• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do Suns fans think about Eric Bedsoe?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West is ridiculously deep and Phoenix is going to use an extremely small lineup next season, so it isn't like Bledsoe is the final piece to a championship team. I don't see why the Suns don't just let this greedy overrated asshole walk. It seemed to me as if the team played just as well with him as they did without him.

I wanted to know what others thought about this.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been misled by his idiotic agent... Richard Paul (same guy that represents LeBron) Paul has never had another contract to negotiate besides LeBron and I mean let's be real here, a blind nun could get LeBron a max deal. He's trying to prove himself by getting Bledsoe a big deal but in reality he's just establishing himself as a greedy, unrealistic asshole.

Bledsoe missed 34 games last year in his FIRST year as a starter and he thinks he's worth a 80 million? Give me a break. He's a good player, but he's not a super star or franchise player. He's a huge injury risk and unless he lowers his asking price by about 10-15 million or so then I don't think the Suns will keep him. I really want to work out a sign and trade and get a solid big for him.

llemon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Suns' fans hope he takes the $48 mil contract

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it doesn't matter if he plays for his 1 year RFA salary or for what the Suns are offering. He has almost burnt every bridge back to Phoenix in the eyes of the fans. Let him play under his RFA deal & trade him for assets. Remember, we got him in a trade for Jared Dudley. So if we can get a pick & a decent young player for him, trade his ass.

You don't pay guys like Bledsoe max money. A) He hasn't done enough to earn that money. B) Has an injury history & guys like him have shown a trend of being injured often.

Milwaukee sounds like a good place for Bledsoe. Antetokounmpo, Knight, & a 2016 1st should do it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it doesn't matter if he plays for his 1 year RFA salary or for what the Suns are offering. He has almost burnt every bridge back to Phoenix in the eyes of the fans. Let him play under his RFA deal & trade him for assets. Remember, we got him in a trade for Jared Dudley. So if we can get a pick & a decent young player for him, trade his ass.

You don't pay guys like Bledsoe max money. A) He hasn't done enough to earn that money. B) Has an injury history & guys like him have shown a trend of being injured often.

Milwaukee sounds like a good place for Bledsoe. Antetokounmpo, Knight, & a 2016 1st should do it.

There is little chance the Bucks give you the Greek Freak.

They have sufficient cap space to simply offer him a max deal and dare the Suns to match it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have sufficient cap space to simply offer him a max deal and dare the Suns to match it.

Giannis, the Bucks 1st rounder (which should be damn good) and a decent player in Knight for Bledsoe who wants a ton of money, was injured a lot last year....?

really?

Mecca- you are right- Giannis straight up would never even be considered

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West is ridiculously deep and Phoenix is going to use an extremely small lineup next season, so it isn't like Bledsoe is the final piece to a championship team. I don't see why the Suns don't just let this greedy overrated asshole walk. It seemed to me as if the team played just as well with him as they did without him.

I wanted to know what others thought about this.

They were 28 and 15 with Bledsoe and 20 and 19 without Bledsoe. They played much better with him.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were 28 and 15 with Bledsoe and 20 and 19 without Bledsoe. They played much better with him.

Hornacek's system works MUCH better with two ballhandlers on the court at all times which is why Dragic and Bledsoe worked so well together. That's the main reason they signed Thomas... as Bledsoe insurance.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do understand the Suns can match any offer with ease?

Here would be contract offers:

Suns - 4/$48

Bucks - 4/$60

Bledsoe - 5/$80

The Suns can easily match any max offer & still be far below Bledsoe's asking price. That is exactly what the Suns want, a team to make him a an offer so that they can match it.. But there doesn't seem to be a team willing to make that futile offer because they know it will be matched.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand the Suns can match any offer with ease?

Here would be contract offers:

Suns - 4/$48

Bucks - 4/$60

Bledsoe - 5/$80

The Suns can easily match any max offer & still be far below Bledsoe's asking price. That is exactly what the Suns want, a team to make him a an offer so that they can match it.. But there doesn't seem to be a team willing to make that futile offer because they know it will be matched.

You do understand that the Suns don't want to make pay him a max salary, right?

Hence, the Bucks don't need to give up a blue chip like Greek Freak.

They, along with the 76ers, have enough cap space to offer him a max deal and then dare the Suns to match....which CLEARLY they don't want to do.

If they had any intentions on paying him 15mil per, the deal would have already been done.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand that the Suns don't want to make him a max offer, right?

Hence, the Bucks don't need to give up a blue chip like Greek Freak.

They, along with the 76ers, have enough cap space to offer him a max deal and then dare the Suns to match....which CLEARLY they don't want to do.

You do understand that they will make him a max match offer if they need to? And right now they don't need to. The minute the market dictates a change in his price, the Suns will match it.

The Bucks do not have anywhere near the space to make an offer on Bledsoe. Where are you getting your information?

The Bucks were one team said to have interest in Bledsoe, but they’d need to clear some cap space in order to give him the type of money he’s looking for.
Source1 Source2

Last edited by a moderator:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand that they will make him a max match offer if they need to? And right now they don't need to. The minute the market dictates a change in his price, the SUns will match it.

The Bucks do not have anywhere near the space to make an offer on Bledsoe. Where are you getting your information?

Goodness.

I didn't realize they were at 59mil.

That OJ Mayo contract is horrific.

Last edited by a moderator:

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodness.

I didn't realize they were at 59mil.

That OJ Mayo contract is horrific.

Yeah, they would need to clear at least $11 mil to make the max offer. There just isn't a market for Bledsoe. The Suns are doing the right thing by making the market dictate his salary.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they would need to clear at least $11 mil to make the max offer. There just isn't a market for Bledsoe. The Suns are doing the right thing by making the market dictate his salary.

They are trying.

This is what I saw that makes me think it's possible.

If they renounce Sessions, Udoh and trade a guy...they have max money.

While Bledsoe can take the Suns’ $3.7 million qualifying offer, and Monroe can accept a similar one-year offer ($5.5 million) from the Pistons, both would prefer to lock in long-term money.

The Philadelphia 76ers can spend more than any team in the league (up to $29.4 million) but don’t seem inclined to acquire expensive, long-term talent.

The Suns have roughly $20.2 million without Bledsoe. Detroit has about $11.8 million to spend if they let Monroe go.

While the Milwaukee Bucks are also over the cap, buoyed by unsigned Ekpe Udoh’s $11.1 million cap hold, the team can spend up to $12.5 million. If the Bucks stay over the cap, they’ll have their full $5.3 million Mid-Level Exception (MLE).

The most likely Buck player to be relocated to a different zip code is Ersan Ilyasova, who is coming off a disappointing season but whose stock remains fairly high.

Moving Ilyasova would be a great decision. He's still got value to bring back something in return, but the Bucks should also shed as much multi-year salary as they can. They signed Ilyasova to a five-year, $40 million deal in 2012 but he only has two years at a little under $16.4 million left guaranteed on his contract.

But it's not just Ilyasova who could find a new zipcode.

Young forward John Henson, who has shown flashes of being a top-flight player, is also available and some Bucks insiders claim the team's new owners — Marc Lasry and Wes Edens — have given their blessing to possibly trading young point guard Brandon Knight, arguably the team's best player.

Both Henson and Knight undoubtedly would bring back at least a mid-first round pick, if the Bucks desired to move them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i agree- thats true.....

i think the Suns are playing it correctly- --- actually very similar to how the Browns played it with Alex Mack over the offseason where they transitioned him and let the market set his price and then just matched and scooped him up for al ong term deal

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are trying.

This is what I saw that makes me think it's possible.

If they renounce Sessions, Udoh and trade a guy...they have max money.

While Bledsoe can take the Suns’ $3.7 million qualifying offer, and Monroe can accept a similar one-year offer ($5.5 million) from the Pistons, both would prefer to lock in long-term money.

The Philadelphia 76ers can spend more than any team in the league (up to $29.4 million) but don’t seem inclined to acquire expensive, long-term talent.

The Suns have roughly $20.2 million without Bledsoe. Detroit has about $11.8 million to spend if they let Monroe go.

While the Milwaukee Bucks are also over the cap, buoyed by unsigned Ekpe Udoh’s $11.1 million cap hold, the team can spend up to $12.5 million. If the Bucks stay over the cap, they’ll have their full $5.3 million Mid-Level Exception (MLE).

The most likely Buck player to be relocated to a different zip code is Ersan Ilyasova, who is coming off a disappointing season but whose stock remains fairly high.

Moving Ilyasova would be a great decision. He's still got value to bring back something in return, but the Bucks should also shed as much multi-year salary as they can. They signed Ilyasova to a five-year, $40 million deal in 2012 but he only has two years at a little under $16.4 million left guaranteed on his contract.

But it's not just Ilyasova who could find a new zipcode.

Young forward John Henson, who has shown flashes of being a top-flight player, is also available and some Bucks insiders claim the team's new owners — Marc Lasry and Wes Edens — have given their blessing to possibly trading young point guard Brandon Knight, arguably the team's best player.

Both Henson and Knight undoubtedly would bring back at least a mid-first round pick, if the Bucks desired to move them.

holy shit i dont know why the Cavs have no tried to make some kind of deal for Henson!!!! he would be PERFECT!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree- thats true.....

i think the Suns are playing it correctly- --- actually very similar to how the Browns played it with Alex Mack over the offseason where they transitioned him and let the market set his price and then just matched and scooped him up for al ong term deal

It's smart if he is dead set on a max offer.

Nobody wants to be in the position the Rox found themselves in this Summer.

I doubt anyone believed Parsons would get a max deal, I know I didn't :noidea:.

But, if Bledsoe gets a max deal, and they match, it's like Eric Gordon all over again...in reverse.

Too much bad blood over negotiations and the guy is not worth the salary.....yet.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit i dont know why the Cavs have no tried to make some kind of deal for Henson!!!! he would be PERFECT!

I love that guy.

He was on my fantasy team last year:lol:.

I find it odd that they'd rather keep Sanders over Henson:scratch:.

I guess the only guys who are untouchable are Greek Freak and Jabari.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons' got a pseudo-max deal. He didn't get a full max. Parsons only got 3 years at max value for his service time. There was about $18 mil of max FA money left on the table with his deal.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons' got a pseudo-max deal. He didn't get a full max. Parsons only got 3 years at max value for his service time. There was about $18 mil of max FA money left on the table with his deal.

Did you see this?

I said this very thing yesterday.

So, how long until we hear Bledsoe to the Cavs for Waiters and parts?:lol:

On Monday's Bickley and Marotta show on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM, Wojnarowski said Bledsoe and his agent, Rich Paul, have "kind of boxed themselves into a corner" after rejecting the Suns' four-year, $48 million offer but being unable to secure an offer sheet from another team. "It's not really a negotiating strategy to say, ‘Max deal or nothing.'" he said. "Restricted free agency is about the agent going out and getting an offer sheet for his player. That's it. It's not about the Suns bidding against themselves. Utah didn't bid against itself with Gordon Hayward, and Houston didn't do that with Chandler Parsons, but their agents went out and got offer sheets, and got max offer sheets."