• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What moves should the Warriors make?

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I realize that just because the Warriors WANT to make a move does not mean that the other team will be willing to do so. But I am curious to know who you think the Warriors should target.

Remember, Golden State has two players with fairly large expiring contracts:

Dan Gadzuric - $7,243,750
Vladimir Radmanovic - $6,883,800

Plus, they have Brandan Wright - a guy who has not lived up to expectations, but is still young and may be a guy other teams might want to take a chance on.

They also have Charlie Bell, who is not a good player by any stretch of the imagination, but has a fairly tradeable contract with $3.8 mil this season and $4.09 next season.

If I were Golden State, this is what I would do:

Trade Gadzuric and Charlie Bell for Rip Hamilton. This gives the Warriors a 6-foot-7 shooting guard who can defend against the bigs. If he plays with Monta, Monta becomes the point and Rip plays the 2 guard. Same with Curry. And when Monta and Curry are together on the floor, Rip either becomes an emergency 3 or he hits the bench.

If the Warriors were adventurous, the would offer the Pacers Brandan Wright, Monta and Vlad for Danny Granger and TJ Ford.

With both of those trades consummated, this is the Warriors' lineup:

PG: Curry, Ford, Lin
SG: Rip, Curry, Reggie Williams
SF: Granger, D Wright
PF: Lee, Udoh, Amundson
C: Beans, Lee, Amundson

They can go big with Curry, Rip, Granger, Lee and Beans.

The can go small with Ford, Curry, D Wright, Udoh and Lee.

That team wins more than the current lineup does. Easy.

For the record, I would HATE to trade Monta, but if it meant getting bigger with Granger, I make that trade.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
goldenstate has to trade alien, they have no choice. Alien and curry are too similar to play together, 2 undersized shooting guards without the size to guard half the players in the league. Curry has to learn to play pg which he has a better shot at then alien and alien needs to be shipped so they can start looknig for that new 2guard with size.

not sure what the market there is for alien due to being a one dimiensional ballhog with a history of crashing mopeds but he'd fetch GS something if you found the right stat drooling managemnt with no clue about winning, maybe minnesota per say(kanh, babcock). Perhaps they could nab coked out tranny and a pick

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dude, don't be like that. It's OK to want to trade Monta because you think that he and Curry are too small to work together in the back court and that Curry is the better player. But don't be the douche who calls him names and resorts to multiple posts and name-calling to try to make your point.

If this forum ever gets off the ground and finds some regular posters, it will need to be civil. Your post is a TERRIBLE start.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goldenstate has to trade alien, they have no choice. Alien and curry are too similar to play together, 2 undersized shooting guards without the size to guard half the players in the league. Curry has to learn to play pg which he has a better shot at then alien and alien needs to be shipped so they can start looknig for that new 2guard with size.

not sure what the market there is for alien due to being a one dimiensional ballhog with a history of crashing mopeds but he'd fetch GS something if you found the right stat drooling managemnt with no clue about winning, maybe minnesota per say(kanh, babcock). Perhaps they could nab coked out tranny and a pick

^^^^

This, belongs on the ESPN board -- maybe this douche is an alt for Cazic?

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
^^^^

This, belongs on the ESPN board -- maybe this douche is an alt for Cazic?

sadly enough i was permabanned from espn.

Can't take my talk about alien? fine talk you guys can discuss golden state amongst yourselfs

just know that monte ellis is an arrogant asshole that looks like an alien and shoots too much. He does not give a shit about you nor would he call someone a douche on your behalf if somebody was calling you an alien. This is the same alien that refused to pass to curry early in his rookie season out of pure jealousy and bitterness

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cam,
I'm more a Lakers fan than anything, but I watch lots of Warriors games so I'll chime in on this thread:

- Warriors need a tall shooting guard but I think they really need to look at a legitimate point guard. I know Steph is still learning the position and all, but they really need someone who can distribute the rock. I've seen Steph make some nice passes, but often times he'll get picked off when he tries to make those fancy one handed passes or no looks that often times lead to a layup for the opposition. With Monta and Steph being in the top 20 in terms of turnovers per game and having Steph getting a decent 6 assists per game (but ranking in the top 20), this team may need to take a real good look at a PG. Perhaps getting a backup PG - I don't know if it's Lin but his offensive game is too limited.

- Center: Gadz and Radmanovic should be traded but to whom and for what? I hear the B. Wright and Radz/Gadz for Murphy and a 2nd round pick. Would be tough to lose B. Wright but the guy is injury plagued and has limited offense. He is young but the amount of lost time on the court due to injuries may make it too late for this kid. Biedrins has flat out lost whatever made him pretty good a couple of seasons ago. At some point the Warriors should think about sitting Biedrins more and giving Udoh more playing time because quite frankly, Biedrins is almost a ghost out there.

So who would I trade? I wouldn't trade Monta for Granger eventhough that makes the W's taller. It's hard to find a dynamic guard in the mold of Ellis. The W's have a SF in Wright who, although is not a superstar, is a solid compliment to what they have along with Lee. Dubbs should just dump salary and possibly get pieces for next year. B. Wright is also an expiring contract and maybe he could be swapped but he won't attract much IMHO.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks for the input yoshi.

The sad part is that despite my optimism that a new owner would mean a new way of business, the sad reality is that the Golden State Warriors are no different now than they were with Cohan writing the checks.

This team is hamstrung with inept management and bad player contracts. No free agents WANT to come to Oakland, so the Warriors have to overpay to get any FA to come. That in turn prevents the Warriors from becoming a good team because they do not have the cap room to add better players nor do they have the talent on the roster that other teams crave. So they spin their wheels in the Western Conference and continue to play as a fringe lottery pick - not bad enough to get a high draft pick and land that prized player who will help put the team into the playoffs; not good enough to make the playoffs and avoid the lottery.

Sadly the best thing the Warriors could do now is blow up the entire team and start over