• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA Considering Canceling 2020 College Football Season

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do they do without fans a lot of these college towns depend on fans so the local businesses can make money?

The money that the big universities take in from football supports a lot of other non revenue sports. It provides scholarships, equipment, and travel expenses. It's going to be a major hit without real crowds.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's fucking april and no one (even the so-called experts) knows how this is going to play out over the next several months.

shit, by June we could have zero deaths daily from this and we're going to continue to just shut everything down for 12 more months?

Then we don't have to do anything except what we do every year. But if there is no students, no games, or the games move to February, a lot of planning has to go into this.

Football in the Midwest in February, with open roof stadiums. Oh the joy.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live smack dab between Lubbock, Midland-Odessa, Abilene and San Angelo. Let's just say things ain't too swift right now. Double whammy with the Russia/Saudi spat and COVID 19. But we've been through booms/busts before. And most O&Gs that will survive ain't willing to pump/drill/repair anything until the prices get back to the point where it is worth their while. They'll just do minimums and/or sit.
sweetwater?

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like seeing 5k fans at the ou vs ucla game last season on TV.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we don't have to do anything except what we do every year. But if there is no students, no games, or the games move to February, a lot of planning has to go into this.

Those are the games I like best (to watch on TV).

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are the games I like best (to watch on TV).

Same with my wife. She gets interested in football in December if there's a game on TV from Denver.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like seeing 5k fans at the ou vs ucla game last season on TV.
As an LSU fan, I look forward to snagging a ticket for $20 since the flights, hotels, and cost of breathing in California are so high.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's Oregon and they're a bunch of hippies anyway.

And before you say California is a bunch of hippies too...

We may be hippies, but we're hippies that like sports. :nod:

I don't live in Oregon...or even the US for that matter.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My grandson's coach called him yesterday and told him to watch his email today. Dormitory Registration for the football team will be available after lunch and he said "Do Not Miss This Registration." They're started $10M construction on a new field and stands that will be ready for the first game on Saturday September 5th. He told him to be prepared to move into his dorm on Aug.13. If it doesn't happen it will be moved forward as will the season schedule.

If the economy starts moving and people begin to go back to work, they will try to have football in September. Finally, some good news.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My grandson's coach called him yesterday and told him to watch his email today. Dormitory Registration for the football team will be available after lunch and he said "Do Not Miss This Registration."

He's registered and has a football Roomie who's also majoring in Business.

Now I have to start buying all of the stuff on the must have list.

Stuff we don't have around like XL Twin sheets and blankies. Who the hell has football players in their house sleeping on a twin bed??

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Georgia heading to Missouri in week 6.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's Oregon and they're a bunch of hippies anyway.

And before you say California is a bunch of hippies too...

We may be hippies, but we're hippies that like sports. :nod:

At least till the 7th inning, then it’s Katie bar the door

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29085873/arizona-president-says-fall-football-increasingly-unlikely-more-answers-needed

"What I've been hearing more of is that maybe doing something combining both basketball and football for the spring, so January-February 2021, and try to play both of them," Robbins said. "There will be all kind of implications for television viewing and confusion. I don't know. We just don't have any answers right now."

Robbins conceded that his opinions about delaying fall sports or pushing them back to the spring were his "personal reading of the tea leaves."

"It's going to be very difficult to start the [football] schedule as it currently exists," Robbins said.