• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's a Fair Price for Osweiler?

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is going to pay him $20 million per, but I think alot of people are sorely mistaken if they think a 3 year/$30 million-ish deal is the best offer he's going to get. Maybe I'm wrong......I hope so in this case.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look up Chris Harris and Wolfs Contracts ....Jackson scoffed at Wolfs contract . I am guessing he said what you said and he is no better player than Wolf .. Wolf was actually playing way better at that point ..

Where exactly did you see this? because if that's the case then he can walk. I understand that keeping our defense in tact is a huge priority, but is there anyone out there who really thinks that re-signing Malik Jackson is a higher priority than re-signing Osweiler?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where exactly did you see this? because if that's the case then he can walk. I understand that keeping our defense in tact is a huge priority, but is there anyone out there who really thinks that re-signing Malik Jackson is a higher priority than re-signing Osweiler?

We got a very team friendly deal with Wolfe. I get the sense that Jackson is not so interested in offering up a hometown discount. Guys who sign an extension during the season, like Wolfe did, aren't taking advantage of the leverage they have in competitive bidding.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I seen something about it being the same contract.. He Countered with his Agent and Jackson said kind of mouthy that He had not heard from Elway ..He must still be celebrating the win ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is now gone IMO

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like 1st round of drug tests are coming back. So far no Bronco has been named as suspended at this point. Randy Gregory and Nick Boyle so far both suspended. One for drug use (can you guess which one) and the other for PED violations.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like 1st round of drug tests are coming back. So far no Bronco has been named as suspended at this point. Randy Gregory and Nick Boyle so far both suspended. One for drug use (can you guess which one) and the other for PED violations.
Jerry Jones is such a genius. Dallas is doomed for 8-8 or worse as long as he owns that team. We are so fortunate to have Bowlen for all these years. Poor Dallas....and Cleveland.....and Detroit.......and Washington.... and Miami..........:hurt:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a very team friendly deal with Wolfe. I get the sense that Jackson is not so interested in offering up a hometown discount. Guys who sign an extension during the season, like Wolfe did, aren't taking advantage of the leverage they have in competitive bidding.

Ok, well again if that's the case, then IMO he can walk. I liked the Jackson pick from the day we made it, and he's really made some noise since getting some significant playing time, and he played a DAMN good game in the Super Bowl. That said, does this guy think he's gonna get top DE money or something? I mean, damn, $36 miilion, $17 guaranteed for Wolfe, who quite frankly I see as a better more important piece to our defense.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember exact numbers but there are contracts for 3-4 DE in the 80 mill range I believe

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly - may be the case that Malik is more valued to the overall team need on another team. I've really enjoyed his Bronco career to date - except for the stupid roughing calls. The interior three of the Bronco's Dline was the invisible cog in the great machine.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly - may be the case that Malik is more valued to the overall team need on another team. I've really enjoyed his Bronco career to date - except for the stupid roughing calls. The interior three of the Bronco's Dline was the invisible cog in the great machine.

Well we are talking more than Jackson but yes all the rotation players and Jackson was special

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos are going to have to pony up $8-10 million a year and guarantee at least two years - with options and bonuses for year's 3 and 4. I'd be promising him - the money they saved from Manning will go to give Oz all the support he needs to succeed around the roster.
He couldn't hold the starting job after Manning was injured so what makes you think he is worth all this money?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He couldn't hold the starting job after Manning was injured so what makes you think he is worth all this money?

It represents - essentially my view of the market place. I will note - these numbers are lower than the ones being talked about.

I'll tell you something else - what is meaningful - is the amount below what was paid Manning last season and the length of the contract and the amount guaranteed.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker and Smith were huge for this team ..

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones is such a genius. Dallas is doomed for 8-8 or worse as long as he owns that team. We are so fortunate to have Bowlen for all these years. Poor Dallas....and Cleveland.....and Detroit.......and Washington.... and Miami..........:hurt:

As I stated elsewhere, I miss Al Davis.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker and Smith were huge for this team ..

They were but more in the reserve role. I can't see either of them stepping in as a starter and doing well for us. They are better in a rotation. Heck our entire defense part of what made it so great is we had depth at every single level except safety in my opinion. If a guy needed a couple of series off to get rested up well no problem as we had a more than capable back up to step in.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were but more in the reserve role. I can't see either of them stepping in as a starter and doing well for us. They are better in a rotation. Heck our entire defense part of what made it so great is we had depth at every single level except safety in my opinion. If a guy needed a couple of series off to get rested up well no problem as we had a more than capable back up to step in.

Exactly = and as I have been pointing out - this left them with more in the tank of each player during the playoffs too.

The Broncos are a destination team once again - so they have a big advantage in the 3rd NFL contract player market - first class facilities - a chance at the Super Bowl - and a rotational system on starters. It also gives them some amount of home field discount - among their own players.

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly = and as I have been pointing out - this left them with more in the tank of each player during the playoffs too.

The Broncos are a destination team once again - so they have a big advantage in the 3rd NFL contract player market - first class facilities - a chance at the Super Bowl - and a rotational system on starters. It also gives them some amount of home field discount - among their own players.
Very good points you are making there but one thing I have been wondering for years now is how much manning played into that. Originally everyone wanted to play for a winner and would be willing to take a bit of a discount but I have thought that most of that was Manning. Now it is hard to argue that the defending champs (F*ck yeah!) aren't a destination for free agents but it is worth watching how that changes in the future.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ooops, wrong thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good points you are making there but one thing I have been wondering for years now is how much manning played into that. Originally everyone wanted to play for a winner and would be willing to take a bit of a discount but I have thought that most of that was Manning. Now it is hard to argue that the defending champs (F*ck yeah!) aren't a destination for free agents but it is worth watching how that changes in the future.

Yes - being a destination landing in the NFL is part perception that your team is a contender, and it is partly due to facilities and ownership. Manning did bring that back to the Broncos -after the Shanahan years, but the Bronco Defense has the cache now.