• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you hate the most about your team?

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would say I was sorry, but my pure unadulterated hatred of the Tigers stops me. Yes I am still upset about 1984, and Rooftop Thompson hitting a game winning homerun on Monday Night Baseball.

I like the fact you still think enough of us to hate us ....

What I hate most about the Tigers is that we suck (on paper) ... what I like most is the rebuild and watching the kids come up.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They turned it into a shopping mall with a baseball game in the background.....

But the sightlines...and the luxury suites!

:rolleyes2:

Biggest mistake is they tried to replicate the old yard, but neglected to have the upper deck overhang the OF like the old place. More than a few players have remarked that it's nowhere near as intimidating for the opposition as it used to be.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont like the Cardinals radio guys that much. Its been discussed at length in the past and they're not the best.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wal-Mart.... and the farm system feels pretty barren these days.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was stolen in the middle of the night and forced to become the Washington Nationals.

GO
85Tevt61_400x400.jpg

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of my past hatreds of the Brewers have slowly disappeared since the the turn of the century.

• Milwaukee County Stadium was a shithole. Miller Park is awesome.
  • The Selig family were shitty owners who never wanted to invest in their own team. Mark Attanasio is a good owner not afraid to open his pocketbook to better the team.
  • Doug Melvin was a shitty GM who always had a shitty farm team and the moment any prospect or player became valuable he'd trade them away for a shitty veteran player or let them walk in free agency. David Stearns in a couple short years flipped the Brewers' farm into one of the better farms in the league and has made some fantastic trades and free agent acquisitions that have propelled the organization to be one of the most competitive teams in the league.
  • Craig Counsell is a competent young manager who thinks outside the box and always seems to have the pulse of his team - unlike past managers who never seemed to even take the pulse of the team or try something outside of the standard managerial playbook.

Beyond that, I like the depth, versatility and competence of the batting lineup and fielders - even have a strong righty/lefty lineup alternation. And what's not to love about the current bullpen?

If there's one hole with the team it's starting pitching and Stearns has been working on patching that; just hasn't quite gotten there yet. He's looking to make the right deals, not just a splash.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much they are going to get screwed going with the luxury tax (not being able to resign players - because they don't want to spend that much over). I am using the word "screwed" lightly... It's not like they can't afford it but it hinders them trying to get players, especially a closer since right now it appears they probably won't be able to afford Kimbrel

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much they are going to get screwed going with the luxury tax (not being able to resign players - because they don't want to spend that much over). I am using the word "screwed" lightly... It's not like they can't afford it but it hinders them trying to get players, especially a closer since right now it appears they probably won't be able to afford Kimbrel

I keep hearing that, but I also notice that Kimbrel doesn't appear to have any suitors.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's back.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do I hate most?

That they weren't contracted...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing that, but I also notice that Kimbrel doesn't appear to have any suitors.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's back.

Heard a few days ago (via 98.5 and Jeff Passan) - EVEN if the Red Sox get him back on a 1 year deal at let's say $17 million it would cost the Red Sox about $28 million due to luxury tax, so with that in mind I don't see that happening, unless Kimbrel pulls a Brady... You do bring up a great point.. Really no suitors out there.. I'm also wondering if that is because of the Harper/Machado mess. Teams waiting around to see how those go and get other players, IE Kimbrel

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No big complaints with the team.
I wish I had more time and money to attend a few more games but that's on me not the Red Sox.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the reasoning behind the DH. The NL game is a more pure version of baseball but the AL game is a better product for the fans and players. I think the Cardinals had a hand in keeping the DH from coming to the NL so I think this counts for this topic.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No big complaints with the team.
I wish I had more time and money to attend a few more games but that's on me not the Red Sox.
You can always hit Captain Parker's Pub for some chowder and watch the game there.....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would say I was sorry, but my pure unadulterated hatred of the Tigers stops me. Yes I am still upset about 1984, and Rooftop Thompson hitting a game winning homerun on Monday Night Baseball.
My dad has a Thompson homer ball he caught layin around somewhere in a box.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the fact you still think enough of us to hate us ....

What I hate most about the Tigers is that we suck (on paper) ... what I like most is the rebuild and watching the kids come up.

I was transferred to the greater Detroit area right after the 2006 playoffs. So the team's i have disliked from this area are magnified when they win and simmer just put of sight when they lose.

That and I just feel a need to duck with @broncosmitty

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was transferred to the greater Detroit area right after the 2006 playoffs. So the team's i have disliked from this area are magnified when they win and simmer just put of sight when they lose.

That and I just feel a need to duck with @broncosmitty
You didn't miss much in 06, as a Yankees fan.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson Cruz not doing it for you?

Become a Pirates fan for a couple years. It would completely alter your perception of cheap.

The Cruz signing is fine, but it's a mid-level band-aid.

Yeah, I know it could be worse, but at least your Owner's dad didn't try to wipe your team from the planet. Nobody named Pohlad will ever be forgiven in this town.