• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What ever happened to cars that run on water?

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically what needs to happen is I need to go invent one of these water cars and then just not tell anyone. Then I can spend the rest of my life traveling for free :smokin:

That would be the smart thing to do.

If my blood could cure AIDS, idk if I would tell anyone or not because some pharmaceutical company would try to get my blood and patent my genes en sech and then sue me if I fell and scraped my knee.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The govt. would put some sort of qualifier as to what kind of water could be used, so that they could control it. It would have to be treated or evaluated and approved in some way. That would add a price element so that someone could make a ton of money and the govt. could tax it (and issue permits, etc.).

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The govt. would put some sort of qualifier as to what kind of water could be used, so that they could control it. It would have to be treated or evaluated and approved in some way. That would add a price element so that someone could make a ton of money and the govt. could tax it (and issue permits, etc.).

That guy's vehicle in the video can use any water.......he says tap water, salt water, fresh water, etc.. :dhd:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the OP article forgot to mention it would take 100 gallons of gas running a generator to make the electricity to split water into H and O.

Or some very expensive materials to cause electrolysis.

New Process Could Help Make Hydrogen Fuel Affordable

Oh......yea he didn't mention anything like that en sech........and I'm a computer programmer, not a scientist........so I basically believe anything I hear when it comes to that kinda stuff :lever:

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy's vehicle in the video can use any water.......he says tap water, salt water, fresh water, etc.. :dhd:

I'm not saying it couldn't physically run the car, but the govt. would make it illegal to use "unapproved" water or water sources. They would establish "standards."

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying it couldn't physically run the car, but the govt. would make it illegal to use "unapproved" water or water sources. They would establish "standards."

Ah I see what you're sayin........

That would be really hard to stop people from using other waters though I'd think. It would have to be one of those things where if they pull you over for speeding or something then they can test what you have in the tank.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also used the puritans to shut down alcohol fermentation. Back in the day, the farmers had a little valve on their tractors. One way, it's burning gas. The other, alcohol. Which would have created competition for...guess who...Rockefeller. This country was bought and paid for a century ago.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or at the very least, the friggin' puritans of the 20s created a very unfortunate side effect. Because to be honest, Rockeffeller always seemed like a really nice friggin' guy to me.

But still. Business is business? And he believed in abstinence anyway. So why not smash a competitor, right?

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then apply a pretty hefty fine

Exactly, using fear to control you. Hell, if they had to they would make you "register" your water-car with their oversight agency so that they could track your usage. If you weren't showing up at the approved water station they would investigate and punish you for using tap water or whatever.
Anyway, I think you get the point. They'll find a way to make big bucks by keeping the costs high.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crooked bastards :mad:

It may not have been Rockefeller himself. When he bought out businesses, he offered shares in Standard Oil as payment. Could have been a lot of other people who wanted to see their profits grow. There were a lot of them. Either way, I genuinely believe that they dug their fingers into the government. I think that's why the government went trust busting not too long after Standard Oil became the biggest juggernaut in history.