• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is wrong with the Texas and Florida teams?

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many people have mentioned, for the last few years, that the Texas teams are down. It is peculiar because this is one of the most talent rich ares of the United States, and many of the state teams are struggling nationally. Look at Texas and A&M as prime examples. Even Tech and UTEP aren't doing as well as they have done in the last 20 years.

We are now seeing this trend affecting Florida. The major teams are struggling mightily. FSU is 0-2, Florida squeaked by UK, and Miami had a dogfight with Toledo. Even USF under performed in their opener against SJSU and has not beaten anyone of note. Even FAU is playing pretty terrible, they just lost to Buffalo.

These are, arguably, the 2 most talent rich states in America (sorry California) and their teams are struggling. Why is this? Is there an underlying reason for this? Is the game changing, yet again? What are your thoughts.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a clue but a ton of distractions off the field with all of the Hurricanes. Not the case for years past but this season it is understandable. I am making an excuse for them but I don't think I am too off base here.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both states have embraced homo sexuality.