• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What food processors do people use?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about getting a ninja or a bullet or something. I've been on a healthier eating kick lately and want to try doing things like making my own nut butters, smoothies, or just choppin stuff up for recipes. We have a blender but it doesn't do serious damage to solids.

What do you folks use/recommend?

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been using a basic 3-cup Kitchen Aid food processor KFC3516. Does everything you need; chops, purees. Bought at Macy's sale $30, goes for up to $50. Bought in 2017. Has two speeds, regular and puree. Works fine, easy to clean.

IMG_2440.JPG

Very sharp removable blade.
IMG_2441.JPG

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been using a basic 3-cup Kitchen Aid food processor KFC3516. Does everything you need; chops, purees. Bought at Macy's sale $30, goes for up to $50. Bought in 2017. Has two speeds, regular and puree. Works fine, easy to clean.

View attachment 254175

Very sharp removable blade.
View attachment 254176
Cool, thanks for the recc...KitchenAid usually mkaes good stuff, will have to check this model out

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuisinart. Mine does have multiple blades for various uses and suckers arent cheap.

Used it yesterday to puree up pineapple for an Indonesian pineapple jam the daughter loves.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
edward scissorhands film GIF by Sandra Suárez

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a Cuisinart and two Ninjas. Ninjas are the best unless you really need to mix a dough or make a puree.
Ninjas have gone up in price a bit and we still have the first one with the dual and triple blade insert. We use the
original at least once a week. I love it when I have to make a rue. I toss an onion and green pepper in that puppy
and then it's straight to the skillet. Sometimes I'll do a carrot first, then celery and then an onion and pepper.

The Cuisinart has multiple blade which I love for cheese and making my own bread crumbs,

You need to check them all out and decide what you need them for the most. If you don't do
a lot of prep for your cooking, then don't go extravagant.

evelyn121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many different types of blenders and food processors that can be used to make nut butters, smoothies, and chop up ingredients for recipes. Some popular options include:
  1. Ninja blenders: These are known for their powerful motors and sharp blades, which make them effective at blending and pureeing a wide range of foods.
  2. Vitamix blenders: These are high-quality blenders that are known for their durability and versatility. They are often used in professional settings, but are also popular for home use.
  3. Bullet blenders: These are compact and affordable blenders that are designed for quick blending tasks. They are great for making smoothies and other drinks, but may not be as effective at processing solid foods.
  4. Food processors: These are kitchen appliances that are specifically designed for chopping, grinding, and pureeing foods. They typically have a larger capacity than blenders and can handle more solid ingredients.
When choosing a blender or food processor, it's a good idea to consider your specific needs and how you plan to use the appliance. For example, if you plan to make a lot of nut butters, Hummus with Dried Tomatoes you may want to choose a model with a powerful motor and sharp blades. If you just want to make smoothies and other drinks, a compact bullet blender may be sufficient.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about getting a ninja or a bullet or something. I've been on a healthier eating kick lately and want to try doing things like making my own nut butters, smoothies, or just choppin stuff up for recipes. We have a blender but it doesn't do serious damage to solids.

What do you folks use/recommend?
Ninja.

Had the Bullet for about 5 years. I have had the Ninja now for 10.