• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What time is it in NYC? It's 5 past Lundqvist!

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were probably at the same game.

My father is a WSU alum, Cotton.

Anyway, this was right around Thanksgiving 1991 or 1992. Cougs destroyed the Huskies in a snow storm. Bledsoe through like a 60 yard TD pass. Incredible environment with all the snow and drunk co-eds.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cashmans best work is done when it doesn't involve big money. He was firmly against many of the big deals on the books. Cashman knows that this city and that uniform brings out the best in players, Hal is just catching up to this theory and Robbie Cano may be a casualty of that approach

"All the bad signings are because of the owners...just the good ones are Cashman. Now, let me tell you how horrible Theo is/was...because of the crawford and lackey signings"

~ beacon of consistency

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but does any one of us think that if we were $200 million to spend every year for a decade, that we couldn't coax at least one title out of it?

Even Chappee could pull that off...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyway, this was right around Thanksgiving 1991 or 1992. Cougs destroyed the Huskies in a snow storm. Bledsoe through like a 60 yard TD pass. Incredible environment with all the snow and drunk co-eds.

"I was at that game!!!"

~ Snoogs

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every year i say cashman has failed as a GM....and every year, he surprises me. hes very good at polishing turds.

going into this season if you told me the yankees would be a half game up on the sox or anyone in the AL east with that disaster-on-paper roster...id have done what i normally do and laugh. arguably the best GM in the last 20 years when it comes to reclamation projects. i hate admitting that.hes extended a lot of careers.

Now replace Girardi with Cashman and you have a point

most underrated manager in the game ... glad he coaches my team,

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 277,500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the fact that the Yankees are one of the worst drafting teams in baseball since Cashman took over... and also the little tidbit that over the past decade, he's had a ONE BILLION DOLLAR budget... And his team had managed all of one championship...

I think you could make the argument all day that he's the worst GM in all of baseball..

Wurd. Stick Michael built that dynastic team that went 4 titles in 5 seasons, and he did it without that meddlesome Steinbrenner the Elder.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was in Alaska in 1991. I was at some games in 1992.

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad Drew didn't have the Brady rule to protect him.

for some reason Drew was trying to run....didn't quite make it out of bounds in time lol

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"All the bad signings are because of the owners...just the good ones are Cashman. Now, let me tell you how horrible Theo is/was...because of the crawford and lackey signings"

~ beacon of consistency
You know what's a beacon of consistency? Front Running Bitch Downs being a Front Running Bitch.

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but does any one of us think that if we were $200 million to spend every year for a decade, that we couldn't coax at least one title out of it?

Even Chappee could pull that off...

Well in truth ... I can give you a few teams / GMs that would've already lost that bet

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now replace Girardi with Cashman and you have a point

most underrated manager in the game ... glad he coaches my team,

nah, girardi makes more strange head scratching moves than any other manager of a successful team i can remember.

a lot of yankee fans agree with this for the most part

Most Driven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to look at their entire careers... Whatever... I dont know how to quantify that any better than the fact that they have identical save percentages...

Throw in the fact that Thomas has the 2011 Stanley Cup playoffs on his resume?

I don't even understand the debate..

For the same reason Thomas wasn't in the NHL until he was almost 30 IMO

Looking at his stats, he had 2 great years, and only played over 60 games once.

I think Thomas was great, but I think in the end Lundqvist will have had the better career. Yet, you may be right that he never gets a cup. Mainly because of the bag of suck that plays in front of him.

Have you ever seen a goalie get screened by his own team so much?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every year i say cashman has failed as a GM....and every year, he surprises me. hes very good at polishing turds.

going into this season if you told me the yankees would be a half game up on the sox or anyone in the AL east with that disaster-on-paper roster...id have done what i normally do and laugh. arguably the best GM in the last 20 years when it comes to reclamation projects. i hate admitting that.hes extended a lot of careers.

A man with a sac in Boston

Refreshing

Idiots talking about the Arod deal, not knowing that Cashman wanted to resign over them keeping him

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

~ beacon of consistency

So do the scrubs play well because Cashman has seen their unfulfilled promise and talent (and therefore they aren't really scrubs) or do they play well because of the Yankee honor and tradition?

Why does Cashman get credit for the Yankee honor and tradition - he hasn't been around that long.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed....THIS YEAR. This might be the only good job Cashman has done in 10 years. The Red Sox and Yankees have no business being atop the division, so far. Makes no sense. I give major props on the V. Wells deal. I laughed my ass off on that one when they made it.

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A man with a sac in Boston

Refreshing

Idiots talking about the Arod deal, not knowing that Cashman wanted to resign over them keeping him

I have a sac jerk!

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in truth ... I can give you a few teams / GMs that would've already lost that bet

Actually..no you can't...unless you're going to argue that $120m = $200m...which if you do? You're officially welcomed to Yankee Universe....