• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA Considering Canceling 2020 College Football Season

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Texas Mod had a brief update which included a talk with a "Big Cigar" who told him that the we are all in this together vibe, isn't the case with the Big 12 conference in regards to this fall. Texas wants to play football on time (like the SEC), and is willing to do it even if other schools in the same conference do not. Feels like Bowlsby is taking a Pac conference approach. This can't be good for future conference rights..

Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa and West Virginia. These are the 5 states that makeup members. None of those states scream liberal when I think about states that are. I think the B12 members will all be fine.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa and West Virginia. These are the 5 states that makeup members. None of those states scream liberal when I think about states that are. I think the B12 members will all be fine.
Well Bowlsby was the one that said no Zoom meetings and originally said if campus wasn't open no football.. ou AD and CDC (UT) must've called him cause he changed his tune within a week..Zoom meetings are allowed and now he is saying football is on.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Bowlsby was the one that said no Zoom meetings and originally said if campus wasn't open no football.. ou AD and CDC (UT) must've called him cause he changed his tune within a week..Zoom meetings are allowed and now he is saying football is on.

Ahhhh the power of threats!

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw them writing an article about poor high school students being forced to sit in classrooms for 7 hours a day. Don’t know how much I can take their articles seriously.
Regardless of who wrote it, the concept is legit.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reset? As in killing those bottom 88 schools athletic programs? Or having the P5 break out on it's own? I'm not sure about a reset for the schools in the P5 or even group of 5.. unless after this pandemic, ADs and Presidents now want more of a regionalized type of conference/divisions to keep costs low in case something like this happens again?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is legit.
If this figure is correct, then I think things were in the process of coming home to roost anyway. This guy may have underlying motives but it would add up. Subsidizing to a level >75% had to make one stop and rethink the reason for existance. Providing that kind of subsidy is fine as long as the education portion if fine, once that starts eroding....

t’s a disaster for a school like the University of Massachusetts-Amherst, whose $48 million in athletic revenue includes a staggering $37.5 million subsidy from student fees and university funds.

Reset? As in killing those bottom 88 schools athletic programs? Or having the P5 break out on it's own? I'm not sure about a reset for the schools in the P5 or even group of 5.. unless after this pandemic, ADs and Presidents now want more of a regionalized type of conference/divisions to keep costs low in case something like this happens again?
I don't think the 38 schools referenced need to be concerned whatsoever. They'll bounce back and be just as sound as they are now...thus why they are the 38. They are "the Jones'" and the rest have been trying to "keep up with" them for a while.

Division II and III schools still have many Olympic sports without nearly the financial support. Hell, the JC here in my home is able to fund men's/women's hoops, volleyball, men's/women's soccer, baseball, softball, track/cross country and men's/women's golf. It can be done but it may mean bus rides and Whataburger instead of chartered planes and Ruth Chris.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no reason one school should suffer because others choose not to play.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU is in
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...o-reopen-for-the-fall-semester-146705592/Amp/

WVU will play football this fall, I guarantee it. Even if we have to play Marshall 3 times to makeup for the candy arse lib schools who don't wanna.
2-3% is an acceptable death rate togo ahead n have the football season. Half of those people were gonna die soon anyway...

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poster off a Texas board:

Just received an email from UT Chancellor, others probably have it as well, stating that students will be back on campus in the Fall.

"...My conclusion is that it’s not a question of whether we open for students, but how. We hope to give students the in-person learning experience we all value, but we will do so in a way that protects the health and safety of students, faculty, staff, patients and visitors. So while I’m pretty certain campus life won’t be exactly like last fall, it won’t be like this spring, either..."

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this likely leads to the NCAA scrapped altogether

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU is in
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...o-reopen-for-the-fall-semester-146705592/Amp/

WVU will play football this fall, I guarantee it. Even if we have to play Marshall 3 times to makeup for the candy arse lib schools who don't wanna.
2-3% is an acceptable death rate togo ahead n have the football season. Half of those people were gonna die soon anyway...

Wonderful to hear, but we should try and get a MAC guy in there too so we aren’t stuck with 3 easy W’s from the Herd.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ouch it seems Jawja is out.. Thoughts and Prayers @Chewbaccer

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ouch it seems Jawja is out.. Thoughts and Prayers @Chewbaccer
I’d rather endure an 0-12 season than have no season at all, and where I’m from the pronunciation is more like Jarger. Jimmy Carter is from South Georgia, they can’t pronounce r sounds, where we in north GA add extra r’s