• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

whats the point of a pro day teddy

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be joking.

VY played for 6 years, in that time he had a total of 9k career yards, threw more INT's than TD's. If you add his rushing yards over those years, it's only another 1.5k yards.

Bradford has played 4 years and already has over 11k yards passing, and is much better in the TD/INT ratio and has a higher QB rating than VY. Hell, VY never even completed a full season, the most games being 15, which he did 2 times.
And VY was 30 times better? :lol:

Who in the world would pick up VY over Bradford knowing the stats they would produce?

exes would because he is blinded by his orange glasses and that my friends, is a fact....

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VY was a bust......but I'll take his ROY and playoff appearance, as well as his W/L record, over Bradford all day every day.......and so would most sane fans.

If you want a guy with bad stats that wins, you take VY.
If you want a guy with bad stats that LOSES, you take Bradford.

I'll take VY and the wins.

But make no mistakes, THEY BOTH ARE BUSTS.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about pro day.

You heard McShay, he said Jamarcus Russell...yah that slapdick...had the best pro day he had ever seen. That says it all.

Taylor Martinez put every single QB in the draft to shame at his pro day and no one is saying a word about it.

Not being a homer. Just saying.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're pretty fucking stupid yourself. VY's career in the NFL was 30 times better than what Bradford has done and that's a fact. Only a blind, dumbfuck Sooner would think Bradford isn't a major bust.

your homer is off the charts. They both suck in the NFL...deal with it

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That '08 OU offense was one of my favorite to watch. Bradford is a prime example of a great player getting stuck with a shitty franchise.

Put Cam Newton in SF. Think about that.

Put Bradford in Indy or New York. Think about that.

I think it'd be sweet if every team could bid on the first ten players in the draft and then have it be a conventional draft after that. How entertaining would that be?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be joking.

VY played for 6 years, in that time he had a total of 9k career yards, threw more INT's than TD's. If you add his rushing yards over those years, it's only another 1.5k yards.

Bradford has played 4 years and already has over 11k yards passing, and is much better in the TD/INT ratio and has a higher QB rating than VY. Hell, VY never even completed a full season, the most games being 15, which he did 2 times.
And VY was 30 times better? :lol:

Who in the world would pick up VY over Bradford knowing the stats they would produce?

homer-simpson-drooling-animated-gif_1.jpg

VY better record as a starting QB than Bradford, and it's not close
VY helped lead Tenn to the playoffs; Bradford hasn't sniffed the playoffs
VY = 2 time pro bowler; Sam Bradford = 0 Pro Bowler

Stat wise, VY's stats weren't good at all, but he won games. Like StarBigD said, VY stats sucked, but he won games. Bradford's stats suck and he loses games. Overall, both are major busts though.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah of course pro days are bullshit. but it supposed to be your bullshit. your field, your receivers, your pass routes. no excuses to have an average pro day. ie jamarcus russel best day ever....

That's why Johnny Manziel didn't throw at the combine - they weren't his recievers, etc.

If a QB screws up his pro day - he's got no excuses.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VY better record as a starting QB than Bradford, and it's not close
VY helped lead Tenn to the playoffs; Bradford hasn't sniffed the playoffs
VY = 2 time pro bowler; Sam Bradford = 0 Pro Bowler

Stat wise, VY's stats weren't good at all, but he won games. Like StarBigD said, VY stats sucked, but he won games. Bradford's stats suck and he loses games. Overall, both are major busts though.

Doesn't that just mean that he sucked for a better team?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Martinez put every single QB in the draft to shame at his pro day and no one is saying a word about it.

Not being a homer. Just saying.

His back-up was also better than him last season.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't that just mean that he sucked for a better team?

Not really. The Titans were just as shitty as the Rams. Hell, at one point, the Titans started out 0-6 one season with VY on the bench, then the owner made Fisher bench Collins in favor of VY and VY went on a 7 game winning streak, bringing the Titans within the brink of the playoffs. I know VY was a bust, but dumbshit Sooner fans need to realize Bradford is an even bigger bust.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. The Titans were just as shitty as the Rams. Hell, at one point, the Titans started out 0-6 one season with VY on the bench, then the owner made Fisher bench Collins in favor of VY and VY went on a 7 game winning streak, bringing the Titans within the brink of the playoffs. I know VY was a bust, but dumbshit Sooner fans need to realize Bradford is an even bigger bust.

You're forgetting his rookie year, when they started Collins and went 0-5

Then they started VY and won 8 of the next 10

But yeah, idiots here claim they'd want Bradford......I don't think Bradford has won more than 2 in a row in his "career" much less gone to the playoffs.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is probably the worst starting QB in the NFL. He literally has a zero wow factor. I think Bridgewater will be the big bust of this draft. His pro day obliterated any chances he had of going in the top 5-10. I'll never know what the TV peeps were seeing in him. His game at Louisville was nothing special imho.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is probably the worst starting QB in the NFL. He literally has a zero wow factor. I think Bridgewater will be the big bust of this draft. His pro day obliterated any chances he had of going in the top 5-10. I'll never know what the TV peeps were seeing in him. His game at Louisville was nothing special imho.

Geno Smith, Matt McGloin, Weeden, Kellen Clemens are all worse.

Idk if Clemens still starts

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Bridgewater will be fine, although it looks like Bortles is you #1 overall pick. I see this guy being a Roethlisberger type of QB.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on ESPN the other day that the Rams are considering signing Mark Sanchez. That pretty much sums up just how awful and big of a bust Bradford is. Rams are considering bringing in another 1st round bust to replace their even shittier bust :L

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on ESPN the other day that the Rams are considering signing Mark Sanchez. That pretty much sums up just how awful and big of a bust Bradford is. Rams are considering bringing in another 1st round bust to replace their even shittier bust :L

Too late, he signed with Philly today.