• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

whats the point of a pro day teddy

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on ESPN the other day that the Rams are considering signing Mark Sanchez. That pretty much sums up just how awful and big of a bust Bradford is. Rams are considering bringing in another 1st round bust to replace their even shittier bust :L

I don't know if I'd call Sanchez a bust just yet. The Jets did make the AFC Championship Game in each of his first 2 seasons. The problem was more about the Jets than Sanchez.

After those 1st 2 seasons, the Jets decided he was the next Tom Brady or Peyton Manning and needed to "make more plays". So they promptly got rid of most of his offensive weapons, significantly weakened their defense and then said: "Now take us to the Super Bowl".

Sanchez never was and never will be a Brady or Manning level starter, but he can certainly be a solid NFL starter if a team puts the right pieces around him.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I'd call Sanchez a bust just yet. The Jets did make the AFC Championship Game in each of his first 2 seasons. The problem was more about the Jets than Sanchez.

After those 1st 2 seasons, the Jets decided he was the next Tom Brady or Peyton Manning and needed to "make more plays". So they promptly got rid of most of his offensive weapons, significantly weakened their defense and then said: "Now take us to the Super Bowl".

Sanchez never was and never will be a Brady or Manning level starter, but he can certainly be a solid NFL starter if a team puts the right pieces around him.

Sanchez is a bust. He was the number 5 overall pick and is now a 3rd string QB. Even when the Jets made the playoffs those years, he was mediocre. It was all about Rex Ryan's D. His career numbers don't lie.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team doesn't let go of its number 5 overall pick from a recent draft unless he is a bust.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez is a bust. He was the number 5 overall pick and is now a 3rd string QB. Even when the Jets made the playoffs those years, he was mediocre. It was all about Rex Ryan's D. His career numbers don't lie.

I disagree. I'm not saying Sanchez was worth being a #5 pick or that he won't end up being a bust. I just think that it's a bit early in his career to label him a bust. Especially since the Jets front office is run by idiots who are more interested in winning the headlines in NY than actual games.

To me, Leinart is a bust. He was dropped into a good situation and eff'd it up with his own lack of work ethic.

Now that he's out of that 3 ring circus, if he doesn't manage to get his career turned around, then he'll be a bust.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I'm not saying Sanchez was worth being a #5 pick or that he won't end up being a bust. I just think that it's a bit early in his career to label him a bust. Especially since the Jets front office is run by idiots who are more interested in winning the headlines in NY than actual games.

To me, Leinart is a bust. He was dropped into a good situation and eff'd it up with his own lack of work ethic.

Now that he's out of that 3 ring circus, if he doesn't manage to get his career turned around, then he'll be a bust.

A top 5 pick on his second team and 3rd string is most CERTAINLY a bust. Can't roll with you here, although I understand your rationale.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top 5 pick on his second team and 3rd string is most CERTAINLY a bust. Can't roll with you here, although I understand your rationale.

I just think we throw the "bust" label on guys a little too quickly these days. Often times, the difference between being a bust and being a star is the situation the player is in.

Tom Brady has said that if he had been a 1st round pick instead of a 6th round pick, he'd probably would have been out of the league within about 5 years.

Alex Smith was considered a bust until Harbaugh showed up in San Francisco.

I'm not saying Sanchez won't end up being a bust, just that I think it's a little early to label him one. He's actually in a pretty good spot in Philly. He'll have some time with no pressure on him working with Chip Kelly who is a pretty darn good quarterback coach. If Sanchez doesn't manage to turn his career around after that, then I'll agree he's a bust.

Last edited by a moderator: