• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What P5 conference not named 'The PAC' would take Washington

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa State vs. Nebraska would be sweet.

I think for Nebraska we are looking at an 8 or 9 game season. I can't see it getting to be much more than that.

Hopefully we get some serious change for the better, but it isn't looking good.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 30 or so college professors I had, I had respect for about 2.

They were all asshat privileged fuckers when I look back on it.
Yep. Many of them are there for research, etc and hate having to lower themselves to teach.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Best Colleges for LGBTQ Students in 2019

Congrats Washington....you're the best
NCAA Considering Canceling 2020 College Football Season

giphy.gif

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure at first he was confused and said "no, just give it to me without protection".

I doubt it. He really hates minorities so I'm sure he was scared of those animals molesting his Washington Pride booty hole. Had to cuddle up to the Aryan biker gang.

He's mentioned this all before, but he doesn't like to talk about. Dark times.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. He really hates minorities so I'm sure he was scared of those animals molesting his Washington Pride booty hole. Had to cuddle up to the Aryan biker gang.

He's mentioned this all before, but he doesn't like to talk about. Dark times.

Undoubtedly. There has to be some serious leakage from the number of times @AlaskaGuy willingly gave it up in prison.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if so what other school would they want in order to make it an even number as in two.

huskystadium6.jpg

uwacademics2.jpg

Looks like a perfect match.

Just move the team here and have the players take online courses :thumb:

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like a perfect match.

Just move the team here and have the players take online courses :thumb:

This headline is 22 months old & the story contains inaccuracies:

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – For the 12th consecutive year, the Atlantic Coast Conference leads the way among Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) conferences in the “Best Colleges” rankings released by U.S. News & World Report.

Member schools combined for an average rank of 54.7. The ACC is the only FBS conference to place six member schools among the top 35 of the U.S. News & World Report rankings and its seven institutions among the top 40 are three more than any peer conference.

Duke boasts the league’s highest ranking at eighth and is joined in the top 40 by No. 18 Notre Dame, No. 25 Virginia, No. 27 Wake Forest, No. 30 North Carolina, No. 35. Georgia Tech and No. 38 Boston College.

Notre Dame is not a member of the conference for football, so the ACC only has 5 FBS members in the top 35 & 6 in the top 40. And, with the exception of Notre Dame, most of those schools are better at studying (or cheating) than playing football.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly see a number of schools dropping football all together in major conferences.

Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers, and Maryland certainly come to mind in the Big 10. Hell, even after their best season in 5 decades Minnesota could be susceptible.

In the Big 12, you gotta look at Kansas, Kansas State, TCU, and Baylor. Maybe even Okie Lite with the oil money tycoon left behind.

I know Nebraska is already looking into regional games via bus that we can play against our old Big 8 foes.

We have a long long ways to go before college football season, and this shit has yet to calm down. 30% unemployment level Depression numbers and zero fans in the stands changes the entire scope of everything. I have little doubt the massive TV revenue contracts will be reviewed if not straight up reneged upon by the major TV networks as they will lose millions of viewers.

You do realize the TV viewership is going to be enormous for sports whenever it returns, especially football. And schools mainly get their money from their TV contracts, not ticket sales. In fact, in many places ticket sales have been declining and the last few years there have been many articles written about the decline in attendance at CFB games.

So TV numbers are going to sky rocket. All those 80,000 or whatever fans that cant attend the games will simply watch it on TV, or go to their local bar and buy food and drinks and watch it there.

Heck, I could see some smart college town promoting the entire CFB atmosphere only instead of going through the gates to the stadium, you go to their bar, or restaurants and watch the game. You still tail gate, etc, but you just go to the local eateries and pubs to watch the game.

Also, the outlook is looking better each day, not more bleak.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize the TV viewership is going to be enormous for sports whenever it returns, especially football. And schools mainly get their money from their TV contracts, not ticket sales. In fact, in many places ticket sales have been declining and the last few years there have been many articles written about the decline in attendance at CFB games.

So TV numbers are going to sky rocket. All those 80,000 or whatever fans that cant attend the games will simply watch it on TV, or go to their local bar and buy food and drinks and watch it there.

Heck, I could see some smart college town promoting the entire CFB atmosphere only instead of going through the gates to the stadium, you go to their bar, or restaurants and watch the game. You still tail gate, etc, but you just go to the local eateries and pubs to watch the game.

Also, the outlook is looking better each day, not more bleak.

The TV contracts are set. More people watching = more money for the networks, not more money for the schools.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly see a number of schools dropping football all together in major conferences.

Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers, and Maryland certainly come to mind in the Big 10. Hell, even after their best season in 5 decades Minnesota could be susceptible.

I don't see it. Dropping it for a season, maybe, due to the uncertainty about the virus; but not dropping the sport altogether. Rutgers, maybe, since they have such a pathetic program; but not the other schools. Dropping football could get them kicked out of the conference.

In the Big 12, you gotta look at Kansas, Kansas State, TCU, and Baylor. Maybe even Okie Lite with the oil money tycoon left behind.

Even fairly lame state schools like Kansas would likely keep the sport because of the revenue it brings in. With private schools like Baylor you never know; but a school that overlooks sexual shenanigans by its players in order to keep a successful coach employed is not likely to fold its program just because a few people could get sick or die. It might also risk its conference membership by permanently eliminating a prominent sport.

I know Nebraska is already looking into regional games via bus that we can play against our old Big 8 foes.

We have a long long ways to go before college football season, and this shit has yet to calm down. 30% unemployment level Depression numbers and zero fans in the stands changes the entire scope of everything. I have little doubt the massive TV revenue contracts will be reviewed if not straight up reneged upon by the major TV networks as they will lose millions of viewers.

The schools most at risk are the G-5 schools & FCS programs that don't rake in the money of a Power 5 program. Those in California, the Northeast (and Louisiana, to a certain extent) are the most at-risk.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TV contracts are set. More people watching = more money for the networks, not more money for the schools.
Which is why not having fans in attendance really does hurt the schools.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to the OP's original question, the only P-5 league that might seriously court any Pac-12 schools would be the Big 12. And they would mostly be interested in the Arizona & lower California schools, and maybe Utah and/or Colorado.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This headline is 22 months old & the story contains inaccuracies:

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – For the 12th consecutive year, the Atlantic Coast Conference leads the way among Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) conferences in the “Best Colleges” rankings released by U.S. News & World Report.

Member schools combined for an average rank of 54.7. The ACC is the only FBS conference to place six member schools among the top 35 of the U.S. News & World Report rankings and its seven institutions among the top 40 are three more than any peer conference.

Duke boasts the league’s highest ranking at eighth and is joined in the top 40 by No. 18 Notre Dame, No. 25 Virginia, No. 27 Wake Forest, No. 30 North Carolina, No. 35. Georgia Tech and No. 38 Boston College.

Notre Dame is not a member of the conference for football, so the ACC only has 5 FBS members in the top 35 & 6 in the top 40. And, with the exception of Notre Dame, most of those schools are better at studying (or cheating) than playing football.

22 months old? Correct, make that 13 consecutive years going on 14 :yes:
(and that's Thanks to it's 15 members, including ND :nod:)