

Stanford is coming off an emotional game against their rival in USC, and now have to travel to LA to play the Bruins, after they won a hard fought, and low scoring affair against BYU. UCLA has definitely struggled this year, but their lone loss isn't looking as bad as Texas A&M has creeped their way into the Top 10.

I think this is the game where Rosen finally comes out and proves to us what all he can do. I'm still not certain of Stanford and what they plan to do if and when a team is able to shut down McCaffrey, and I think this is the game where we see exactly what Stanford's plan B is.

My Prediction: Stanford 24 - 27 UCLA

Cal%20at%20ASU_zps6d2eeqyj.jpg

10:00 PM ET on ESPN2
Two teams that finished week 3 with vastly different emotions. Cal defeated an undefeated and ranked Texas program that had looked to have rebound after their opening day win against ND. One of other side of the spectrum, Arizona State traveled to San Antonio to play UTSA, and needed a Ballage TD late in the 4th to pull out the win.

Both of the teams come into the contest on a high though, and currently both are receiving AP works for a place in the Top 25. The only thing that is certain from this game is that their will be A LOT of points scored as neither team has learned the art of playing defense. This will also be the first conference game for both teams, which to me makes it bigger for ASU since they are in South were their really isn't a favorite.

Truth is, Arizona State for the second straight year is on pace to be the worst team in college football against the pass, and Cal can certainly pass the ball. Regardless, I'm going to be homer on this one that lean towards ASU as I'm not sure Cal has the ability to stop the running back duo of Richard and Ballage.

My Prediction: Cal 35 - Arizona State 42

washington%20at%20arizona_zpsiswpy6qw.jpg

10:30PM ET on PAC12
The nightcap will conclude when Washington is forced to play an actual opponent in Tuscon, AZ. Arizona has certainly had their struggles this year with the likes of BYU and Grambling State, and Washington is coming in looking red hot against from High School talent. The hype around Washington could be legit, but we will have no idea until this game begins.

I do think Arizona is definitely struggling this year in all aspects of the game, and I don't think they are going to be able to move, or stop, the Huskies. I think this game shows to all of us that the Huskies are a legitimate Pac-12 North Division contender, and I think they steamroll the Wildcats.

My Prediction: Washington 42 - 10 Arizona

And there it is, a great schedule for Week 4.

Let me know what you think!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold pick on Stanford/UCLA do you see the Bruins stopping McCaffery. They did struggle vs A&M? Still not sure what I make of the SC game. If they lose the game vs Utah SC is dead in the water. I think they show up this week they need this game. I like ASU's chances I think they win vs Cal and surprise some teams. They may be my pick to win the south. Any information on Liufau's injury? I haven't looked yet

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Utah yet. That game will be a lot closer than you think. The thing with USC is even when they aren't playing at a high level they still have deep talent that is able to overcome some games. Trojans desperately need this game to get back on track which is a factor as well.

Don't count Cal out either. Putting up a ton of offense and I'm not sure ASU can stop them. ASU might also be pretty much desperate for a win as well, but something's off with them.

I'll take ferd to beat UCLA. The chosen Rosen isn't going to overcome what McCaffrey is going to hang on their D.

Oregon will cover and the beavers will be closer than you think. They will hang some points on Boise.

I don't see the UW game being that kind of a blowout either. UW hasn't been able to get a run game between the tackles going in 3 full games against the sisters of the poor. If zona is free to keep their safeties back in coverage I can see this being a much lower scoring game than your prediction. Funny things have happened in this series and UW hasn't won a game in the state of Arizona in over a decade. I like their chances, but it's not going to be a blow out.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nica analysis Lucas - but you have the Oregon score divisible by 7 -- ;) Or is that 7 touchdowns with 7 missed 2 point conversations???

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold pick on Stanford/UCLA do you see the Bruins stopping McCaffery. They did struggle vs A&M?

I think they are going to double team him and make sure that Christian isn't the reason that UCLA loses. If they do that, I'm not sure what Stanford plans to do.

Still not sure what I make of the SC game. If they lose the game vs Utah SC is dead in the water. I think they show up this week they need this game.

I think the game being in Utah is the difference maker personally. [/QUOTE]

I like ASU's chances I think they win vs Cal and surprise some teams. They may be my pick to win the south. Any information on Liufau's injury? I haven't looked yet

ASU has to learn to play against the pass if they are going to defeat Cal. We had the 3rd quarter against TT that we looked good defensively against Maholms, but we need more if we are going to defeat Cal. I think it's definitely going to be a good game, but I do feel pretty confident ASU will win.

And I've heard nothing on Liufau...

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nica analysis Lucas - but you have the Oregon score divisible by 7 -- ;) Or is that 7 touchdowns with 7 missed 2 point conversations???

I gave them a 50% change of making their 2 point conversions, all the while driving me insane...

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Utah yet. That game will be a lot closer than you think. The thing with USC is even when they aren't playing at a high level they still have deep talent that is able to overcome some games. Trojans desperately need this game to get back on track which is a factor as well.

Yeah - the game is definitely intriguing. I think USC has a lot of talent, but I'm not sure if they can move the ball against Utah, and since half of USC's defense is either suspended or injured, I expect the Utes to be able to move the ball.

If they can control the ball and not turn it over, I think they could win by 2 scores.

Don't count Cal out either. Putting up a ton of offense and I'm not sure ASU can stop them. ASU might also be pretty much desperate for a win as well, but something's off with them.

They do put up some offense, but ASU has seen that a lot this year. I think the running attach of ASU is going to control the ball, and pace of the offense and now allow Cal's offense to get into the rhythm that they prefer.

I'll take ferd to beat UCLA. The chosen Rosen isn't going to overcome what McCaffrey is going to hang on their D.

I just have a feeling that McCaffrey is going to be contained as much as possible and the tree isn't going to know what else to do to move the ball.

Oregon will cover and the beavers will be closer than you think. They will hang some points on Boise.

Oregon will cover if Liufau is out for sure.

As for the Beavers, I have no idea what to think of them, and I'm not sure they they will be able to hand with Boise State.

I don't see the UW game being that kind of a blowout either. UW hasn't been able to get a run game between the tackles going in 3 full games against the sisters of the poor. If zona is free to keep their safeties back in coverage I can see this being a much lower scoring game than your prediction. Funny things have happened in this series and UW hasn't won a game in the state of Arizona in over a decade. I like their chances, but it's not going to be a blow out.

UW hasn't needed a running game though. I'm positiver Peterson hasn't really opened the playbook because there has been no need to. Come Saturday, I definitely think their will be plays that you weren't expecting, but only if you guys need them.

I don't think Arizona is good, and even with this game in Arizona, I think UW will be able to wear Arizona out.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that I'm that bullish on the beavs as much as that skeptical on the broncos. Turns out beating WSU isn't nearly as big of a deal as it was last year since a FCS team did it as well just the week before and Boise had all kinds of issues with consistency in that game. So it's more about that to me.

I love what Browning was doing in the first 3 games. Don't get me wrong, he looks like he is maturing quite well. But let's face it, running up the score against 3 lower defenses doesn't mean you are going to find that same level of success against a Pac12 defense, even if it isn't one of the tops in the conference.

And to me it is a lot about the history of these two teams. They just always seem to play close games. UW barely lost the last time they went there and it was because of poor clock management by Petersen or they should have actually won it, but that's how these two play. The defense is going to have to deal with the fast tempo and playing on the road. I haven't heard if Soloman is still going to be out, but to me it's more about who they have at QB. I love our chances if it's not him. Kid might have done well against Hawaii, but wait until he sees a legit pass rush coming at him.

Reactions: Eco

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting idea is that I do think the winning of the Cal vs ASU game will have worked their way into the Top 25.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After another exciting week in the books, it's time to look

My Prediction:
USC 20 - 34 Utah

My Prediction: Boise State 35 - 15 Oregon State

My Predictions: Colorado 35- 42 Oregon (if Liufau plays) & Colorado 10 - 42 Oregon (If Liufau doesn't play)

My Prediction: Stanford 24 - 27 UCLA

My Prediction: Cal 35 - Arizona State 42

My Prediction: Washington 42 - 10 Arizona

So, 4-2 this week. The Utah and Washington game were both closer than I predicted. Stanford pull away late, but UCLA did better than the score represents, and I was way off with Colorado.

Boise and ASU I was about spot on.

I'll be doing my Week 4 Predictions either later today, or tomorrow!