• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What was Cincy thinking re: Andy Dalton contract?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what happens when you have very, very small sample sizes.

Every couple of years there are QB's "who show up when it counts most" until they don't and then their post season stats start to resemble their regular season stats.

Nine QBs in the history of the NFL have more playoff victories. They are all in HOF (or will be with the possible exception of Roethlisberger).

BTW...please don't take this as me saying Flacco will be in the HOF because I doubt very seriously that he will. I'm just not sure you can call it a very, very small sample size when the vast majority of NFL QBs have never and will never touch Flacco's playoff success.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is literally the dumbest contract ever signed. It's better to have an absolutely horrible QB than a QB who's just good enough to lose in the playoffs.

And for those who point to Flacco:

Flacco >>>>> Dalton. Any Dalton sucks. He has as much talent around him as Kaepernick to ensure he looks like he's a good QB.

I am assuming you weren't a fan of Kaepe's contract.

BTW- What was the alternative? Cut him? Not resign him and let him eventually walk? 2 Years 25 mil for a solid starter is not a horrible deal for the Bengals. And don't fool yourself by thinking the contract is valued at anything more than that. This is a value contract for the Bengals considering the position.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton is not worth the time or the monetary commitment.

Has he ever gotten past the first round of the playoffs?

Great another ESPN watching fool that believes its always on the QB. Its a team sport. By your theory Tim Tebow should have gotten paid because he won a playoff game. The Broncos won a playoff game not just Tebow. The Bengals didnt win a playoff game not just Dalton. Just saying.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was still decent for Baltimore last year. They really were not the issue. The offense though was terrible from the run game to the pass game. Yes he was missing a weapon or two so that hurt. Flacco I think has a lot to prove this year as well though. He showed he has to have some weapons around him last year to be successful. When those weapons like his TE went down and losing Boldin he just couldn't do hardly anything.

Also that playoff run for Flacco. Yes he did well but he had some miraculous things go his way such as throwing into triple coverage and somehow his receiver is the one to come down with it or a safety mistiming his jump leading to a 70 yard touchdown type thing. He caught some major breaks.

That goes for all teams that win. You get breaks and some luck. Nothing new. Just saying.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team game people. ESPN and fantasy football has brainwashed so many of you.:L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team game people. ESPN and fantasy football has brainwashed so many of you.:L

In other breaking news FGs are worth 3 points. For more go to football101.com

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton has to be one of the most disrespected QBs in the league. 4200 yards and 33 TDs last season. But apparently the defense did all the winning. Those 33 TDs mean nothing to anyone. It sickens me. Andy Dalton is a great player. The Bengals know it. How many QBs are throwing that many TDs within their first 3 years? Not many. He's never missed a start. This guy has the potential to be elite very soon. Put your hatred and negativity aside for a moment and just look at the numbers and the way he plays the game. You'll see what the Bengals see. They're going to be a competitive team for years to come.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont think he is anything special, especially in the postseason.

I agree with this... He has looked bad in the post season... The guy isn't elite, but it seem's teams are just afraid to start over so there overpaying average players.... Dalton still has time to improve but I don't know about that guy... He makes pretty bad decisions in the clutch...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton has to be one of the most disrespected QBs in the league. 4200 yards and 33 TDs last season. But apparently the defense did all the winning. Those 33 TDs mean nothing to anyone. It sickens me. Andy Dalton is a great player. The Bengals know it. How many QBs are throwing that many TDs within their first 3 years? Not many. He's never missed a start. This guy has the potential to be elite very soon. Put your hatred and negativity aside for a moment and just look at the numbers and the way he plays the game. You'll see what the Bengals see. They're going to be a competitive team for years to come.

Great player ? Dude he's choked when it counts ... That's not greatness ... I"m not saying the guy sucks, I'm just pointing out he's 0-3 in the playoffs and doesn't look like the same guy when the pressure is on...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: