• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What does Dalton mean?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Bears.

Trubisky>>>>>>>Dalton.

Shit move, by a shit organization. :tsk:

Thats the first thing I thought.....

Shouldve stayed with MT.....

Andy has played with better offenses than ours and could not get anywheres...wtf is the difference.....ugh

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a recent report that Pace offered three 1sts, two 3rds and a player for Wilson but Pete Carroll said no dice. Take that for what it's worth. At least Pace is trying but the state of the Bears right now is directly due to missing on Trubisky. For this team, Trubisky is definitely not better than Dalton. Trubisky is carrying the weight of being a #2 pick bust. As long as he's wearing a Bears uni, there's no getting away from that.

Also look at how the offense was run in the second half. We got the running and play action game going. Sure Trubisky can move around better but his deep ball is fucking terrible. It'd be tough to find anyone who throws a more inaccurate deep ball than he does and that's particularly terrible for a team that wants to soften the defense up and take some shots deep. Dalton has experience and he's not a complete scrub.

I think it's clear that Pace and Nagy are in "save my job" mode. A rookie QB doesn't help them win this year: a solid vet does and they've got 2 bullets to spend there with Dalton and Foles, hoping one of them can pilot a ball control offense to a solid performance. They've tagged Robinson to keep alongside Mooney and will probably hang onto Graham in order to run plenty of two TE sets with Kmet which would explain Anthony Miller being on the block. After cutting Massie and re-signing Ifedi, another tackle is probably penciled in for the #20 pick.

Along with that, you squeeze another year out of an old but talented defense with Goldman (hopefully) returning to shore up the middle and cross your fingers that Quinn's 2020 was ruined by the foot injury and not just him being a complete bust. Some cards fall right for us and maybe we squeeze out 10 wins; at least that's what I think Pace/Nagy are hoping for.

Pace and Nagy are both fired this offseason. I honestly believe it's only because this offseason was a carousel for coaches and gm's that the pickings were slim. Zero chance they survive the disaster of a season about to come...

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons restructured Ryan so we are committed to him for at least 3 years. You want the number 4 pick come and get it yall.

1 this year
2 this year
1 next year
2 next year

It's all yours

Too old for me to give up them type of picks......

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Andy has played with better offenses than ours and could not get anywheres...wtf is the difference.....ugh

Did you see PTI yesterday? Wilbon seemed frustrated with the Bears brass decision to get Dalton.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sticking with Mitch would have received a lot less backlash because lolAndyDaltononeyearlater...but Mitch still sucks...and thus so would we.

Sooo...Who gives a sh*t at this point? The story is told. We gambled on Pace/Nagy/Mitch. We lost on all 3 counts...Now we suffer for a few seasons while the McCaskeys take their time figuring out the obvious. At least we had a glimmer of hope for a year or so there...so that's something. *shrugs*

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see PTI yesterday? Wilbon seemed frustrated with the Bears brass decision to get Dalton.

Have not watched that in awhile......but I cant wait to see what Cowherd has to say.....I like his show.....Not to mention his cohort Joy Taylor is nice to look at.....lol

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase....

Ryan is too old to give up all that.....my bad.

Im such a dumbass at times.lol
Gotcha. Yeah we are keeping Ryan but need picks so we will likely be trading back

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sticking with Mitch would have received a lot less backlash because lolAndyDaltononeyearlater...but Mitch still sucks...and thus so would we.

Sooo...Who gives a sh*t at this point? The story is told. We gambled on Pace/Nagy/Mitch. We lost on all 3 counts...Now we suffer for a few seasons while the McCaskeys take their time figuring out the obvious. At least we had a glimmer of hope for a year or so there...so that's something. *shrugs*

Are we in Houston.....kinda seems like that type of mess.....
Atleast we dont have a top 5 qb wanting out I suppose.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we in Houston.....kinda seems like that type of mess.....
Atleast we dont have a top 5 qb wanting out I suppose.

I mean...We're not gonna be 0-6 wins terrible this upcoming season. We will win some games...probably hover around 8-8. But we're not going anywhere and the outlook beyond 2021 is rebuilding...I know things can change in the NFL fast...but we need a sh*t ton to go right to be back in any kind of Super Bowl consideration talk in the next 3-4 years...2018 ended with so much promise. Sad story.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not watched that in awhile......but I cant wait to see what Cowherd has to say.....I like his show.....Not to mention his cohort Joy Taylor is nice to look at.....lol

I just don't trust a guy that picks his nose on tv.

56007a18b86f0f3a99c3a2391a5abc9f.gif

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we didn't tank (rolls eyes).

Now we get to draft the....8th best QB in the draft...maybe?

Oh brother. Our season is already lost because organizationally we are stupid.
Glad you're not a complete moron (rolls eyes).

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, if they had a press conference today and Dalton came out in a Leprechaun costume...I'd be all in.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today’s rumor is Bears leaning towards releasing Fuller.

#Shouldatanked

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So had we tanked we would be way better right now?

I like how that works in your mind. All current problems would have been solved had we went 5-11.
We might have a shot at a quality QB prospect, have a different HC and GM if we went 5-11 or worse. So, there’s that...

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons restructured Ryan so we are committed to him for at least 3 years. You want the number 4 pick come and get it yall.

1 this year
2 this year
1 next year
2 next year

It's all yours
Way too much for the aging QB (he's 35), as good as he was. I could see a second this year and a second next, but that's about it. He doesn't have a lot of time left in the NFL. That contract extension may be it for him.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too much for the aging QB (he's 35), as good as he was. I could see a second this year and a second next, but that's about it. He doesn't have a lot of time left in the NFL. That contract extension may be it for him.
Lol. I guess my post wasn't clear as you're now the 2nd person to post this. I am talking about you guys trading up with us for the 4th pick so you can get your QB of the future