• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i was a little shocked he went to the Ravens as well.. Im not knocking their team, i just didn't know they wanted him.. But the good news is?? There is still talent out there.. Nelson who alot of people say is better than Weddle, then you have Rahim Moore who is still young with upside, and JDR knows him.. Along with other safties out there..

Then we have the draft that's deep at S.. RAIDERS are pretty high on Thompson and Killebrew, so they say..
Like you guys said though, none of us will play Weddle so no biggie..

From what I heard money wise the Raiders were not close to what Weddle thought he was worth. Nelson is good but I doubt anybody would say he is actually better than Weddle. I mean Weddle by most is a top-4 safety in this league. As for Rahim Moore please oh please sign him. He was the guy that never lived up to the hype. When we drafted him we were sold on this idea of the guy being this great ball hawking safety. After the 1st year the Broncos realized he was not even close to that so they stuck him 25-35 yards beyond the LOS and told him just don't let anybody get beyond you. So what does he do but then let people get beyond him. He went to Houston then and kept having that same problem and eventually was benched even though they were paying him pretty decent money.

So like I said I would love to see you guys get him!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I heard money wise the Raiders were not close to what Weddle thought he was worth. Nelson is good but I doubt anybody would say he is actually better than Weddle. I mean Weddle by most is a top-4 safety in this league. As for Rahim Moore please oh please sign him. He was the guy that never lived up to the hype. When we drafted him we were sold on this idea of the guy being this great ball hawking safety. After the 1st year the Broncos realized he was not even close to that so they stuck him 25-35 yards beyond the LOS and told him just don't let anybody get beyond you. So what does he do but then let people get beyond him. He went to Houston then and kept having that same problem and eventually was benched even though they were paying him pretty decent money.

So like I said I would love to see you guys get him!
cd, the days of paying Vets like Weddle top money are over, that's why we didn't sign him.. And as for a top 5 S?? He was at one time, but not so much anymore, now im not going to trash the guy cuz i wanted him on our team.. But top 5 no.. Now a good, smart, with some big plays in him?? Yes!! And as far as Nelson goes, like i said some like him better, im not saying he is better just some like him better.. He too is a Vet till a draft pick is ready to take over.. Sort of like Heeney taking over for Lofton last year.. Our future S will come from this draft..

And as for Rahim Moore?? That's up to JDR, he coached him.. If he's good im good, if he passes so do i..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, the days of paying Vets like Weddle top money are over, that's why we didn't sign him.. And as for a top 5 S?? He was at one time, but not so much anymore, now im not going to trash the guy cuz i wanted him on our team.. But top 5 no.. Now a good, smart, with some big plays in him?? Yes!! And as far as Nelson goes, like i said some like him better, im not saying he is better just some like him better.. He too is a Vet till a draft pick is ready to take over.. Sort of like Heeney taking over for Lofton last year.. Our future S will come from this draft..

And as for Rahim Moore?? That's up to JDR, he coached him.. If he's good im good, if he passes so do i..

Well 2 of the past 3 seasons Weddle has finished as the top Safety on PFF. Now given PFF isn't the end all be all of NFL stats but it should show the guy is easily in that conversation for top-4 or 5 safeties in the NFL. I mean he has been an All-Pro safety every year since 2010 until this past season when the Chargers absolutely collapsed as a team. So I am not going to let one down year when the team around him failed miserably deter me from thinking he is still easily a top-5 safety and has a great argument for being the top safety in the NFL.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 2 of the past 3 seasons Weddle has finished as the top Safety on PFF. Now given PFF isn't the end all be all of NFL stats but it should show the guy is easily in that conversation for top-4 or 5 safeties in the NFL. I mean he has been an All-Pro safety every year since 2010 until this past season when the Chargers absolutely collapsed as a team. So I am not going to let one down year when the team around him failed miserably deter me from thinking he is still easily a top-5 safety and has a great argument for being the top safety in the NFL.
Im not going to knock Weddles game down cd, but top 5 is a little over the top.. Now i do think he is top 10.. This ain't the Weddle of even 3 years ago cd.. Again, i do think he's good, and the evidence shows that i do, cuz i wanted him on our team.. But top5 cd??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not going to knock Weddles game down cd, but top 5 is a little over the top.. Now i do think he is top 10.. This ain't the Weddle of even 3 years ago cd.. Again, i do think he's good, and the evidence shows that i do, cuz i wanted him on our team.. But top5 cd??

So I guess being 2nd team All-Pro in 2014 means nothing? That means he was voted in as one of the top-4 safeties in the entire league. He has been a 1st or 2nd team All-Pro (These are a lot more accurate than the popularity contest of the Pro Bowl) every year since 2010. So to say he is not top-5 to me is just not paying attention to what this guy does on the field. The average fan doesn't see this guy showed by how he can be voted in All-Pro and yet miss the Pro Bowl. He doesn't usually have a ton of interceptions but what he does on the field is down right impressive.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. To me this was a huge get for the Ravens. The issue becomes though how much longer can he play at such a high level? They probably get 2 years of very good production from him and then 2 years of average production with the contract they signed him to.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess being 2nd team All-Pro in 2014 means nothing? That means he was voted in as one of the top-4 safeties in the entire league. He has been a 1st or 2nd team All-Pro (These are a lot more accurate than the popularity contest of the Pro Bowl) every year since 2010. So to say he is not top-5 to me is just not paying attention to what this guy does on the field. The average fan doesn't see this guy showed by how he can be voted in All-Pro and yet miss the Pro Bowl. He doesn't usually have a ton of interceptions but what he does on the field is down right impressive.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. To me this was a huge get for the Ravens. The issue becomes though how much longer can he play at such a high level? They probably get 2 years of very good production from him and then 2 years of average production with the contract they signed him to.
I think the guy is good cd, and i wanted him on our team.. But saying he's top 5 is not right dude.. Now i do think he is top 10, and the Ravens got a good player that will get great play from him for 2 years just like you said..

Like i said in my first post cd.. Crap!! That pretty much tell you how i feel about losing Weddle to the Ravens..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the RAIDERS inquire about Jefferson the Cards S.. You lose one and another pops up!!
Yup Yup

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is sort of cool.. PFF said the RAIDERS had the best FA.. Of course you have to prove it on the field but still pretty cool.. I also read a tweet somewhere that the RAIDERS along with the Bolts and Bills now are the only teams with 2 Corners each graded in the top 16.. That one was a little trippy if i read it right..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC West will be a dogfight to the end!! And even the Bolts who have quietly added some good players in FA and have a top pick to add a Bosa or Ramsey, Buckner or trade for more picks.. Suddenly our Division looks like the hardest in football..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is sort of cool.. PFF said the RAIDERS had the best FA.. Of course you have to prove it on the field but still pretty cool.. I also read a tweet somewhere that the RAIDERS along with the Bolts and Bills now are the only teams with 2 Corners each graded in the top 16.. That one was a little trippy if i read it right..
Not true.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,446.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weddle is out....he signed with Baltimore.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weddle is out....he signed with Baltimore.
That's ok DJ, some rumors out there we looking into Tony Jefferson!! But the Cards have the right to match.. And Nelson is out there as well.. We good man..

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,446.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who is the 2nd CB in the top 16 in the league?

Carrie or Amerson? No way that's true.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the 2nd CB in the top 16 in the league?

Carrie or Amerson? No way that's true.
According to PFF not me man.. I imagine it's Amerson, he was voted most improved player or some sheet like that..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to PFF not me man.. I imagine it's Amerson, he was voted most improved player or some sheet like that..
Amerson is freakin good!! Big fast young BallHawk!! Then you pair him with the 6-3 proven beast Smith!! Then we have the 6-1 Carrie and we know he's good, 6-2 Thorpe, 6-1 McDonald the rookie!! Big Corners!!
Reggie loves big corners..

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amerson is freakin good!! Big fast young BallHawk!! Then you pair him with the 6-3 proven beast Smith!! Then we have the 6-1 Carrie and we know he's good, 6-2 Thorpe, 6-1 McDonald the rookie!! Big Corners!!
Reggie loves big corners..
The entire Wolf tree seems to like the big CB's regardless of the scheme be it man or zone based.. Dorsey, McCloughan, Schneider, and McKenzie seem to keep going after the same players for the most part each season. What's interesting is seeing how well they all have done in their brief tenures. Only Reggie has not had a playoff team yet.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire Wolf tree seems to like the big CB's regardless of the scheme be it man or zone based.. Dorsey, McCloughan, Schneider, and McKenzie seem to keep going after the same players for the most part each season. What's interesting is seeing how well they all have done in their brief tenures. Only Reggie has not had a playoff team yet.
Yeah, Reggie had to take the RAIDERS back to formula in order to fix it.. And now we here knocking on the Division door..
But you right, it does seem like we all like the same players.. Hudson and Smith, Streater and Branch for you guys and so on.. All from the same tree dude.. The same everything it so it seems, as far as player personal..
Ron Wolf, what a tree to come from..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did you guys read that?? And if so, what do you think about it??