• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What time is it in NYC? It's 5 past Lundqvist!

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes done more than this year chappee

he made eric chavez a few million bucks and a slew of other guys

He also gave Kyle Farnsworth $17M and Damaso Marte $12M. What are you saying? That's he's good at signing smaller deals after fucking up a bunch of larger deals?

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3/5ths of the rotation

The entire bullpen

Homegrown

First place

Who else in baseball boasts the same?

when you have JBJ..........what the fuck else matters.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL ... well I didnt take 200 as a real number. I just thought he was referencing the big money spending teams.

You're knew to being a Yankee fan...that number is very real...has been for about 10 years now...not every season individually..but the average over that 10 years is probably just about $200m even...

Over that ten years? I'm willing to bet the closest team is probably about $500m behind them....

"Honor and tradition"

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause you're always wrong like that other Pussy and never accountable like that other pussy

What GM in baseball has a better career resume when it comes to results on the field ?

Sim

The constant refusal to acknowledge payroll is my favorite trait of the NY Yankee fan...

Hey Giambi/Teixeira/Damon/Mussina/Pavano/Sheffield/CC/Burnett/ you tell me what your highest bidder is. I'll add on 15%... Deal?

Deal...

THE BEST GM IN ALL THE LAND DOES IT AGAIN!!!!

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like an appropriate time to re-post this gem...

Last edited by a moderator:

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just google'd it. November 21, 1992. That's the one I was at. Bledsoe's pass was 42 yards, not 60. I over-Brady'd it earlier.

I was probably there.

Bledsoe was a party animal. Hurt himself doing a stage dive once, but they managed to keep it out of mainstream media.

Most Driven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the biggest pet peeve i have on the bruins is the number of goals let in by rask/whoever because chara is screening his own goalie. does more harm than good IMO.

"That guy sucks, trade him"

-Mike Milbury

Beyond me how that guy has a job as an analyst

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3/5ths of the rotation

The entire bullpen

Homegrown

First place

im just saying cashman is great at making an edible shit sandwich

hes resurrected more careers than quentin tarantino

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record.......and maybe i'm the only sox fan who feels this way.....

I have no problem w/ the yankees spending..........all my problems are with the effing royals

MLB NEEDS to adopt relegation from soccer

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also gave Kyle Farnsworth $17M and Damaso Marte $12M. What are you saying? That's he's good at signing smaller deals after fucking up a bunch of larger deals?

So he's not perfect. Congrats

Wanna discuss the billions wasted by other GMs that don't even have one postseason appearance to show for it?

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3/5ths of the rotation

The entire bullpen

Homegrown

First place

Pettitte left Houston and signed as a free agent.

He ain't homegrown any more.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause you're always wrong like that other Pussy and never accountable like that other pussy

What GM in baseball has a better career resume when it comes to results on the field ?

Simple Question

Not accountable? I just admitted I was dead wrong on V. Wells. What more do you want?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im talking strictly reclamation guys dirt

cashman doesnt draft well and the prospects hes traded or traded for really have backfired more often than not.

the big money deals were never his own idea...guys like soriano (the closer) that he never wanted and was overridden on, etc. some of the bigger deals he was just signing the deal...with people over him barking orders...

but...

i give him credit for reaping rewards out of a dumpster...very belichick like circa 2001-2005ish

Good comparison with the Pats there. The Yankees are a great regular season team, too.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was probably there.

Bledsoe was a party animal. Hurt himself doing a stage dive once, but they managed to keep it out of mainstream media.

That was in the pros right? i thought i remember that story...

The dude seems like a great guy, him and Scott Zolak (his back up for awhile and a radio host here).......still get along very well to this day, so he comes on the radio every now and then.......Drew is total class, and a helluva business man

Most Driven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah5hVoz.gif

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: well if you go back a few pages. pete tried to come in here after vacationing when the bluejays were winning and not having much to say, then tried his buejays are trash routine. trying to pull out stats that i shut down. then he went on to bring in race. (clear indication he's mad) then he went on to say how the bluejays offense and OBP sucks and i shut that down as well. the only legit point he has is the yankees do own the bluejays, but you can't come in here on monday after being missing when the jays were doing good and pettite visited the GYN.:2cents:

Hey Heat, still Fuck You!

FACT

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The constant refusal to acknowledge payroll is my favorite trait of the NY Yankee fan...

Hey Giambi/Teixeira/Damon/Mussina/Pavano/Sheffield/CC/Burnett/ you tell me what your highest bidder is. I'll add on 15%... Deal?

Deal...

THE BEST GM IN ALL THE LAND DOES IT AGAIN!!!!

How has spending big money worked out for the Red Sox?

How is it that they finish behind teams they spend 50-80 million more than?

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're knew to being a Yankee fan...that number is very real...has been for about 10 years now...not every season individually..but the average over that 10 years is probably just about $200m even...

Over that ten years? I'm willing to bet the closest team is probably about $500m behind them....

"Honor and tradition"

Yes Down

I know the number is real

I didnt know Snoogins was saying it as a literal. Like there are tons of teams that spend a lot of money. I thought in snoogins hypothetical he was saying its easy to have that kind of success when your team spends big money every year .... I didnt know he was being literal in sticking to the 200 mil number