• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if scenario?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well OOC scheduling has little to do with this. Clemson scheduled tough. Alabama scheduled absolute trash in their non conference schedule. We have no idea what happens in the PAC based on give information.
That was 1/2 the point. It will continute not to have anything to do with it until the committee sends a consistent message. Again, JUST MY WORTHLESS OPINION!

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think is the easier OOC line up?

Texas AM, South Carolina, Wofford, and Charlotte
Or
Duke, New Mexico State, SMU, and Western Carolina.

Alabama made absolutely no attempt to play any team with a pulse this year and they didn’t last year either. Texas AM was a ranked team. Who scheduled tough in your opinion then. It sure as fuck wasn’t any team from the Big12, and most other conferences since if you aren’t scheduling 2 ranked opponents then it’s a cake walk schedule in your opinion.
I am not defending Alabama's OOC schedule. I think they should play a better slate every year. I would have preferred Michigan, Michigan State, (Both), etc. fyi: They didn't choose Duke, as they were chosen by the Chick-fil-A Committee after Alabama agreed to play an ACC team.

After previous beatings taken by Clemson (ACC), Virginia Tech (ACC), West Virginia (Big Xii) and Florida State (ACC) in this game, Duke was the best they could get. Even with that, Duke Bowls regularly, won their Bowl Game last year (Beat Temple 56-27 in Independence) to finish (8-5).

As for the comparison of the "Tough" OOC schedule and the "Trash" OOC schedule:

Charlotte, NMSU, Wofford and Western Carolina are getting ready for basketball season already. Wofford (Clemson) and Western Carolina (Alabama) are both FCS teams. Charlotte (C-USA) and New Mexico State (Independent) are bad lower G5 teams. Neither Alabama nor Clemson should play any of these four teams.

I think Duke (ACC) and Southern Miss (C-USA) will end up with stronger years than A&M (SEC) and South Carolina (SEC). Duke is in the hunt for ACC Coastal and Southern Miss should Bowl, but A&M will finish closer to the SEC West bottom than top and South Carolina is fighting for the bottom of the SEC East.

However, if you want to pump up A&M for Clemson, that is fine. Alabama plays them every year, kicks there butt almost every year (with the exception of 2012) and is more than likely going to do so again in two weeks @ A&M. Last year, Alabama won 45-23.

Bottom line is that I think there is not much difference at all. I just don't agree with calling one "Tough" and the other "Trash" - especially since Alabama thumps Clemson's "Toughest" OOC Team regularly.

IMO, Both Alabama and Clemson could / should and / or will go 4-0 against either of these OOC schedules. They are both easy, peasy, mac and cheesy.

BTW, if you are Alabama's AD for a day, who would you schedule as their 4 OOC games?

Last edited:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was 1/2 the point. It will continute not to have anything to do with it until the committee sends a consistent message. Again, JUST MY WORTHLESS OPINION!
Georgia, Clemson, and Auburn all scheduled a quality opponent while Bama, Oklahoma, and Ohio State did not. Without knowing what happens in the
I am not defending Alabama's OOC schedule. I think they should play a better slate every year. I would have preferred Michigan, Michigan State, (Both), etc. fyi: They didn't choose Duke, as they were chosen by the Chick-fil-A Committee after Alabama agreed to play an ACC team.

After previous beatings taken by Clemson (ACC), Virginia Tech (ACC), West Virginia (Big Xii) and Florida State (ACC) in this game, Duke was the best they could get. Even with that, Duke Bowls regularly, won their Bowl Game last year (Beat Temple 56-27 in Independence) to finish (8-5).

Charlotte, NMSU, Wofford and Western Carolina are getting ready for basketball season already. Wofford (Clemson) and Western Carolina (Alabama) are both FCS teams. Charlotte (C-USA) and New Mexico State (Independent) are bad lower G5 teams. Neither Alabama nor Clemson should play any of these four teams.

I think Duke (ACC) and Southern Miss (C-USA) will end up with stronger years than A&M (SEC) and South Carolina (SEC). Duke is in the hunt for ACC Coastal and Southern Miss should Bowl, but A&M will finish closer to the SEC West bottom than top and South Carolina is fighting for the bottom of the SEC East.

However, if you want to pump up A&M for Clemson, that is fine. Alabama plays them every year, kicks there butt almost every year (with the exception of 2012) and is more than likely going to do so again in two weeks @ A&M. Last year, Alabama won 45-23.

Bottom line is that I think there is not much difference at all. I just don't agree with calling one "Tough" and the other "Trash" - especially since Alabama thumps Clemson's "Toughest" OOC Team regularly.

IMO, Both Alabama and Clemson could / should and / or will go 4-0 against either of these OOC schedules. They are both easy, peasy, mac and cheesy.

BTW, if you are Alabama's AD for a day, who would you schedule as their 4 OOC games?
im pumping up aTm but you aren’t pumping up Duke? Seriously? Last year Duke was second to last in the coastal, 2017 was middle of pack, 2016 was second to last. Alabama chose to give someone else the power so they don’t get a pass on this. If they didn’t want to get weak ass opponents in non conference schedule, they should have scheduled the games themselves.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lost on a fluke

Or due to injury which is supposed to be in their wheelhouse. Were I the deciding vote, UGA goes either way.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A tough P5, a lesser P5, a G5 and maybe a sunbelt school?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia 12-1 - only loss to Auburn in regular season
Auburn 12-1 - only loss to Georgia in the SEC title game
Alabama 11-1 - only loss was to Auburn
Oklahoma - 13-0
Ohio State 13-0
Clemson 13-0

What's happening and who's out?

Auburn is out - lost title game
Bama is out - didn't make it to title game and 3 undefeated teams

#1 Clemson vs #4 Georgia
#2 Ohio St vs #3 Oklahoma

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what you think the Playoffs are for.

1. To find the best team in the nation.

or

2. Putting in the 4 best teams.

It's obviously #1, and it isn't the responsibility of the rest of the country to determine the best team in the SEC, that's the SEC's job.

So, in your scenario:
Georgia
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Clemson

We can't apply #2 in this scenario bc we don't have an eye test. All we can look at is their unfinished schedule and their record. Can't put a 1 loss team that didn't win their conference over an undefeated team in a top P5 conference...and it won't happen unless they have an atrocious schedule and none of those 3 teams do, at least not enough to make a difference in this scenario.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im pumping up aTm but you aren’t pumping up Duke? Seriously? Last year Duke was second to last in the coastal, 2017 was middle of pack, 2016 was second to last. Alabama chose to give someone else the power so they don’t get a pass on this. If they didn’t want to get weak ass opponents in non conference schedule, they should have scheduled the games themselves.
I'm not pumping up Duke because I'm not trying to prove Alabama has a "Tough" OOC schedule. It's NOT. Neither is Clemson's. That's my point. Clemson is playing two SEC teams (Texas A&M and South Carolina) that have never won the SEC (one of which gets hammered by Alabama every year), a new FBS team in C-USA (Charlotte) and an FCS team (Wofford). That's NOT TOUGH. I will say this about Duke though (in comparison to A&M) - at least Duke has won the ACC Coastal under their current coach, and A&M has never won the SEC West. That being said, neither OOC schedule is "Tough".

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia
OU
tOSU
Clemson

Alabama shouldn't be in in this case but it probably would end up there.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tough P5, a lesser P5, a G5 and maybe a sunbelt school?
Would be easy to do too. This year, they have 3 / 4 of that schedule and would just need to replace Western Carolina (FCS) with a tough P5 like Southern California.

Southern California-* (Tough P5)
Duke (Lesser P5)
Southern Miss (G5)
New Mexico State (Sun Beltish - FBS Independent)

*-Insert any tough P5 you like!

UGADawg1988

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma - 13-0
Ohio State 13-0
Clemson 13-0

This scenario is simple, and I think that Clemson, Oklahoma, and Ohio State advance, and so does UGA.

A more confusing scenario would have the SEC as you have it, with Alabama, UGA, and Auburn all having one loss. Elsewhere Oregon finishes 12-1, Ohio State 12-1, and let's say Texas at 12-1.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma - 13-0
Ohio State 13-0
Clemson 13-0

Ohio St
OU
Clemson
Georgia

are all in. All 3 undefeateds will be in. Full stop. Georgia would get in because they won their conference and avenged their only loss too.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not pumping up Duke because I'm not trying to prove Alabama has a "Tough" OOC schedule. It's NOT. Neither is Clemson's. That's my point. Clemson is playing two SEC teams (Texas A&M and South Carolina) that have never won the SEC (one of which gets hammered by Alabama every year), a new FBS team in C-USA (Charlotte) and an FCS team (Wofford). That's NOT TOUGH. I will say this about Duke though (in comparison to A&M) - at least Duke has won the ACC Coastal under their current coach, and A&M has never won the SEC West. That being said, neither OOC schedule is "Tough".
I asked you before and you ignored it, so let’s try this again, who has a tough OOC in your opinion.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now, you're bringing up Duke going to the ACC championship in 2013 :crazy:

Who knows if A&M, UGA, LSU, OU, ND or any other team Clemson schedules in the future will be good. Just know they ain't hiding like teams like Bama

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked you before and you ignored it, so let’s try this again, who has a tough OOC in your opinion.
Did not ignore, I just did not see your question. How about UCLA? @ Cincinnati, Oklahoma and San Diego State! That's tough! No FCS, 1 Big Xii, 1 MWC and 1 MWC team.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma - 13-0
Ohio State 13-0
Clemson 13-0

You know Alabama is in they fall ass backwards in no matter what

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what you think the Playoffs are for.

1. To find the best team in the nation.

or

2. Putting in the 4 best teams.

It's obviously #1, and it isn't the responsibility of the rest of the country to determine the best team in the SEC, that's the SEC's job.

So, in your scenario:
Georgia
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Clemson
Sorry it's 2.