• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What does Dalton mean?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Bears spent $10mil on him? My guess, we are drafting a rookie and not one of the top 4-5. Will need seasoning.

But holy hell... Dalton? Best reasonably available?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we didn't tank (rolls eyes).

Now we get to draft the....8th best QB in the draft...maybe?

Oh brother. Our season is already lost because organizationally we are stupid.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know it would now be dumber to draft a QB with our first round pick. Take the best player available. But we'll probably reach for a QB because like the fans in here, the organization is dumb.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have ranked when the season was almost over.

That’s what smart people do.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pain....for us fans.

But let's be honest...Nothing of significance was ever going to happen for us at the QB position in 2021 outside of a miracle rookie. Say it a thousand times: When we blew it with Mitch, the fallout season(s) were inevitable.

Sad.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons restructured Ryan so we are committed to him for at least 3 years. You want the number 4 pick come and get it yall.

1 this year
2 this year
1 next year
2 next year

It's all yours

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We traded up for a quartback that is so sh*tty that when he hit FA nobody has shown any interest...and in the wake of this f*ckup we decided our answer is a washed up retread...from the Bengals.

The depths of my sadness cannot be quantified.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We traded up for a quartback that is so sh*tty that when he hit FA nobody has shown any interest...and in the wake of this f*ckup we decided our answer is a washed up retread...from the Bengals.

The depths of my sadness cannot be quantified.

And we are paying Dalton over 3 times what the Cowboys paid him last season.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell everyone again how smart you are.

But you do it for me so well every time you post. Good thing we didn't tank! Because winners don't tank. Boy are we winners now! Congrats, you fucking dummy. lol

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you do it for me so well every time you post. Good thing we didn't tank! Because winners don't tank. Boy are we winners now! Congrats, you fucking dummy. lol

So had we tanked we would be way better right now?

I like how that works in your mind. All current problems would have been solved had we went 5-11.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears restructured contracts over the weekend to free up 23 million in cap space.

they spent around 14 of that in signing Dalton and Ifredi.

Little known fact: Had they tanked...they would have roughly 876 Billion in cap space.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So had we tanked we would be way better right now?

I like how that works in your mind. All current problems would have been solved had we went 5-11.

Yes because having a top 10 pick (as high as 6th) is better than having the 20th pick. So yes, we would be in better shape now. Still having problems with math eh? Ya fucking dummy.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears restructured contracts over the weekend to free up 23 million in cap space.

they spent around 14 of that in signing Dalton and Ifredi.

Little known fact: Had they tanked...they would have roughly 876 Billion in cap space.

lol.

you're so dumb.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because having a top 10 pick (as high as 6th) is better than having the 20th pick. So yes, we would be in better shape now. Still having problems with math eh? Ya fucking dummy.

Better pick now doesn’t mean better shape now. You’re trying to prove a negative. That’s impossible. Higher pick just means higher pick. It doesn’t mean better player. It means MAYBE better player. Also means maybe not.

It’s not math. It’s logic.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Bears.

Trubisky>>>>>>>Dalton.

Shit move, by a shit organization. :tsk:
There was a recent report that Pace offered three 1sts, two 3rds and a player for Wilson but Pete Carroll said no dice. Take that for what it's worth. At least Pace is trying but the state of the Bears right now is directly due to missing on Trubisky. For this team, Trubisky is definitely not better than Dalton. Trubisky is carrying the weight of being a #2 pick bust. As long as he's wearing a Bears uni, there's no getting away from that.

Also look at how the offense was run in the second half. We got the running and play action game going. Sure Trubisky can move around better but his deep ball is fucking terrible. It'd be tough to find anyone who throws a more inaccurate deep ball than he does and that's particularly terrible for a team that wants to soften the defense up and take some shots deep. Dalton has experience and he's not a complete scrub.

I think it's clear that Pace and Nagy are in "save my job" mode. A rookie QB doesn't help them win this year: a solid vet does and they've got 2 bullets to spend there with Dalton and Foles, hoping one of them can pilot a ball control offense to a solid performance. They've tagged Robinson to keep alongside Mooney and will probably hang onto Graham in order to run plenty of two TE sets with Kmet which would explain Anthony Miller being on the block. After cutting Massie and re-signing Ifedi, another tackle is probably penciled in for the #20 pick.

Along with that, you squeeze another year out of an old but talented defense with Goldman (hopefully) returning to shore up the middle and cross your fingers that Quinn's 2020 was ruined by the foot injury and not just him being a complete bust. Some cards fall right for us and maybe we squeeze out 10 wins; at least that's what I think Pace/Nagy are hoping for.