• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 favorite cooking/food shows

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on Yahoo today, The 24 Best Cooking Shows of All Time, Ranked and it had me thinking of what are your top 5 favority cooking/food shows.

1. Yan Can Cook - I remember watching this guy as a kid. He made all kinds of stir-fry. There weren't that many Chinese places around when I was a kid, so eating asian food was a big deal. Even if it was Americanized Asian. So when I saw what this guy would do, let alone with how he would use the word Wok in all his episodes, it was pretty entertaining.

2. Iron Chef - The original series from Japan, that show was just entertaing. When it first came out, it was crazy seeing them cook with all kinds of things.

3. There is a show on PBS called, Primal Grill with Steven Raichlen. I always end up watching it for some reason when I go to the lake. Probably because we only get 5 channels. Anyway...it's always cool to see what he can do on the grill, let alone it doesn't come across as complicated or using some rare spice that is unheard of.

4. Diner's, Drive-Ins' and Dives - When that first came out. I thought it was pretty cool because it showcased places from around the U.S. You got to see some local spots. He hit up Sid's, Ingrids and Okarche in Oklahoma all really good spots and can't misses. I don't really watch it anymore though, after a number of seasons, it seemed like Guy got overconfident or seemed to think he was "above" the locals. Started to come across as a dick.

5. Country Kitchen - There was this show on cable acess called County Kitchen I think. It had a guy named Johnny Nix who would cook using a dutch oven. Basically my buddies would sit around and drink and watch this show and be amazing because how poorly it was done. You would be watching but he wouldn't tell you all the ingrediants or when he'd plate his meal he'd say something like "now stir your beans" without telling you how he made them or "add some of that tasty cornbread" You'd be like...were the hell did that cornbread come from? It was a great show to watch and drink.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like their list quite a bit.

My top five would probably include, Cook's Country, America's Test Kitchen, East Meets West with Ming Tsai, Good Eats, and the original Iron Chef. Although I admit to really liking the stupid reality shows that Gordon Ramsey does too. Especially Masterchef.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man I used to love Yan Can Cook! That's a pretty good list, but I agree that Good Eats is pretty high up there, too. I also love Top Chef.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Barefoot Contessa
  • America's Test Kitchen
  • Good Eats
  • Chopped
  • Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like their list quite a bit.

My top five would probably include, Cook's Country, America's Test Kitchen, East Meets West with Ming Tsai, Good Eats, and the original Iron Chef. Although I admit to really liking the stupid reality shows that Gordon Ramsey does too. Especially Masterchef.

I understand.... I can't but crack up at Kitchen Nightmares and Jon Taffer's Bar Rescue.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ever happened to Throw Down with Bobby Flay?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooking w/ Keith (an SNL skit)...

imagessaasdas.jpg

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy
  1. Emeril Live
  2. Good Eats
  3. Diners Drive In and Dives
  4. Barefoot Contessa
  5. Pioneer Woman

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked that Cajun cooking show with Justin Wilson. He was such a great storyteller while he cooked.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on Yahoo today, The 24 Best Cooking Shows of All Time, Ranked and it had me thinking of what are your top 5 favority cooking/food shows.

1. Yan Can Cook - I remember watching this guy as a kid. He made all kinds of stir-fry. There weren't that many Chinese places around when I was a kid, so eating asian food was a big deal. Even if it was Americanized Asian. So when I saw what this guy would do, let alone with how he would use the word Wok in all his episodes, it was pretty entertaining.

2. Iron Chef - The original series from Japan, that show was just entertaing. When it first came out, it was crazy seeing them cook with all kinds of things.

3. There is a show on PBS called, Primal Grill with Steven Raichlen. I always end up watching it for some reason when I go to the lake. Probably because we only get 5 channels. Anyway...it's always cool to see what he can do on the grill, let alone it doesn't come across as complicated or using some rare spice that is unheard of.

4. Diner's, Drive-Ins' and Dives - When that first came out. I thought it was pretty cool because it showcased places from around the U.S. You got to see some local spots. He hit up Sid's, Ingrids and Okarche in Oklahoma all really good spots and can't misses. I don't really watch it anymore though, after a number of seasons, it seemed like Guy got overconfident or seemed to think he was "above" the locals. Started to come across as a dick.

5. Country Kitchen - There was this show on cable acess called County Kitchen I think. It had a guy named Johnny Nix who would cook using a dutch oven. Basically my buddies would sit around and drink and watch this show and be amazing because how poorly it was done. You would be watching but he wouldn't tell you all the ingrediants or when he'd plate his meal he'd say something like "now stir your beans" without telling you how he made them or "add some of that tasty cornbread" You'd be like...were the hell did that cornbread come from? It was a great show to watch and drink.

"Yan Can Cook" and "Wok With Yan" are actually different shows hosted by different Yans... YCC is Martin Yan, WWY is Stephen Yan

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hopeless crush on Giada.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00