• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl Food Thread

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It smells fantastic up in here fellas!

1743664_10201490184433239_1630579010_n.jpg

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure this is the best thread we've ever had.

I'm all about grilling, but you guys take that stuff to another level. Morph, that side by side griller/smoker you have looks badass. I'd be firing that thing up weekly if I had something like that.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is by a Voodoo donut, you must get this

Last edited by a moderator:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure this is the best thread we've ever had.

I'm all about grilling, but you guys take that stuff to another level. Morph, that side by side griller/smoker you have looks badass. I'd be firing that thing up weekly if I had something like that.

Thanks man. From May to October, I use it about 2-3 times a week when the weather is nice.

We have a swamp cooler and not central air, so I will cook outside when it is hot.

In winter, when the weekends are nice, I will find an excuse to fire it up.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of food, this kid must be real hungry and loves poultry-

68367_10152170658046645_386990447_n.jpg

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of food, this kid must be real hungry and loves poultry-

68367_10152170658046645_386990447_n.jpg

That is hilarious! I have a two-year old, so I know what it's like to have to clean up a mess like that.

Like you, I use my grill almost as often as my wife uses the stove/oven. In our house it's probably a 60-40 split, though depending on what I've got going on the grill my wife will make side items.

I went deer hunting this year and got a pretty nice sized buck. I take the prime cuts and wrap them in bacon then let them sit in a mixture of soy sauce and worcestershire sauce. I'll take them out and sprinkle some garlic powder over them and then use fewer coals than usual. Instead I'll use larger wood chunks to get that "wood fire" grill taste going. Once I pull the steaks I'll drop blue cheese crumbles on top. We'll serve this with roasted red potatoes and garlic asparagus.

Very good!

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is hilarious! I have a two-year old, so I know what it's like to have to clean up a mess like that.

Like you, I use my grill almost as often as my wife uses the stove/oven. In our house it's probably a 60-40 split, though depending on what I've got going on the grill my wife will make side items.

I went deer hunting this year and got a pretty nice sized buck. I take the prime cuts and wrap them in bacon then let them sit in a mixture of soy sauce and worcestershire sauce. I'll take them out and sprinkle some garlic powder over them and then use fewer coals than usual. Instead I'll use larger wood chunks to get that "wood fire" grill taste going. Once I pull the steaks I'll drop blue cheese crumbles on top. We'll serve this with roasted red potatoes and garlic asparagus.

Very good!

Nice! Good bottle of red with that and I would be a happy man.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice! Good bottle of red with that and I would be a happy man.

I agree on the red wine. But while the red wine sounds more intuitive with that meal, I am more of a beer person. When I lived in Monterey I stocked up on local wines, and had about 15 or so bottles when I moved out here to the East Coast. I've still got 4 or 5 of those bottles and we've lived out here since April 2012!

I'll get some pics of the deer steaks up here next time I make them. I think we're having that meal this week.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very good!
how do you make "garlic" asparagus ?? I love asparagus but have never heard of a garlic version...sounds awesome...but then again, I can't cook much of anything

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you make "garlic" asparagus ?? I love asparagus but have never heard of a garlic version...sounds awesome...but then again, I can't cook much of anything

If I grill asparagus, which is tasty, I put olive oil, a touch of balsamic vinegar, S&P and some freshly minced garlic or garlic powder works too.

The big thick asparagus spears grill up better than thin ones.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I grill asparagus, which is tasty, I put olive oil, a touch of balsamic vinegar, S&P and some freshly minced garlic or garlic powder works too.

Sounds like we make it the same way. Olive oil is better than butter and it's healthier. I don't grill mine, but there's no reason for me not to give it a try next time my wife and I make this item with a meal.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we make it the same way. Olive oil is better than butter and it's healthier. I don't grill mine, but there's no reason for me not to give it a try next time my wife and I make this item with a meal.

Either oven roasted or grilled.

A little charred-flavor on it is nice.

When they come ff the grill, squeeze some fresh lemon on it when you serve it.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you dont happen to have an extra room at your house do you ?? my specialty is those boxes of mac and cheese, and sometimes I can fucker that up too.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So since the game is tomorrow, thought i would revive this thread.

Here is a simple Asian Sesame Wings recipe.

It's a 2 step, marinade overnight then bake the wings.

2 dozen full wings
1 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup light brown sugar
8 green onions with tops, chopped
1 medium shallot, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Dash pepper (no salt needed, the soy has enough)
2 tablespoons Sambal Oelek (ground fresh chili paste) *optional if you like it spicy

Just combine all the ingredients and in a bowl and mix. Then marinate the chicken wings in the mix overnight or at least 4 hours.

Drain and discard marinade (It has raw chicken juice)

Bake at 350 in a shallow pan for 30 minutes, turn over and bake 20-25 minutes more.

Combine 1/2 cup soy, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a large mixing bowl and toss the wings hot out of the oven in the mix to glaze them.

Different twist on wings. It is delicious.