• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's up with the Jets bragging so much

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is just following Sherman's lead in the talk department hoping it will rub off in the walk department. Unfortuna. ly for all of them, they are not as smart, talented, athletic, or hard working enough to ever back up their talk.

I am starting to see coaches trying to mimic Pete's approach as well about competition and being positive, but it seems so forced and unnatural coming from them. It won't work because they will revert to their normal methods under pressure and that will confuse the players and cause bad decisions. Other owners won't buy in to that system either. There will be pressure to play the most expensive players even if they are not the best players.

I think the copy cat method is relevant to more than just football. Look at television for example, one network will belt out a home run of a show an there will be very similar shows from the other networks halfway through the season. The same goes for the corporate world albeit at a slower pace.

Regarding the NFL and part of what you were talking about, you need a 100% committment from top to bottom for the "Pete Carrol" style of coaching to work. If you get a couple prima donna players or a coach that doesn't believe in the system, I don't think it will work. Lucky for Pete, he had Paul Allen backing him and a GM that believed in this vision. Anyone that resisted was quickly removed in the first two years.

Finally, something to ponder here. "What if", the Seahawks had not made it tonthe playoffs during Pete's first year as a coach? He would have two consecutive seasons with a 7-9 record. Would have Paul Allen still had Pete's back prior to the start of the 3rd season?

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, something to ponder here. "What if", the Seahawks had not made it tonthe playoffs during Pete's first year as a coach? He would have two consecutive seasons with a 7-9 record. Would have Paul Allen still had Pete's back prior to the start of the 3rd season?

I think so. The language used at the PC intro presser from Todd, and I think Paul as well, was a bottom up re-evaluation of the entire organization. PC came in with the same mindset and that is where the magic started. Pete wanted to create his own brand of NFL football and not take over an existing machine. Both sides wanted the same thing and I think they knew it could take some time. Luckily, the timing could not have been more perfect with the NFC West sucking.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jets have some serious talent on defense, but Geno Smith is turrible.