• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What does Dalton mean?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I guess my post wasn't clear as you're now the 2nd person to post this. I am talking about you guys trading up with us for the 4th pick so you can get your QB of the future
Ah, I see what you're saying now. I don't know the "valuation" chart on moving up. I know they assign numeric values to each pick, so I do not know the amount of picks it would take to value up from 20 to 4th. My understanding is, without having the value basis in this year, and an unknown value in future years, it would be a tough to jump from 20 to 4. From what I hear, it is far more likely, the Bears could value up to around spot 10 with the Bears current available draft valuations. 4 is out of reach, or so I've been led to believe on other Bear forums.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I see what you're saying now. I don't know the "valuation" chart on moving up. I know they assign numeric values to each pick, so I do not know the amount of picks it would take to value up from 20 to 4th. My understanding is, without having the value basis in this year, and an unknown value in future years, it would be a tough to jump from 20 to 4. From what I hear, it is far more likely, the Bears could value up to around spot 10 with the Bears current available draft valuations. 4 is out of reach, or so I've been led to believe on other Bear forums.
Here's the chart:

950 pt difference between the 4th and 20th spot. In addition to the swap, it would undoubtedly cost us next year's 1st and probably two or three additional higher end picks spread over these next two drafts. Not worth it.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better pick now doesn’t mean better shape now. You’re trying to prove a negative. That’s impossible. Higher pick just means higher pick. It doesn’t mean better player. It means MAYBE better player. Also means maybe not.

It’s not math. It’s logic.

You are dumber than rocks.

Better pick now means you are in a better position now than with the 20th pick. I am not trying to prove a negative, you don't know what that means. Everyone knows there are no guarantees in the draft. Thank you captain obvious. But a higher pick gives you a higher likelihood of landing a better player. And that's what good GMs do--puts the organization in better position to succeed. It's not rocket science grey pubes.

By your dumb ass logic, the Lions are in worst shape now post Stafford trade because they didn't get anything (yet) for Stafford.

Stupid old fuck.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might have a shot at a quality QB prospect, have a different HC and GM if we went 5-11 or worse. So, there’s that...

There’s nothing that suggest McCaskey was gonna dump anyone and pay multiple salaries after losing revenue to Covid.

Pure fan speculation, nothing more.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are dumber than rocks.

Better pick now means you are in a better position now than with the 20th pick. I am not trying to prove a negative, you don't know what that means. Everyone knows there are no guarantees in the draft. Thank you captain obvious. But a higher pick gives you a higher likelihood of landing a better player. And that's what good GMs do--puts the organization in better position to succeed. It's not rocket science grey pubes.

By your dumb ass logic, the Lions are in worst shape now post Stafford trade because they didn't get anything (yet) for Stafford.

Stupid old fuck.

#Shouldatanked

#Youreanangryfatboy

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s nothing that suggest McCaskey was gonna dump anyone and pay multiple salaries after losing revenue to Covid.

Pure fan speculation, nothing more.
So, we would have a shot at a quality QB prospect instead. I think making the playoffs made mccaskeys decision to keep the front office in tact much easier. However, they are notoriously cheap, so they probably would’ve stayed the course.

We won’t ever have a good QB under center unless we actually invest in a quality Oline, field, and coaching. We haven’t done either and probably won’t.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won’t ever have a good QB under center unless we actually invest in a quality Oline, field, and coaching. We haven’t done either and probably won’t.

None of those things have anything to do with drafting a good QB.

If we have a better playing surface that means we will draft better?

I really want to be nice to people on this board. Ridiculous statements like this make it impossible.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we would have a shot at a quality QB prospect instead. I think making the playoffs made mccaskeys decision to keep the front office in tact much easier. However, they are notoriously cheap, so they probably would’ve stayed the course.

A top 6 pick would have definitely put us in position to land one of the top 4 QB. Not to mention a top 6 pick is much more attractive trade chip.

But since no one knows how those picks would have turned out, a top 6 pick is just as valuable as the 100th pick---grey pubes logic.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top 6 pick would have definitely put us in position to land one of the top 4 QB. Not to mention a top 6 pick is much more attractive trade chip.

But since no one knows how those picks would have turned out, a top 6 pick is just as valuable as the 100th pick---grey pubes logic.

Not once have I ever said a high pick is equal to a low pick.

What I’ve said is picking high has not been a proven method of winning. Look around the league. The teams with year in, year out success have not spent a lot of time drafting in the top 10.

Prove me wrong.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing now does not equal winning later.

Acquiring talent, through any means necessary, equals winning.

You don’t fill holes on your roster by dumping talent. You don’t win games via tanking.

Prove me wrong.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Bears spent $10mil on him? My guess, we are drafting a rookie and not one of the top 4-5. Will need seasoning.

But holy hell... Dalton? Best reasonably available?
To answer the question in the thread topic, you now have a new, die hard fan named mrscheney. Enjoy.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing now does not equal winning later.

Acquiring talent, through any means necessary, equals winning.

You don’t fill holes on your roster by dumping talent. You don’t win games via tanking.

Prove me wrong.
The 8-8 Giants won the superbowl.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were 9-7 in 2011/12 and 10-6 in 2007/08.

And they didn’t tank.

Care to try again?
Nope, i was actually agreeing with your comment. Any given sunday and at most a 4 game winning streak gets you the the ultimate prize. Not sure how you missread my post.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton means the Bears will be irrelevent again. Goff, Dalton, Cousins. Packers get 5 wins next year. Predicting 5 wins instead of 6 because shit happens..

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can get the NFL to rescind our Super Bowl XX championship for some comp picks to satisfy Genius...