• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What ever happened to cars that run on water?

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These H fuel cells are best for hybrid cars because the reaction produces electricity too.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only problem I see with the water based engine is....where are we going to harvest the water from? Particularly....out west. Are there still environmental effects? Is this ultimately the best option? Water farms along the coasts...or drain the aquifers and rivers out west even further? Don't look to the Great Lakes, their levels have been dropping, and they are already a multi-billion dollar industry which Canada and the Great Lakes states will protect. With sea levels rising, I could see harvest facilities on the coasts. Double as salt farms by letting the last inch or so of seawater evaporate?

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only problem I see with the water based engine is....where are we going to harvest the water from? Particularly....out west. Are there still environmental effects? Is this ultimately the best option? Water farms along the coasts...or drain the aquifers and rivers out west even further? Don't look to the Great Lakes, their levels have been dropping, and they are already a multi-billion dollar industry which Canada and the Great Lakes states will protect. With sea levels rising, I could see harvest facilities on the coasts. Double as salt farms by letting the last inch or so of seawater evaporate?

Isn't there more water than crude oil?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't there more water than crude oil?

I wasn't even comparing it to gas. I asked if it was the best option. There are others.

Out west, water is already an issue that states are fighting over. Add millions of cars using water to that problem, and you might tempt Obama to enforce yet another water ration. Meanwhile, people who live in areas where water is not just renewable but overly abundant at times, are going to just fill up from the garden hose. So I'm just curious how we're going to solve that issue out west and down in SC and Georgia where certain areas are seeing droughts.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If cars ran on water we would be taxed in licensing, probably anually, by the mile. Instead of $28 per year for tags we would face $5k + per year. Roads have to be paved, workers have to be paid, someone has to scrape up the roadkill. (We don't all live in Kentucky.)

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Otherwise, I'm all for it. I know the economy will absolutely fall apart when people stop using gasoline. But hey. Change has to be hard sometimes.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's becasue we can't make a waterwheel big enough.

Would a wonder wheel work?

0d6784c6b1397064b7092cef20e4512d.jpg

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't even comparing it to gas. I asked if it was the best option. There are others.

Out west, water is already an issue that states are fighting over. Add millions of cars using water to that problem, and you might tempt Obama to enforce yet another water ration. Meanwhile, people who live in areas where water is not just renewable but overly abundant at times, are going to just fill up from the garden hose. So I'm just curious how we're going to solve that issue out west and down in SC and Georgia where certain areas are seeing droughts.

In the first video he said it could run on salt water. And if a water powered fuel cell is that efficient, I think this technology would give us plenty of time to come up with something else for fuel.

Like ethanol! I could just pour beer in my car.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the first video he said it could run on salt water. And if a water powered fuel cell is that efficient, I think this technology would give us plenty of time to come up with something else for fuel.

Like ethanol! I could just pour beer in my car.

No. Not beer. It would be more useful in a water based engine.

But anyway, why would anyone want to switch from water to something they'd have to pay significantly more for? When we switch to water, the price wars will begin, and I don't see the $ mongers winning that one. There's no way(not one that I see) for the car companies to mod the engines so that we can't just put whatever water we want into the things.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to start saving my pee.

I thought that too :lol:

But the gubmint would probably declare that a health hazard. Due to your crash resulting in piss spraying everywhere. :pound:

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Not beer. It would be more useful in a water based engine.

But anyway, why would anyone want to switch from water to something they'd have to pay significantly more for? When we switch to water, the price wars will begin, and I don't see the $ mongers winning that one. There's no way(not one that I see) for the car companies to mod the engines so that we can't just put whatever water we want into the things.

Excellent point about switching away from water... It would be difficult.

Unless it can be fusion based.