• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do Suns fans think about Eric Bedsoe?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns front office & fans have been saying this all along. His agent has fucked everything up. Making promises to Bledsoe which he couldn't backup. They are basically going to have to choose between taking a fair offer or lose out on $8 mil this season & risk injury by signing the RFA 1 year deal. If he stays healthy, he might be able to recoup that $8 mil over time. The max he could after the season is still only 4/$60 mil range & I still don't see many teams offering him that unless he play 75+ games this season & the Suns make a playoff run.

He's a good player, he is just not THAT good. Look at Eric Gordon. Injury history & was still signed to a max deal. Look how that turned out for the Pelicans. Too much risk right now for Bledsoe to be getting the max.

You can listen to that radio interview here.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Monroe is reportedly leaning towards accepting his qualifying offer... but don't compare that situation to Bledsoe's at all. Monroe is a proven starter without an injury history, and when you add the fact that he's a big it only drives up his value in free agency.

Imagine if Bledsoe decides to accept his QO and gets injured towards the end of the season so the Suns get a full season's worth of Bledsoe playing for a max deal and then he becomes a FA afterwards and Phoenix can just go ahead and re-sign Dragic, target one of the elite bigs on the market and let Bledsoe walk. That would be my ideal scenario if he wants to be a greedy prick... our offer was more than fair. He needs to come back down to earth.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Jennings being less than stellar, it would be good for both Teams to swap their young stars.

But, they say you shouldn't swap bigs for guards.

I just don't trust Len.

Plumlee is a stud, while Len looks like a project.

But, it's early...gotta give the kid a fair shot.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Dear....

I didn't realize that a player can't be traded , w/out his consent , once they accept a qualifying offer.

That puts the Suns and Pistons in a bind if they wanted to ship either to the highest bidder.

Hopefully, the Suns can get a deal done before it comes to that.