• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What ever happened to cars that run on water?

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that too :lol:

But the gubmint would probably declare that a health hazard. Due to your crash resulting in piss spraying everywhere. :pound:

Actually, they could probably just test it for alcohol and bust me for DUI. :L

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent point about switching away from water... It would be difficult.

Unless it can be fusion based.

True. Anything that.....

A. Can basically sustain itself without requiring an alternator and multiple other parts that frequently break down
B. Get me more miles per "charge" or "refill"

I'd buy it.

But what the industry is waiting for is an option that will enforce their current system of pay at the pump, and lots of moving parts that cause the car to break down.

They do NOT want you to buy a car, and drive it for 20 years without having to buy fuel twice a week.

However, the first car company to give us what WE want will be the one to survive. Because as soon as I have some cash, I'm gonna mod me up a friggin' water car.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLUS, all those sand neggers in the middle east would need US. There ain't no water in them shit holes.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLUS, all those sand neggers in the middle east would need US. There ain't no water in them shit holes.

Nah, they got plenty of beach front property. They'd be alright.

But they wouldn't have any money, or anything of value to the rest of the world, and they'd finally try to blow the whole world to shit.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Not beer. It would be more useful in a water based engine.

But anyway, why would anyone want to switch from water to something they'd have to pay significantly more for? When we switch to water, the price wars will begin, and I don't see the $ mongers winning that one. There's no way(not one that I see) for the car companies to mod the engines so that we can't just put whatever water we want into the things.

Because we also drink water.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you never read anything else I say before the last post I make in a thread? I mean I raised that EXACT issue....

I read everything in a thread before I post. ;)

I did find it odd that you would point out that cars using water for fuel would take away the water we have to drink and be especially harmful to areas with little water, then question why would we move away from water as a fuel source.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read everything in a thread before I post. ;)

I did find it odd that you would point out that cars using water for fuel would take away the water we have to drink and be especially harmful to areas with little water, then question why would we move away from water as a fuel source.

Did you miss the part of the discussion where we brought up saltwater from the oceans, which no one drinks, and is threatening to rise? Because we kind of covered that.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only problem I see with the water based engine is....where are we going to harvest the water from? Particularly....out west. Are there still environmental effects? Is this ultimately the best option? Water farms along the coasts...or drain the aquifers and rivers out west even further? Don't look to the Great Lakes, their levels have been dropping, and they are already a multi-billion dollar industry which Canada and the Great Lakes states will protect. With sea levels rising, I could see harvest facilities on the coasts. Double as salt farms by letting the last inch or so of seawater evaporate?

I wasn't even comparing it to gas. I asked if it was the best option. There are others.

Out west, water is already an issue that states are fighting over. Add millions of cars using water to that problem, and you might tempt Obama to enforce yet another water ration. Meanwhile, people who live in areas where water is not just renewable but overly abundant at times, are going to just fill up from the garden hose. So I'm just curious how we're going to solve that issue out west and down in SC and Georgia where certain areas are seeing droughts.

Did you miss the part of the discussion where we brought up saltwater from the oceans, which no one drinks, and is threatening to rise? Because we kind of covered that.

To be honest, it's hard to tell where you're coming from because you argue against yourself. First you point out declining freshwater, but go on to make a point about using saltwater. Yet you later ask what places like SC and Georgia would do because of droughts even though they are coastal states that have access to saltwater.

If we're gonna fill up our tanks with the ocean, the water will just be trucked/piped inland from the ports just like oil is.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, it's hard to tell where you're coming from because you argue against yourself. First you point out declining freshwater, but go on to make a point about using saltwater. Yet you later ask what places like SC and Georgia would do because of droughts even though they are coastal states that have access to saltwater.

If we're gonna fill up our tanks with the ocean, the water will just be trucked/piped inland from the ports just like oil is.

I wasn't arguing. I was creating discussion by raising points to be discussed. I brought up Georgia and SC for that reason. I brought up ocean water and whether or not we would/could use that practically/eco-friendly for that reason.

You picked one post. Gave a one sentence response. :noidea:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know. Also....if one of these crashes....how exactly will the hydrogen respond?

hindenburg.jpg

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't arguing. I was creating discussion by raising points to be discussed. I brought up Georgia and SC for that reason. I brought up ocean water and whether or not we would/could use that practically/eco-friendly for that reason.

You picked one post. Gave a one sentence response. :noidea:

Nevermind. I don't have the energy to argue in circles with someone else over nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind. I don't have the energy to argue in circles with someone else over nonsense.

And yet, it seemed to me like you clearly showed up looking for an argument rather than just a discussion? Maybe that's why you're running out of energy for it. You find it a lot? :noidea:

Either way. I agree. If it taps drinking water, probably shouldn't be used. If not....there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to stray away from water if we as consumers can force water based engines into the market by demand.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the smart thing to do.

If my blood could cure AIDS, idk if I would tell anyone or not because some pharmaceutical company would try to get my blood and patent my genes en sech and then sue me if I fell and scraped my knee.

they would probably assassinate you because then they would lose research money

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, it seemed to me like you clearly showed up looking for an argument rather than just a discussion? Maybe that's why you're running out of energy for it. You find it a lot? :noidea:

Either way. I agree. If it taps drinking water, probably shouldn't be used. If not....there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to stray away from water if we as consumers can force water based engines into the market by demand.

I clearly showed up looking for an argument? Why? Because I didn't automatically agree with everything you said? How is simply re-bringing up a talking point arguing?

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clearly showed up looking for an argument? Why? Because I didn't automatically agree with everything you said? This is why I tried to bow out of the discussion, because your head is so far up your own ass you can't have a discussion, you have to be "right".

Hey dumbass.... I AGREED with you. I just didn't understand how you figured that I didn't know about drinking water, and it seemed like snark to me, which is usually a sign of someone going for an argument...

Turn those squeaky gears, brah.