• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's a Fair Price for Osweiler?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos are going to have to pony up $8-10 million a year and guarantee at least two years - with options and bonuses for year's 3 and 4. I'd be promising him - the money they saved from Manning will go to give Oz all the support he needs to succeed around the roster.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can get him the first year cheap with the Idea that the next year his price goes way up ..

Making it a mega deal would be nuts .. I do love his play cold weather ... But I think he understand to Jackson is kind of a pay raise in it's own right .. If your team succeeds you will in the end get that money back .

So yes mingo I could see even a 7 mill a year for a base next year with a huge bones to kind of off set that and 25 mill guaranteed

He will still be kind of cheap if you look at the real market .. I do see a really steep charge the next year though ..

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way you are going to get him for almost back up $. Do you think no one else is going to make him a offer?? I think his floor is $12MM per for three years. And could end up closer to $14MM.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If So I would Draft . I would not pay for a First year starter that much . I would want a proving year if not I would let him go . there are several FA QB's with better skills

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could of done this with Tim Tebow That is a fact .. Had we stuck with him by now he would of been able to of got those stats ..with a monster running game would of been the difference

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB Index: Which QBs will be available in 2016?

Oz was fun to watch but he was one and pretty much the play that was called or nothing .. He was not reading D's on blitz's he was running RB's into the mouth of D's .. look I like him but he is not a finished product .. He looked good because he was not asked to win the game other than NE .. towards when he got benched He was starting to get figured out by NFL team and how to defend him .. His numbers were shrinking down

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If So I would Draft . I would not pay for a First year starter that much . I would want a proving year if not I would let him go . there are several FA QB's with better skills
Like?
Bradford? Will demand much more $$ than OZ
Cousins? Washington will pay him
Kaepernick? Huge risk
RG111? - I don't think as a starter
Fitzpatrick? Don't see him fitting Kubes O

I don't see it. Osweiler deserves the opportunity to succeed/fail here.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he don't I said he needs to prove himself . He was looking good at first but teams figured him out in the last few games . I want to see if that trend can be changed before spending that much on him I would let him go and Draft .

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osweiler is definitely going to get offers in the low to mid teens per year. We just don't know if those offers will be from the Broncos. I think the kid is pretty smart and understands what he has in Denver (stellar defense) and would be willing to bend a bit to stick around but there very well may be a team out there willing to lure him away with the big bucks. The Broncos FO is smart and I'm hoping that they'll come up with an offer that is heavily incentive laden, back-loaded and easy for the team to get out from under if things don't go well.

I'm still 100% confident that Brock will be a Bronco next year and our starting QB. Elway has made it clear that it's his desire and what Elway wants......he usually gets. Brock is his hand-picked successor to Manning.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep the core of this D and worry about getting our Running game into full blown running over other teams .

With a Running game this team is down right scarry..Hell Tim Tebow could of been our QB this season .

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Osweiler is not an easy sign I don't want him ..what so ever . He should want to stay here . If he want's to hear other teams snick I want him gone ....There are other ways to skin a cat ..

Draft and lower price Free agents or Manning playing for 6 to 8 mill

27. Blaine Gabbert
28. Matt Hasselbeck
Johnny Manziel, Browns
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Chase Daniel, Chiefs

The only one on that list I'd even be remotely interested in is Chase Daniel.
The rest can all migrate to Canada for all I care of them.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Bronco Brock want to win the Super Bowl or make more money? We will find out. John Elway is not sweating it - I expect the deal to be done - before Brock's contract is open to the market place.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really torn on this. Our defense just finished a historical season and we do have the money to keep them all together but that would mean having to cut elsewhere and QB would be an easy position. I mean we could draft a guy at the end of round 1 and have him for really cheap for 5 years while we have a ton of money locked up on the defensive side of the ball. So that gives us a 4-5 year run with our defensive pieces in place. Then again QB being the most important piece can we really bank on an end of round 1 QB to be who we get or try to go sign a cheap veteran? I mean we did see this year that even with some of the worst QB play in the league this team was still able to win a Super Bowl because of having such an incredible defense.

Honestly right now it depends what Osweiler wants. Anything over $10 million and I just have a hard time wanting to keep him knowing it would be at the expense of a great piece of a possible dynasty defense.

I'm starting to actually look at some of the QB's of this draft and I am not hating them as much as I did a month ago. Maybe that is because I want this defense to stay together so badly but I think Kubiak has been known as a great QB's coach so I think he can work with somebody and get them playing at least at an average level. That is all we really need is an average QB with the defense we have.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like?
Bradford? Will demand much more $$ than OZ
Cousins? Washington will pay him
Kaepernick? Huge risk
RG111? - I don't think as a starter
Fitzpatrick? Don't see him fitting Kubes O

I don't see it. Osweiler deserves the opportunity to succeed/fail here.

lol... George is plugging Osweiller

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep the core of this D and worry about getting our Running game into full blown running over other teams .

With a Running game this team is down right scarry..Hell Tim Tebow could of been our QB this season .
Dude, that roadkill went bad on you a while ago if you really think Tebow could pull out this season for us. That's just ridiculous.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for keeping this defense together but we can't skimp on quarterback nor go all the way back to the beginning with a late first round or 2nd round QB in the draft. Oz knows the system, has the confidence of his teammates, was cool under pressure and showed enough flash to take a flyer on him. Quarterback money just isn't the real world but I hope the Broncos can get creative with Brock.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos are going to have to pony up $8-10 million a year and guarantee at least two years - with options and bonuses for year's 3 and 4. I'd be promising him - the money they saved from Manning will go to give Oz all the support he needs to succeed around the roster.
Ok, i know I said you were crazy, but after looking at other lower tiered starting QBs, I think your $8MM floor isn't a bad prediction.

Of course I still believe you are crazy, but just not on this topic! ;)

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the other options for the Broncos? I'll admit but I don't know if there are any good qbs that would come out in the draft this year so would the Broncos in a way be "forced" with him. It's not like he was a scrub or anything.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really torn on this. Our defense just finished a historical season and we do have the money to keep them all together but that would mean having to cut elsewhere and QB would be an easy position. I mean we could draft a guy at the end of round 1 and have him for really cheap for 5 years while we have a ton of money locked up on the defensive side of the ball. So that gives us a 4-5 year run with our defensive pieces in place. Then again QB being the most important piece can we really bank on an end of round 1 QB to be who we get or try to go sign a cheap veteran? I mean we did see this year that even with some of the worst QB play in the league this team was still able to win a Super Bowl because of having such an incredible defense.

Honestly right now it depends what Osweiler wants. Anything over $10 million and I just have a hard time wanting to keep him knowing it would be at the expense of a great piece of a possible dynasty defense.

I'm starting to actually look at some of the QB's of this draft and I am not hating them as much as I did a month ago. Maybe that is because I want this defense to stay together so badly but I think Kubiak has been known as a great QB's coach so I think he can work with somebody and get them playing at least at an average level. That is all we really need is an average QB with the defense we have.

Look we still have a QB on this team I kind of believe in he was damn fine player during the preseason I get it they were scrubs but he still was doing what you want as a QB .. his feet are quick and I liked his scramble ability