• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is going on in Eagleville

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a wise move to sign Ryan Matthews as well. If he's healthy, I'd look for a 65/35 split on carries, which might give Murray an extra quality year of effectiveness

I thought it was crazy because of the cap. Don't forget Sproles and Polk are there too. If I was only giving Murray 65% of the carries I wouldn't have given him that contract and if I was going to give Murray 80% plus of the carries I don't give Matthews his contract with what else they have on the roster. I'd find another position to give someone a 3 year $11M contract at.

On fitting the Offense, Murray is a better fit than McCoy for their style of running, because Chip wants one move in the backfield and then get up field and didn't like McCoy jitterbugging back there. McCoy is a much better fit in the passing game. Murray can't run those sprint screens or the motion misdirections like McCoy and Sproles can and isn't near as good out in space as McCoy is.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was crazy because of the cap. Don't forget Sproles and Polk are there too. If I was only giving Murray 65% of the carries I wouldn't have given him that contract and if I was going to give Murray 80% plus of the carries I don't give Matthews his contract with what else they have on the roster. I'd find another position to give someone a 3 year $11M contract at.

On fitting the Offense, Murray is a better fit than McCoy for their style of running, because Chip wants one move in the backfield and then get up field and didn't like McCoy jitterbugging back there. McCoy is a much better fit in the passing game. Murray can't run those sprint screens or the motion misdirections like McCoy and Sproles can and isn't near as good out in space as McCoy is.
You are right about their cap. I was thinking about their style of play. It seems to me, running to the line and running a player every 25 seconds would exhaust backs if they stayed in more than a couple of series at a time:noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right about their cap. I was thinking about their style of play. It seems to me, running to the line and running a player every 25 seconds would exhaust backs if they stayed in more than a couple of series at a time:noidea:

Agree and Murray is a tough physical back that doesn't strike me as the type to go thru that style of offense without tiring or perhaps getting injured. But, they would still have Sproles and Polk to sub in and out. IMO Mathews was more for injury insurance.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO signing Murray was smart, to a lesser extent signing Matthews was smart. Signing Murray and Matthews is questionable with who were already on the roster.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can hope the results are similar to the rich kotite era. Idk if kelly is wise to get rid of all the good players. I also think mccoy is a better fit for their scheme than murray. Eagles certainly are not improved

Naw, Chip wants a RB to hit the hole. McCoy is an elite home run hitter but Chips offense wants a one cut runner. The D seems to be improved but the Offense is in question.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, Chip wants a RB to hit the hole. McCoy is an elite home run hitter but Chips offense wants a one cut runner. The D seems to be improved but the Offense is in question.

You sure that hole is going to be there>?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huhh? The Eagles have one of the best OLines in the NFL?
The holes should be there. My only concern if I were a Philly fan would be how many games does he play. Last year he was a workhorse, before last year, the guy had a hard time staying on the field. Maybe it's a coincidence that his contract year he played through injuries, maybe not

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If murray stays on the field you have a complete back. That said murray is not the big play guy that burned the cowboys like mccoy did. Also the eagles best tackle is getting older and probably will get injured. Really look at those moves and they seem to be drawn up by a monkey. Jackson,mccoy,Maclin killed us. And your qb situation is a joke. You did the rams a favor

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford running chips offense is going to not last long. Dude is made out of glass. And when healthy he is average at best. He possibly would be a solid back up at this point

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huhh? The Eagles have one of the best OLines in the NFL?

I keep hearing that. Can you keep Johnson on the field? Replace Mathis? You have the oldest line in the NFL, I believe.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford running chips offense is going to not last long. Dude is made out of glass. And when healthy he is average at best. He possibly would be a solid back up at this point

That's the best they have. Two should-be backups, a USC product, and Tebow. :pound:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing that. Can you keep Johnson on the field? Replace Mathis? You have the oldest line in the NFL, I believe.

Lane Johnson has never been hurt and is a young stud. Kelce is young and one of the best in the biz. Peters is a Hall Of Famer but getting older. THe question is at the guard position but guards are a dime a dozen. THey have two elite Tackles and a star C.

Im telling you guys right now if Bradford stays healthy he is going to have a big year. If Foles can do 27 and 2 I think Bradford has a chance (If healthy). And I always took Bradford on my fantasty teams. He has had stretches of very good play. If he stays healthy he has a chance to thrive in this system. Watch. He has an incredibly strong RB trio to rely on and the best OLine he has ever played behind. Obviously he's a HUGE question mark but I think he is going to do something big this year.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I dont know what you're laughing about Fordy. Sanchez is a back up and shredded Dallas twice. Blew them out once and almost came back from 21 to 0.

You guys are flat out wrong to think Bradford is a backup. THe issue is his injury history but not his talent. He has never had ANYTHING. No OLine, No WR's, NO TE's, No RB's. He has all that now. Its time to see if he can stay healthy but he 100% does have the talent to be a good starting QB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at the eagles board the other day and found their traffic has picked up considerably. Could be the most active team board on the hoop for the last two/three months.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Johnson has never been hurt and is a young stud. Kelce is young and one of the best in the biz. Peters is a Hall Of Famer but getting older. THe question is at the guard position but guards are a dime a dozen. THey have two elite Tackles and a star C.

Im telling you guys right now if Bradford stays healthy he is going to have a big year. If Foles can do 27 and 2 I think Bradford has a chance (If healthy). And I always took Bradford on my fantasty teams. He has had stretches of very good play. If he stays healthy he has a chance to thrive in this system. Watch. He has an incredibly strong RB trio to rely on and the best OLine he has ever played behind. Obviously he's a HUGE question mark but I think he is going to do something big this year.

I'm not as high on Lane Johnson as you. I still do think Philly will have a good OL, but I am not sure they will be one of the best lines in the league any more.

It could just be the wording, but are you suggesting that Bradford could do 27-2? That's just not happening. I'm hoping you just meant that Bradford has a chance to do well and I read it wrong. I'm not a big Bradford fan, but when I was saying the Rams should have taken a QB in the first round of the 2014 draft most here disagreed and said Bradford just needs weapons around him, so many here will probably agree with you. I've just never never been too impressed with him. I'm not saying he sucks, but I don't think he is really much of an upgrade over Foles. I think that is a move you guys are going to want back.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm definitely not saying he will do 27/2. No where close. I'm saying QBS thrive in his system. I'm utterly confused and Lane Johnson. He might be the best RT in the NFL. How could you not like that.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about the poor writing above. I meant to say... "I am utterly confused on how you cant be high on Lane Johnson. He is one of the best RTs in the NFL."

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If murray stays on the field you have a complete back. That said murray is not the big play guy that burned the cowboys like mccoy did. Also the eagles best tackle is getting older and probably will get injured. Really look at those moves and they seem to be drawn up by a monkey. Jackson,mccoy,Maclin killed us. And your qb situation is a joke. You did the rams a favor

Comments like that are silly. OK, well if you know Peters is "probably" going to get hurt cause he's getting old then Romo is "definitely" going to get hurt cause he is even older then Peters, No? We have absolutely no idea if either is going to get hurt but to come on a chat board and act like you know who is going to get hurt is pretty silly.