• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What changes would you like to see in the NFL?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id like to see the NFL re-align where the rest of the league gets to enjoy the jets/bills and dolphins more, and not just one team gets that privilege

I think the same could be said about the NFC North. Who would not want to play the Browns and Bengals year after year? That is like penciling in 4 wins before the season even starts.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • A 16-team NFL minor league should be established with a two-team (1 NFC; 1 AFC - regional) shared affiliate for each team. 60-man rosters (30 prospects per team). High school graduate requirement; no NCAA necessary. Eliminate practice squads. - This would be cool. If this replaced practice squads, wouldn't it have to be played when the NFL season is? I'm not sure it would survive competing against the NFL and College Football.

I don't even think it will survive High School Football in Texas

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is a chip in the ball gonna know when a players knee is down or when he is touched down?

Another poster suggested lasers. That sounds better and more accurate to me.

Lasers? Fuck that, Lasers will blind the players unless their wearing LEP's

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as changes to NFL in general

Full time referees, with the bottom graded refs having a possibility of being replaced by refs in training.
As of right now I dont think Refs get fired. Its like the NFL says hey thanks for showing up!

then replace most opioids painkillers with Weed instead of suspending players for a less destructive painkiller & less devastating to said player. (take 2 brownies & call me in the morning) The fact they back these prescriptions & condemn players for the other is crazy nowadays.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 hours and that's the response you come up with? lol so in other words, you don't really have a "good" reason, you just like hearing yourself say "safety". cool.

look who goes ad hominem because he never had anything of substance.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look who goes ad hominem because he never had anything of substance.

So first its because kickers are puny little "soccer players", and then its because "whu-whu-whu-whu-what about baseball!"...? Lol you really are a fucking idiot.

"safety, dyoods! Ya gotta be safe! Gotta make it like pee-wee football, 'n stuff!"

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So first its because kickers are puny little "soccer players", and then its because "whu-whu-whu-whu-what about baseball!"...? Lol you really are a fucking idiot.

"safety, dyoods! Ya gotta be safe! Gotta make it like pee-wee football, 'n stuff!"

I already laid them out.

1) player safety
2) soccer players having too much impact on a game.
3) you'd have more roster spots for real football players, meaning teams would actually be able to have depth. Leading to a higher quality product.
4) teams will go for it on 4th down more often and you'd see 2pcs. Which since it's more of a 50/50 play, makes it inherently more exciting than an XP.

while you....continue to bring nothing bu ad hominem to the discussion.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already laid them out.

1) player safety
2) soccer players having too much impact on a game.
3) you'd have more roster spots for real football players, meaning teams would actually be able to have depth. Leading to a higher quality product.
4) teams will go for it on 4th down more often and you'd see 2pcs. Which since it's more of a 50/50 play, makes it inherently more exciting than an XP.

while you....continue to bring nothing bu ad hominem to the discussion.
1. Chasing this idea of "player safety" is short-sighted and ends up eroding the game, itself. We've already seen enough of this nonsense.
2. Theyre not soccer players, as much as you want them to be. Kicking is as much a part of the game as anything, as much as you dont want it to be.
3. More roster space? So...getting rid of 2 players, the punter and kicker? Wow! Talk about adding depth for "real football players"!
4. Meh. I find long fg's at the end of games to either win or lose to be pretty exciting, myself.
5. You seem to be in love with the term "ad hominem".

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think the league would keep the same number of roster spots?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the league would keep the same number of roster spots?

I'd actually get rid of the inactive list as well. Be like baseball (aka a far superior sport), everyone on the roster can suit up and play.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually get rid of the inactive list as well. Be like baseball (aka a far superior sport), everyone on the roster can suit up and play.
Nope. Baseball has a DL list, same thing, especially the 7 and 10 day lists.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Baseball has a DL list, same thing, especially the 7 and 10 day lists.

I’m fine creating a dl for football.

But 25 guys always suit up in baseball.

So yes....not nope.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how many of these have been covered but

No automatic replays. If you want to reverse a call throw the red flag. If you're correct no foul if you lose you lose a time out. No time outs, no replays/challenges.

Replays done in real time not in slow motion with a time limit.

It'll never happen but get rid of the Thursday package on in the very least have it after the teams bye week. Those games generally suck.

Start the preseason a week later, add a 2nd bye (Health and to better schedule the Thursday games), have Superbowl Sunday the day before Presidents Day.

Change the rule where if a team fumbles going into the end zone and it goes out of bounds. Right now it's a turnover and the other team gets the ball on the 20. Anywhere else the team retains the ball at the spot of the fumble or where it goes out of bound. The team retains the ball at the spot of the fumble.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m fine creating a dl for football.

But 25 guys always suit up in baseball.

So yes....not nope.
Guys on the DL don't suit up. 45 guys always suit up for NFL on game day. NFL inactives = baseball DL. NFL practice squad = baseball 40-man roster. So, Nope it is!!! You're trying to compare a game played once a week with high violence to a game played every day with no to little violence. No comparison!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys on the DL don't suit up. 45 guys always suit up for NFL on game day. NFL inactives = baseball DL. NFL practice squad = baseball 40-man roster. So, Nope it is!!! You're trying to compare a game played once a week with high violence to a game played every day with no to little violence. No comparison!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys on the DL can’t play. The nfl is like having Baseball only allow 20 guys to play each day.

It’s a very big difference.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys on the DL can’t play. The nfl is like having Baseball only allow 20 guys to play each day.

It’s a very big difference.
My last word on this cause you just don't get how wrong you are about this. Active baseball rosters are 25 and active football rosters are 45, same thing. How many are inactive; DL, PS, 40-man roster, game day inactives doesn't matter cause the max number on the active game-day lists never changes. The only difference is baseball declares an active list every day and football only does it once a week cause that's how often each game is played.

The NHL does it the same way with full rosters bigger than active game day rosters. They have game day scratches with healthy players getting scratched all the time and IR for longer term injuries.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My last word on this cause you just don't get how wrong you are about this. Active baseball rosters are 25 and active football rosters are 45, same thing. How many are inactive; DL, PS, 40-man roster, game day inactives doesn't matter cause the max number on the active game-day lists never changes. The only difference is baseball declares an active list every day and football only does it once a week cause that's how often each game is played.

The NHL does it the same way with full rosters bigger than active game day rosters. They have game day scratches with healthy players getting scratched all the time and IR for longer term injuries.

No that’s my point. Baseball doesn’t have healthy scratches.

The 40 man is nothing like the 53 man. Because Baseball has a real minor league system and doesn’t mooch off taxpayer dollars the same way basketball and football do.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start the preseason a week later, add a 2nd bye (Health and to better schedule the Thursday games), have Superbowl Sunday the day before Presidents Day.

I like your thinking here.
At least they could make it Superbowl Saturday.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • NFL player contracts should be fully guaranteed and fully count against the salary cap (including signing bonuses and buy-outs)
  • Contracts for a single player cannot exceed 10% of a team's salary cap for UFAs or 12% for retained players (at the time of signing) and cannot exceed 5 years in term.
  • A 16-team NFL minor league should be established with a two-team (1 NFC; 1 AFC - regional) shared affiliate for each team. 60-man rosters (30 prospects per team). High school graduate requirement; no NCAA necessary. Eliminate practice squads.
  • Salary cap max includes the 30 players in the team's minor league affiliate.

I like a lot of this.

Contracts...like the guaranteed part, but I think teams still should have the ability to cut players. Instead of the entire remaining contract getting wiped out, the player still gets the money, but the team has to 50% of their salary on the cap for each yr remaining...players get paid, teams get some cap relief if they cut the player, but not complete cap relief.

Get rid of the signing bonus loop holes. Every team spends at least 95% of the cap every season.

As much as I would like to see a farm system in the NFL...I think it would do wonders for QB play, I'm not sure we'll ever get there.