• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What trades will Woody make? Gallo? Soto? Deadline approaches as the Rangers visit Mike Trout in the hospital

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for the board; who do you think finishes with a lower ERA for the season, Howard or Otto? And do you think either will finish with an ERA below 5.00?

I am gonna say Otto and 4.96 vs. Howard 5.23

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about Otto>>>Howard.
I could see Otto finishing with an ERA around 4.80.
Thing is, he generally pitches well, but the times he's been bad, he's been BAD, so I guess you could say his numbers look worse than his general performance.

On Otto, I have to say, I almost fully expected those first 2 starts post Covid, to be bad. Stuff take a it out of you and it requires some time to recover

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Otto, I have to say, I almost fully expected those first 2 starts post Covid, to be bad. Stuff take a it out of you and it requires some time to recover
Good point.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for the board; who do you think finishes with a lower ERA for the season, Howard or Otto? And do you think either will finish with an ERA below 5.00?
I am tempted to say Howard will have the lower ERA to finish because I think the Rangers will work to protect him, like taking him out early tonight. I don't think they are as concerned with Otto's psyche.

That being said, there is some ground for Howard to make up. It will be very close. One thing that will help Otto is that most likely at some point he will be taken out of the rotation for Ragans. His ERA won't have as much chance of increasing from that point on. So, I will go with Otto finishing with a lower ERA than Howard.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets made another trade. This time with the Reds for a backup OF. If someone else wants one, I know where they can find one.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets made another trade. This time with the Reds for a backup OF. If someone else wants one, I know where they can find one.

"To create space for Naquin on the 40-man roster, the Mets announced they’ve designated reliever R.J. Alvarez for assignment. The righty was selected onto the roster earlier this month but didn’t wind up making an MLB appearance. He’s had a nice season in Syracuse, working to a 3.16 ERA through 31 1/3 frames. The Mets will presumably place the 31-year-old on waivers in the coming days."

I wonder if the Rangers will be interested in Alvarez.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"To create space for Naquin on the 40-man roster, the Mets announced they’ve designated reliever R.J. Alvarez for assignment. The righty was selected onto the roster earlier this month but didn’t wind up making an MLB appearance. He’s had a nice season in Syracuse, working to a 3.16 ERA through 31 1/3 frames. The Mets will presumably place the 31-year-old on waivers in the coming days."

I wonder if the Rangers will be interested in Alvarez.

Possible reunion with Alvarez

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox will be sellers.

Devers and Bogaerts will be the first.

Sales and Evoldi will be next.

John Henry has way too many irons in the fire outside of Fenway Park. He's looking for an NBA and an NFL team for the Brand and has more than $250B in the Fenway Sports investors pool. Red Sox games are more of a social event than a game. No one gives a crap about the game, there are parties to attend.
Even though they are in contention... well kinda in contention...

I can them selling. Everyone in the AL East is .500 or better...

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Smith in LF with Leody in CF, Adolis in RF? Most likely

Where does Duran play? DH and some OF

Duran seems to have more power potential than Smith so I have a hunch they will want to play him in LF if he can handle the defensive duties...

Some if them will most likely be traded.

Since the average of 1 in 5 guys make it to the big show I'd have to say yes...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word out of Boston yesterday was they weren't moving Devers or Bogaerts, maybe it was from Bloom or O'Halloran
The Red Sox insulted Devers with a $168M/8 year offer ($20.8M) and they won't make Bogaerts an offer until they have to do it. Henry hired Bloom to pare down the amount of money that is being spent and to keep interest. Trading just those two will get them at 3 top prospects ready for the bigs.

The Red Sox ownership throughout history has ripped out the hearts of fans. Just look at their most recent boondogle. Would you have traded Mookie Betts or paid him? If they were willing to trade one of the top three players in baseball for a fungo bat and a beach ball, what makes you think that Devers isn't gone by August 2, at 4:00 PM?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox insulted Devers with a $168M/8 year offer ($20.8M) and they won't make Bogaerts an offer until they have to do it. Henry hired Bloom to pare down the amount of money that is being spent and to keep interest. Trading just those two will get them at 3 top prospects ready for the bigs.

The Red Sox ownership throughout history has ripped out the hearts of fans. Just look at their most recent boondogle. Would you have traded Mookie Betts or paid him? If they were willing to trade one of the top three players in baseball for a fungo bat and a beach ball, what makes you think that Devers isn't gone by August 2, at 4:00 PM?
You are making me feel good about the running of our organization. My dad was stationed at Otis on Cape Cod in 67-69 so I have always had an affection for the Red Sox. But the Betts trade was a hard one for me to understand.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duran seems to have more power potential than Smith so I have a hunch they will want to play him in LF if he can handle the defensive duties...

Since the average of 1 in 5 guys make it to the big show I'd have to say yes...
Getting traded doesn't mean they won't make it to the big leagues though. What does one have to do with the other?

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me there are more important things than power potential when it comes to guys like Smith and Duran.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me there are more important things than power potential when it comes to guys like Smith and Duran.
Certainly agree. Savvy ,speed, base running ,strong arm, OBP to name a few.

Last edited: