• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is the end goal in Philly?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When should we expect Philly to win 41 games and contend for a playoffs spot? 2019?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the goal is to fuck bitches and get money

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is TJ McConnell is playing awesome. Undrafted rookie making the most of his opportunity.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not sure you can blame the 76ers much more than the Lakers at this point. Kobe and Byron Scott are a two headed cancer.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Noel and Okafor on the court together have been awful. Offensively something in the low 80s per 100 possessions. Not great defensively either. If Embiid finally plays in this league, they are going to have to trade one of these bigs.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think give them a year or 2 or 3 and they should be a decent team again. 4 1st round picks isn't that bad athing.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Noel and Okafor on the court together have been awful. Offensively something in the low 80s per 100 possessions. Not great defensively either. If Embiid finally plays in this league, they are going to have to trade one of these bigs.

Embiid has foot issues. Pretty bad when you're that tall and big like he is. He's going to miss his 2nd straight season because of the fracture in his foot. I wouldn't be surprised if he never played a minute in the NBA. Which leads to 2 of the 3 top 10 picks in the last 3 years.

Okafor and Noel shouldn't be on the court together. Okafor's the future of that team, Noel I haven't seen much of too be quite honest. When you can't play two of your top players together that you drafted because your offense is going through the crapper, then that's bad.

Yes, OKC had a similar build. But they hit on every single draft pick and got lucky with some (Ibaka was drafted 24th in his respective draft, which late 1st round picks don't work out as often as some think. The 76ers haven't proven that they know what they're doing. Not every GM is Sam Presti. And not every organization is lucky as the Cavs to have a generation-type player want to go back home. The 76ers are stuck.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think give them a year or 2 or 3 and they should be a decent team again. 4 1st round picks isn't that bad athing.

It is if you have no idea what you're doing.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the end game in Philly...to be demoted to the D League?:noidea:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not sure you can blame the 76ers much more than the Lakers at this point. Kobe and Byron Scott are a two headed cancer.
at least the Sixers have a plan- you might not agree with the plan- but its clear they have a plan:

Tank- get as many high picks as possible- and rent out their cap room to teams in order to get extra draft picks.

Now- they have as many as 4 First Round picks in the upcoming draft- a guy in Saric that would be AT WORST a top 10 pick (and likely a top 5 pick coming over), plus Noel, Okafor, and Embiid (whatever he is worth at this point)- plus a couple guys like Covington who could be decent rotation guys.

Whether you agree with what they are doing or not- its clear they developed a plan years ago that they are sticking to and ownership is being patient and letting the GM, Hinkie, implement his plan and vision.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid has foot issues. Pretty bad when you're that tall and big like he is. He's going to miss his 2nd straight season because of the fracture in his foot. I wouldn't be surprised if he never played a minute in the NBA. Which leads to 2 of the 3 top 10 picks in the last 3 years.

Okafor and Noel shouldn't be on the court together. Okafor's the future of that team, Noel I haven't seen much of too be quite honest. When you can't play two of your top players together that you drafted because your offense is going through the crapper, then that's bad.

Yes, OKC had a similar build. But they hit on every single draft pick and got lucky with some (Ibaka was drafted 24th in his respective draft, which late 1st round picks don't work out as often as some think. The 76ers haven't proven that they know what they're doing. Not every GM is Sam Presti. And not every organization is lucky as the Cavs to have a generation-type player want to go back home. The 76ers are stuck.

LeBron NEVER even considers going back home if not for Kyrie being there (stolen from the Clippers), and the Cavs having enough trade ammo to go get Kevin Love, and having enough assets to clear cap room to give LeBron a max. LeBron is simply NOT in Cleveland if the Cavs did not acquire the assets like they did.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
part of that is their guard play is ATROCIOUS.

while I agree that pairing 2 big men that cant shoot is not conducive to having a good offense in todays league- they have no chance with the guards and SF they are throwing out there that are so far below other teams talent its insane.

Okafor is clearly a keeper from what we have seen so far- and Noel is a beast on the boards, and defensively- (his steal numbers are ungodly for a big man).....but your right- ideally ONE of those guys can stretch the floor and i dont think they can- not yet at least.....but you gotta have a PG that can get these guys the ball in the right spots, and some shooters to space...or all you are doing is making it near impossible for these guys to perform on offense.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most have addressed the Draft pick situation with the Sixers, but there's also another angle no one has mentioned: Salary Cap space. The Sixers have shed all large major contracts and will even have trouble this year meeting the NBA floor. In past year teams would have killed for this flexibility, but it doesn't help the Sixers at all.

They've acquired a ton of cap space, but they haven't accounted for the salary cap rising and giving other teams financial flexibility to retain their own stars. In previous years, the Sixers may have been able to throw tons of money at a free agent and get him to sign. Now with the cap rising, teams can afford to spend more on ancillary players. This is why a guy like MKG can sign a deal worth 15M annually and Harrison Barnes can confidently turn down 16M a year. There are virtually no superstars who will ever jump ship to join a Sixers team based on "potential". The only guys the Sixers will be able to land are by overpaying role players. This will lead to a perpetual cycle of suck.

A large part of their rebuild was built upon this as well as the draft picks. The salary cap space means nothing now.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most have addressed the Draft pick situation with the Sixers, but there's also another angle no one has mentioned: Salary Cap space. The Sixers have shed all large major contracts and will even have trouble this year meeting the NBA floor. In past year teams would have killed for this flexibility, but it doesn't help the Sixers at all.

They've acquired a ton of cap space, but they haven't accounted for the salary cap rising and giving other teams financial flexibility to retain their own stars. In previous years, the Sixers may have been able to throw tons of money at a free agent and get him to sign. Now with the cap rising, teams can afford to spend more on ancillary players. This is why a guy like MKG can sign a deal worth 15M annually and Harrison Barnes can confidently turn down 16M a year. There are virtually no superstars who will ever jump ship to join a Sixers team based on "potential". The only guys the Sixers will be able to land are by overpaying role players. This will lead to a perpetual cycle of suck.

A large part of their rebuild was built upon this as well as the draft picks. The salary cap space means nothing now.
Just wait until Curry and Durant decide to team up in Philly.:eek:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
part of that is their guard play is ATROCIOUS.

while I agree that pairing 2 big men that cant shoot is not conducive to having a good offense in todays league- they have no chance with the guards and SF they are throwing out there that are so far below other teams talent its insane.

Okafor is clearly a keeper from what we have seen so far- and Noel is a beast on the boards, and defensively- (his steal numbers are ungodly for a big man).....but your right- ideally ONE of those guys can stretch the floor and i dont think they can- not yet at least.....but you gotta have a PG that can get these guys the ball in the right spots, and some shooters to space...or all you are doing is making it near impossible for these guys to perform on offense.

It's somewhat similar to what I thought may be the case if the Lakers drafted Okafor to play alongside Randle. A stretch-4 is probably the better player-type to go with Okafor. Keep the middle spaced for him. Randle has a long ways to go with his jumpshot.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait until Curry and Durant decide to team up in Philly.:eek:

There are rumors that Dion Waiters may want to return to Philly & play locally. (Is that why 76ers are keeping the SG spot conspicuously open ... waiting for Dion? I think they have enough cap room to sign him.)

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are rumors that Dion Waiters may want to return to Philly & play locally. (Is that why 76ers are keeping the SG spot conspicuously open ... waiting for Dion? I think they have enough cap room to sign him.)
The shooting guard spot is not open when you have Sauce Castillo.