• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA Considering Canceling 2020 College Football Season

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody on here actually think every team in the country will avoid any problems with none of their players, coaches or trainers getting infected? You can't have a season when teams are suddenly having people quarantined and can't even practice for a couple of weeks let alone play a game. Until the virus thing is conquered we're stuck, like it or not. Games being cancelled at the last minute are no way to run a sport. Example: OU has a couple of players test positive and they quarantine the squad before the RRSO. What's Texas supposed to do? Or you see a city get locked down because of a second wave. If it's Los Angeles there goes USC and UCLA.
I saw somewhere today that there is a good chance the Texas State Fair will be canceled. I'll see if I can find the article.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dood...whatever he did to you, you gotta get over it.

You look like a complete faggot chasing him in every thread and crying like he grabbed your pussy.
tenor.gif

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw somewhere today that there is a good chance the Texas State Fair will be canceled. I'll see if I can find the article.

OUCH! That would suck for you all down there.

In Newport, RI, the legendary Newport Folk and Newport Jazz Festivals and other smaller music events were cancelled earlier this week.

While not as large as the events like your State Fairs, this will be an EXTREME hit to the local economy here. Especially these summer months, which are "key" for this area.

Outside of the Naval War College, NUWC and defense contractors here in the Newport area, it's mostly a service (hospitality) & tourist oriented industry.

Freakin'' COVID19!! :tsk:

No wonder people are drinking more... :drink:

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In Newport, RI, the legendary Newport Folk and Newport Jazz Festivals and other smaller music events were cancelled earlier this week.

While not as large as the events like your State Fairs, this will be an EXTREME hit to the local economy here. Especially these summer months, which are "key" for this area.

Outside of the Naval War College, NUWC and defense contractors here in the Newport area, it's mostly a service (hospitality) & tourist oriented industry.

Oktoberfest has been cancelled in Germany. Now, that is BIG!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, nearly any entity that relies on travel/entertainment/recreation, etc type revenue is going to have a hard time for a while.

I have no idea how much the State Fair of Texas pumps into the DFW economy. But I'd bet it is a shitpot full....and a lot of it has been mine over the years.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oktoberfest has been cancelled in Germany. Now, that is BIG!
Damn right. I'd have lost the farm betting on the Houston Live Stock Show and Rodeo. I said Christ would return before anything ever kept that from happening!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the most interesting dynamic here is that it all depends on each state, region, administration for when and if football can happen at that particular school - and then - you add in conferences and the NCAA. In Michigan, Lansing might be perfectly fine, but Ann Arbor might not; our county has more than twice the cases. Or what if everyone's Gov in the B10 says CFB is good to go in one way or another, but Mich's Gov says it's a no-go? You could have cases nationally where certain schools are banned at the state level from participating. It could get super interesting, I'm not sure how the season happens unless there's a treatment or major drop in cases; or just the acceptance that some schools are out from the get go.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't have a season.

Brace yourself fellas

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't have a season.

Brace yourself fellas
please be untrue.. I can only imagine Oregon fans telling me for the next year and a half how they were going to win it all in 2020 til the CV came

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Texas Mod had a brief update which included a talk with a "Big Cigar" who told him that the we are all in this together vibe, isn't the case with the Big 12 conference in regards to this fall. Texas wants to play football on time (like the SEC), and is willing to do it even if other schools in the same conference do not. Feels like Bowlsby is taking a Pac conference approach. This can't be good for future conference rights..