• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA Considering Canceling 2020 College Football Season

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If teams can't start practicing in early July, the season will have to be scaled back anyway. I see the season slowly slipping away.
Damn, there goes Cupcake State (aka BSU) and CFU changes of a natty [snicker snicker].
Too bad Cupcake State owns, clowns, and embarrasses you clowns when we meet.:D

TBF, we never expect to go to the Natty, it's just not in the cards.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Cupcake State owns, clowns, and embarrasses you clowns when we meet.:D

TBF, we never expect to go to the Natty, it's just not in the cards.

Agreed. Dumb shit post from an Oregon clown show no doubt about it. Cupcake state claiming a natty? Couldn’t be more off base. Embarrassing post.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If CFB gets cancelled for this fucking farce, we need to start burning shit and killing people.

I'd rather go to the LSUx or FSUx or Joja game and catch COVID than not go at all!

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dood...whatever he did to you, you gotta get over it.

You look like a complete faggot chasing him in every thread and crying like he grabbed your pussy.

oh go fuck yourself...you do the same thing to at least a dozen people on here so zip it. That makes you a 12 times more faggot by your calculations.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the perfect answer from Sankey quite honestly.

I brought this up in another thread but when you look at the metrics associated with the virus and it makes a lot of sense for colleges to start back up in the fall:

1. College kids are the healthiest and best suited to survive the virus.
2. There is a good argument doing so will jump-start herd immunity.

At some point we have to look this virus in the face in kick it's ass.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska already said that last week...

I could see a scenario where Big Ten SEC play but the Big XII doesn't.

Bowlsby is so worried about the 2nd wave.
Sounds like it. Tech president sounds ready to go but didn't state it like Sharp.

The thing that is real thought provoking is...and not just for CFB...the issue regarding a possible truncated season. Begin the season and somewhere along the schedule a team has a player or two test positive and the whole team is then quarantined for 14 days. Not only does that school have two games canceled but their opponents also have one each.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska already said that last week...

I could see a scenario where Big Ten SEC play but the Big XII doesn't.

Bowlsby is so worried about the 2nd wave.
Bowlsby is actually looking at this the right way, he wants a plan to be in place if/when the second wave of infections comes. All it takes is one player to really get sick to cause Presidents to pull the plug. He's the commissioner, he wants sports to resume ASAP, but he also wants to know what steps are in place if the worst happens.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody on here actually think every team in the country will avoid any problems with none of their players, coaches or trainers getting infected? You can't have a season when teams are suddenly having people quarantined and can't even practice for a couple of weeks let alone play a game. Until the virus thing is conquered we're stuck, like it or not. Games being cancelled at the last minute are no way to run a sport. Example: OU has a couple of players test positive and they quarantine the squad before the RRSO. What's Texas supposed to do? Or you see a city get locked down because of a second wave. If it's Los Angeles there goes USC and UCLA.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowlsby is actually looking at this the right way, he wants a plan to be in place if/when the second wave of infections comes. All it takes is one player to really get sick to cause Presidents to pull the plug. He's the commissioner, he wants sports to resume ASAP, but he also wants to know what steps are in place if the worst happens.

I agree with this. Bowlsby just wants a contingency plan/plans in place just in case. It’s exactly what the nfl is doing in regards to releasing a schedule. I just wish those bastards would release it already.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Bowldsby, I would rather the Big Xii err on the side of caution. The bummer of it all is ISU will probably have their best team ever this season. Still don't think playing football is the right thing to do this fall though.

Our research Universities (including Iowa State) should be balls to the wall trying to do what we can to beat this virus instead of spreading it wildly like a football season will probably contribute to doing.

Just my onion.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC commish pretty much said 'FU liberal pvssies .. we're playing us some football with or without you.'

:heh:

BUT... a less than full season would come with a BIG asterisk to it. :nod:

Would depend on how those games were scheduled, though. :noidea:

:drink:

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC commish pretty much said 'FU liberal pvssies .. we're playing us some football with or without you.'

That's because the SEC is in States controlled by GOP State Legislatures. They're all going to be on the
same page.

These extended lockdowns are governors playing politics. They are bankrupting their own citizens for a virus
that when you exclude the elderly or other underlying medical conditions, the death rate is less than 2%.
Hell, 25% of the people who get it, don't even know they had it and another 50% are never hospitalized.
This isn't Ebola. This is a sideshow to crash the American economy and try to get some inept 80-year
old elected President.

It is an Opportunity for the ACC however. We could very easily expel teams like Pitt, Syracuse and BC.
Virginia is a divided state. UVA is very liberal. VPI, OTOH, is only 200 miles away from being West Virginia.

This is all about politics, now.